- Oct 8, 2011
- Gigabyte Z390 Designare
- i7 8700
- RX580 Nitro+
- Mobile Phone
Thanks for the quick reply, @CaseySJHello @bugsyraz,
I'd like to see if Process of Elimination can help to isolate the cause. Some questions:
- If the projector is not connected at all, does the system work reliably time and time again with only the two 4K monitors connected?
- Please remind me again:
- Are the 4K monitors connected to RX 580?
- If so, are both of them connected via DisplayPort?
- Is the projector being used via on-board HDMI instead of RX 580's HDMI port?
- Are the random freezes occurring (a) with projector connected or (b) if projector has been connected and subsequently disconnected?
- Does the system freeze if projector is never connected?
I'll keep the projector disconnected and closely observe how the system behaves.
The 4K monitors are indeed connected to the RX580 through DisplayPort.
The projector is also connected to the RX580 through HDMI.
I'm not using the iGPU at all since I'm using the iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS.
The random freezes did happen with the projector connected. As for (b), I'll have to watch how the system behaves and report back.
I have another observation to make though. When the projector is connected and I boot, the Clover shows up full screen on both 4K monitors.
When it's not connected and I boot, Clover shows up smaller in the center of the screen with black borders up/down and left/right. It's like clover scales up when projector is connected and it doesn't scale at all when it's not.I hope this means something.
Thanks so much!