Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I'm not sure what's a hackintosh kext vs non-hackintosh. Here's a screenshot of /Library/Extensions
This is another reason I prefer the looooooong Mojave guide in Post #1 versus the little Mini-Guide for Catalina because the Mojave guide is transparent -- it makes you do all the little steps and gives at least some explanation for each step. But the Catalina Mini-Guide is more of a black box -- you don't really know what's under the hood.

If I recall correctly, Volvo once released a car where the hood (or bonnet) could only be opened by service technicians. The user only experienced the user-interface of the car, but the rest was a black box.

If all cars were like this, imagine the outcome...for every little problem or strange sound or warning sign the user would have to consult a technician. Users would be unable to be their own first responders; they would be unable to solve their own problems. And service technicians would be inundated with calls -- much like hospitals today being flooded with COVID-19 patients.

I feel that something of this type is happening as everyone takes the short cut to install Catalina from the Mini-Guide.

I am fairly certain any change made was in the 970 evo efi ,i am very careful not to mess with windows efi ,because windows are much more unstable and finicky,fun fact when i upgraded from the 8700 to the 9900k windows stopped working and i had to do a clean reinstall ,i had done CMOS reset booted with one stick of ram ,i tried everything windows wouldn't boot thank god i dont rely on it ,this mac os installation i have since high siera never failed to boot i have also included screen shots of my seagate hard drive efi ,and the windows efi which i had never mounted on clover before today :pView attachment 457123View attachment 457126View attachment 457125
There are 3 disks in those screenshots and 3 EFI partitions. Have you check all 3 EFI partitions to ensure that CLOVER is only installed in one of them?

Hi, I follow this mini guide, when macOS installer start, I get this Message "An error occurred while preparing the installation, Try running this application again." Help please!

32 G Ram
Clover v5107
RX 580

Thank You!
Hello @IKOBOY,

Please edit your post and delete the Catalina Mini-Guide.

Update: Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok, I have just tried to update clover following the instructions listed and it failed.

Sorry to be a pain, just tried updating clover following the mini guide instructions and the attached screenshot is what i get.. Any ideas?
Some things to check:
  • The Install Location should be your internal macOS SSD.
Perhaps a more straightforward method to update Clover is as follows. This is only for updating older version of Clover 5xxx to newer version of Clover 5xxx. This is not for updating from Clover 4xxx.
  • Download the zip file as shown here:
    Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 2.32.05 AM.png
  • Mount the EFI partition of your macOS SSD.
  • Copy these two files from the downloaded ZIP to the EFI partition:
    • EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi --> to your EFI/CLOVER folder
    • EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi --> to your EFI/BOOT folder
      Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 2.32.43 AM.png

Sorry, my bad!
If the installer failed with 2 minutes remaining, first thing I would suggest is to assume that it's okay. What happens if you reboot and select Boot macOS Install from ... once again?

I am fairly certain any change made was in the 970 evo efi ,i am very careful not to mess with windows efi ,because windows are much more unstable and finicky,fun fact when i upgraded from the 8700 to the 9900k windows stopped working and i had to do a clean reinstall ,i had done CMOS reset booted with one stick of ram ,i tried everything windows wouldn't boot thank god i dont rely on it ,this mac os installation i have since high siera never failed to boot i have also included screen shots of my seagate hard drive efi ,and the windows efi which i had never mounted on clover before today :p
here's something I do if I'm not sure which EFI I'm booting from.

mount your Mac EFI partition, and then in config.plist--GUI--theme, change the theme.

when you reboot, did the clover screen theme change to the one you chose?

Hi Casey, thanks for this guide on how to update. But I'm stuck on the apple logo screen.

I updated Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC as mentioned (I just dropped the new .txts files in the EFI partition, I suppose that's how to update it?)

My Clover is 5104.

I see the two partition options, the Boot macOS Install Prebooter from... AND Boot macOS Install from [disk name] - Data

I tried selecting both, but I only see the Apple logo and no progress bar at all. I waited good 10 mins each and nothing.

Luckily, my 10.15.3 is working just fine. Any idea what's happening?

Hi Casey, thanks for this guide on how to update. But I'm stuck on the apple logo screen.

I updated Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC as mentioned (I just dropped the new .txts files in the EFI partition, I suppose that's how to update it?)

My Clover is 5104.

I see the two partition options, the Boot macOS Install Prebooter from... AND Boot macOS Install from [disk name] - Data
I tried selecting both, but I only see the Apple logo and no progress bar at all. I waited good 10 mins each and nothing.

Luckily, my 10.15.3 is working just fine. Any idea what's happening?
Try booting in verbose mode and see if that tells us anything.

At the Clover Boot screen, use the arrow keys to choose install from prebooter and hit the space bar. On that screen, arrow down and click the Verbose Boot box, then arrow back up and select Boot with selected options.

Hello @CaseySJ like I said before, here is the firmware for the Titan Ridge onborad TB3 on the X299X GB Designare 10G! Hope you guys can make this work, finding the chip was nightmare till I gave up and looked for a board diagram on line lol.

You'll see 3 files since I compared checksums like you told me.

Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

• Titan-Ridge-X299X-DGS-10G.zip
    809.3 KB · Views: 72
Back