Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Screen works normal with recovery mode.
The issue I experienced before with clean install is that freezes are showing up again. I have to make a clean install of Mojave 10.13.6 and from there upgrade to Catalina (have you confirm this Casey from other users?). If I only could mount main system efi from my 2nd system and from there try weg 1.3.6...
Because you can boot into Recovery, we can actually make all the necessary fixes through Terminal.

Let’s start with this:
Code:
ls /Volumes
Please post the result.

if you didn't remove FakeSMC or VirtualSMC from /L/E, and didn't change your config.plist for Kext injection from Detect to Inject, then clover wouldn't have loaded any of your kexts from clover/kexts. "detect" means that if fake or virtualsmc is in /L/E no kexts will be loaded from clover. in config.plist on your usb drive change Detect to Inject. when you can successfully boot from your Mac drive then you can remove fake or virtualsmc from /L/E and change Detect to Inject in your config.plist on your boot drive.
No I didn't remove fakesmc from L/E and inject kexts setting is to detect mode. Fakesmc is on both locations (L/E and EFI). So this means as you said that kexts didn't injected from efi and they are no longer on L/E to be injected from there. That confirms my issue with booting. So I hope I can boot from usb drive and from there change the settings in config.plist. Thanks for clarifying all this info! :)

Because you can boot into Recovery, we can actually make all the necessary fixes through Terminal.

Let’s start with this:
Code:
ls /Volumes
Please post the result.
1.jpg

The name of your macOS SSD is "iMac Pro". So let's check on FakeSMC and perhaps get rid of it. We can also rebuild the kernel cache.
Code:
cd /Volumes/"iMac Pro"/Library/Extensions
ls
Please post the output. Then if any other third-party kexts are still present, we can remove them. For example, if FakeSMC is present, we can do this:
Code:
rm -rf FakeSMC.kext
And we can repeat this for each FakeSMC sensor kext. When we're done we can rebuild the kernel cache:
Code:
cd /
kextcache -i /Volumes/"iMac Pro"

The name of your macOS SSD is "iMac Pro". So let's check on FakeSMC and perhaps get rid of it. We can also rebuild the kernel cache.
Code:
cd /Volumes/"iMac Pro"/Library/Extensions
ls
Please post the output. Then if any other third-party kexts are still present, we can remove them. For example, if FakeSMC is present, we can do this:
Code:
rm -rf FakeSMC.kext
And we can repeat this for each FakeSMC sensor kext. When we're done we can rebuild the kernel cache:
Code:
cd /
kextcache -i /Volumes/"iMac Pro"
So I proceed to remove all fakesmc kexts and post the output.

P.S. I just had a freeze.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 102
@CaseySJ Can I save with Carbon Copy with your guide?

Source my SSD NVMe ----> Target LaCie hard drive ?

Or it is needed to have a SSD ? Thkx

I removed Fakesmc and sensors but when I tried to rebuild the cache i got an error.
3.jpg

So I proceed to remove all fakesmc kexts and post the output.

P.S. I just had a freeze.
Did the freeze occur while booted into Recovery?

There are other Hackintosh kexts in the photo:
  • AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
  • AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • XHCI-unsupported.kext
These should also be removed.

In fact, it would be best to copy kexts from the Zip file at the bottom of the Catalina Mini-Guide (copy them to CLOVER/kexts/Other).

It's also recommended to use VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC, but that can be done later. One thing at a time...

Did the freeze occur while booted into Recovery?

There are other Hackintosh kexts in the photo:
  • AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
  • AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • XHCI-unsupported.kext
These should also be removed.

In fact, it would be best to copy kexts from the Zip file at the bottom of the Catalina Mini-Guide (copy them to CLOVER/kexts/Other).

It's also recommended to use VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC, but that can be done later. One thing at a time...
It's working and it's updated also!

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 97
CaseySJ, as part of my upgrade to 10.15.4 I decided to go ahead and bring my system up to snuff with a couple of the items that have been added in the past recent months. These are enabling native NVRAM and move from using AptioMemoryFix.efi to OcQuirks.efi.

The move to native NVRAM went off without a problem. No issues

However testing OcQuirks has produced less than favorable effects.

My test was to build a USB stick with my current Clover EFI on it. (this is all that is on this USB stick). I then tested to make sure I could boot and get to Clover and select my "Macintosh HD" for booting MacOS, this all works no problem. I then modified the USB stick EFI by removing AptioMemoryFix.efi and adding OcQuirks.plist, OcQuirks.efi, and FwRuntimeServices.efi to my EFI (clover/drivers/efi). Booting off this stick now hangs at the Gigabyte "Insist on Ultra Durable" Logo (2nd display of the Logo without the menu options at the bottom of the screen for entering the BIOS or boot menu). I have also tried the OcQuirks-4.efi and corresponding FwRuntimeServices.efi file and these too produce a hung machine.

Any thoughts as to why I might be failing where so many others have had great success?

Back