Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Normally clover boots automaticly. Now I have to select the drive with the mouse.

And I dont think the slow shut down will go away. Should be fast now when using NVME? Or am I Wrong?

Thanks for the help Casey. Really Dont know how you can stll stay positive with people like me... ;)

In clover configurator I tried this:
- Default boot volume: Last booted volume ( isnt any other I can select)
- Legacy boot volume

Time out is on 5 sec....Dont get any time out or count down.

I Changed time out to 0. The same as before. Need to activate the volume/ssd with the mouse.
Have you tried just typing in your disk name?
Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 3.09.57 PM.png

Motherboard
Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Ha ha! Yes, I did this after reading some other threads. It doesn't work. I loaded up EFI. I went to my config Plist on my loaded EFI and changed the name to the current SSD disk name. It didn't work. Weird.

Guess I know what's the problem. I have to show all devices. Wow! That's some stupidness from me again. And that's why I said, "How can you still stay possitive with people like me." I will try again.

Nope Doenst work. I discoverd that this doenst make a difference. This also shows I dont know what the F.....Im Doing. But Hey. Learning curve. But I dont know why, If im changing EFI in clover. This doesnt reflect what is seen in boot.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960x
Graphics
Vega 56
Hello!

I've been having this issue where after my POST screen, I just get a black screen but not the monitor off black screen if that makes sense. I have to hard reset and then it usually goes into clover. Sometimes takes up to 3 times to get clover - but only happens once or twice a week. I've reset nvram (F11) in clover and have done other normal clover and macO updates but it keeps happening - been a few months now.

Would appreciate any advice even though it's not for a Z390 build!

Thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just confirmed a theory of mine trying to get DRM to work on OSX. I have the Z390 Designare, MSI Vega 64 Liquid Cooled, and Intel i9 9900KS.

My Safari DRM worked flawlessly following the guide (I didn't use Multibeast, just good ole' vanilla). After I updated Mojave using Security Update 2020-001 for 10.14.6 + Safari 13.0.5, my DRM content stopped working. I couldn't get it working no matter what bitmask, Shiki settings, resetting DRM, nothing!

I simply re-installed because my USB installer installs the version right before those 2 updates, and voila! All my Safari DRM, Apple DRM, iTunes DRM works perfectly with my Vega 64.

Just a heads up to people with the Vega 64. I know a lot of people's Vega doesn't work with DRM.

My SMBIOS: iMac 19,1
CPU: Intel i9 9900KS
GPU: MSI Vega 64 Wave (Liquid Cooled)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Designare (F9b)

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Vision D
CPU
i7k
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can someone recommend a PCI Thunderbolt card for this build for additional Thunderbolt ports? Thanks.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can someone recommend a PCI Thunderbolt card for this build for additional Thunderbolt ports? Thanks.
Please note that Thunderbolt is daisy-chainable up to 6 devices per port. This does depend on connected devices having a daisy-chain port.

Have you already maxed out the two existing ports?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
RX580 Nitro+
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks @CaseySJ for being so active and helpful! I can't appreciate this enough.

My system has been running smoothly except sometimes when starting it up with a projector connected, one screen is black and only works if I turn it off and on. We've talked about this in a previous post. Then also DRM content won't work with a projector connected but will work with two 4k monitors.

After a while of use, I started getting random system freezes. Last night it froze completely while cursor is still moveable and sound still playing but I couldn't do anything else. Keyboard didn't work, mouse clicks didn't do anything. Had to hard restart, then the freeze happened a second time.

Today I've had a similar freeze with the loading icon spinning, behavior was the same as previous freezez BUT it came back to its senses after 20-30 seconds.

I wonder what could be causing this.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks @CaseySJ for being so active and helpful! I can't appreciate this enough.

My system has been running smoothly except sometimes when starting it up with a projector connected, one screen is black and only works if I turn it off and on. We've talked about this in a previous post. Then also DRM content won't work with a projector connected but will work with two 4k monitors.

After a while of use, I started getting random system freezes. Last night it froze completely while cursor is still moveable and sound still playing but I couldn't do anything else. Keyboard didn't work, mouse clicks didn't do anything. Had to hard restart, then the freeze happened a second time.

Today I've had a similar freeze with the loading icon spinning, behavior was the same as previous freezez BUT it came back to its senses after 20-30 seconds.

I wonder what could be causing this.
Hello @bugsyraz,

I'd like to see if Process of Elimination can help to isolate the cause. Some questions:
  • If the projector is not connected at all, does the system work reliably time and time again with only the two 4K monitors connected?
  • Please remind me again:
    • Are the 4K monitors connected to RX 580?
    • If so, are both of them connected via DisplayPort?
    • Is the projector being used via on-board HDMI instead of RX 580's HDMI port?
  • Are the random freezes occurring (a) with projector connected or (b) if projector has been connected and subsequently disconnected?
  • Does the system freeze if projector is never connected?