Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Would it be possible to flash it without removing motherboard from case (NZXT H500)?
I know I'm lazy :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_9452.jpg
    IMG_9452.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_9453.jpg
    IMG_9453.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 124
If you have a different motherboard with a built-in Thunderbolt controller, or if you have an add-in-card such as GC-Alpine Ridge or GC-Titan Ridge or Asus Thunderbolt EX3 or ASRock Thunderbolt AIC, it will have a different CONFIG section compared to the Designare Z390.
  • But every GC-Alpine Ridge will have the same CONFIG section (different from all other makes/models).
  • And every GC-Titan Ridge will have the same CONFIG section (different from all other makes/models).
  • So one person can modify the CONFIG section and then everyone can add their own UID section on top of it.

This good to know! I see where we're headed.

• Designare Z390 owners with activated Thunderbolt Bus.
  • If System Information --> Thunderbolt says No drivers are loaded, then this does not apply to you.

And how do I activate my Thunderbolt Bus? I tried to follow the TB thread, but clearly lost track.

Would it be possible to flash it without removing motherboard from case (NZXT H500)?
I know I'm lazy :lol:
Unfortunately the NZXT case is covering 2 of the 8 pins. So no more Mr. Lazy! :)

And how do I activate my Thunderbolt Bus? I tried to follow the TB thread, but clearly lost track.
At the top of Post #1 you will find the following. Start by fully reading the 3 highlighted sections. If you have any questions after that, just ask.

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 10.51.33 AM.png

Do I need to flash? That would be a major PITA.
Oh yes it is a PITA. I won't sugar coat this. But damn it's so thoroughly satisfying at the end... :)

Read all the disclaimers in those highlighted posts.

Unfortunately the NZXT case is covering 2 of the 8 pins. So no more Mr. Lazy! :)
So it's not possbile at all to do a software flash like BIOS? What if Gigabyte wants to update it?

Back