Gigabyte Z370 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
There are lots of WiFiManager logs.
  • Have you tried removing the WiFi card temporarily?
  • Alternatively, have you tried turning WiFi off from the menu bar and rebooting?

hey @CaseySJ - I don’t have a WiFi card installed? I do see Bluetooth PAN in there cause I have a small USB BT dongle.

do you mean removing the Intel chip from the board? I’m not using it and have the DSDT that removes it loaded.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
** GC-Titan Ridge with Patched Firmware in Asus X99 Deluxe II Hackintosh **
It Works!

QUICK UPDATE:
  • Managed to flash my GC-Titan Ridge with the DSM2 firmware last night.
  • Used a Reveltronics Revelprog IS under Windows to flash the "blue dot" Winbond chip (the "green dot" chip contains Texas Instruments flasher firmware).
  • Tried installing the modified GC-Titan Ridge into the Designare Z390, but it is not recognized.
    • This might be due to the fact that there's already a Titan Ridge controller on-board.
    • It might also be necessary to switch to MacPro7,1 because that sysdef supports multiple Titan Ridge controllers.
  • The plan now is to install it into the Asus X99 Deluxe II system (described in my signature below).
The modified GC-Titan Ridge has been installed in my Asus X99 Deluxe II (Thunderbolt header cable also attached) along with a modified Thunderbolt SSDT (attached). The attached SSDT is only for the Asus X99 Deluxe II.

Result (emotional version):
  • OMG it works!!
Result (sober version):
  • Only Thunderbolt port 1 is functional.
  • Hot plug is functional.
  • Thunderbolt Bus is functional.
  • Thunderbolt Local Node is functional.
  • System is fully stable.
  • Update: Thunderbolt devices need to be hot-plugged to be recognized. Will check without inserting the Thunderbolt header and using a jumper to tie pins 3 and 5. Should have an answer on Mar 1 or Mar 2.
Credits:
  • Thanks to @manfriday for informing us of this firmware.
  • Firmware was modified by German user "dsm2.Hackintosh" and publicly released on MacRumors (and elsewhere).

Other World Computing (OWC) 14-Port Thunderbolt 3 Dock.

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 9.44.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 9.50.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-29 at 9.50.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 9.59.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-29 at 9.59.53 AM.png

PowerColor Gaming Station X eGPU with an AMD RX 580 inside. Everything works.

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 11.53.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 11.54.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-29 at 11.54.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-29 at 11.54.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-29 at 12.06.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-29 at 12.06.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 11.54.46 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3.aml
    1.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Motherboard
AsRock Z490 ITX/TB3
CPU
i7 107000K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Good to hear about the GC-Titan Ridge AIC. Would you mind testing without the TB header cable attached as I have the GC-TR card but not the header on my motherboard. Without the header I can’t change the security mode to legacy so I’m not sure if I’ll ever be able to get it to work.Thanks very much!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Looks like that did the trick!

This was actually quite similar to the bug we found some time back where disks would be incorrectly matched due to not being properly terminated.
In your particular case the issue arose because your source volume disk has the number "1". Your system has 10 disks (after virtual disks are counted) and in one particular scenario we were trying to look for something called "disk1". Due to not properly terminating this string with a space at the end, the script would match the actual "disk1" as well as "disk10". This would then lead to the behavior you initially saw.
I have since fixed this issue in my repository and the script should now work properly for you.

@CaseySJ this is important for you as well since we now have to issue EFIClone-v5.sh.
This also goes to show that my argument about never shipping EFIClone with TEST_SWITCH="N" by default has some leverage so I'd recommend we leave it enabled by default.

@edunon I would recommend you wait for Casey to update the script in the actual backup mini-guide and then try that version on your system again. If it works fine with the test switch activated and actual file synchronization output looks reasonable, you should be good to enable it for real.
@byteminer,

Thank you for handling this issue so promptly!

Using DeltaWalker to find differences between the original and modified files, I'd like to verify that this is the change:

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 10.32.51 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yup, that's it. You can also verify this by checking the latest commit in my repository as well.
Turns out it's always single-character fixes, heh.

In an attempt to prevent this kind of issue from cropping up in the future, I've double-checked all the other methods and they should be safe from this kind of thing. As far as I can tell this is the only part of the code that is affected by this kind of thing.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Looks like that did the trick!

This was actually quite similar to the bug we found some time back where disks would be incorrectly matched due to not being properly terminated.
In your particular case the issue arose because your source volume disk has the number "1". Your system has 10 disks (after virtual disks are counted) and in one particular scenario we were trying to look for something called "disk1". Due to not properly terminating this string with a space at the end, the script would match the actual "disk1" as well as "disk10". This would then lead to the behavior you initially saw.
I have since fixed this issue in my repository and the script should now work properly for you.

@CaseySJ this is important for you as well since we now have to issue EFIClone-v5.sh.
This also goes to show that my argument about never shipping EFIClone with TEST_SWITCH="N" by default has some leverage so I'd recommend we leave it enabled by default.

@edunon I would recommend you wait for Casey to update the script in the actual backup mini-guide and then try that version on your system again. If it works fine with the test switch activated and actual file synchronization output looks reasonable, you should be good to enable it for real.

Delighted to hear you found the bug @byteminer!
I'll wait for v5 to be published in the mini-guide. Thanks for your help!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Delighted to hear you found the bug @byteminer!
I'll wait for v5 to be published in the mini-guide. Thanks for your help!
Please test v5 attached here (TEST_SWITCH="Y").

Attachments

• EFIClone-v5.sh.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 49

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Good to hear about the GC-Titan Ridge AIC. Would you mind testing without the TB header cable attached as I have the GC-TR card but not the header on my motherboard. Without the header I can’t change the security mode to legacy so I’m not sure if I’ll ever be able to get it to work.Thanks very much!
Just performed the test without Thunderbolt header cable. Unfortunately, as suspected, Thunderbolt does not work because the header cable allows BIOS to turn on the Thunderbolt controller (i.e. to Force Power).

In the screenshot we can see that Thunderbolt is disabled, but the USB controller (XHC2) is active.

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 10.41.26 AM.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
AsRock Z490 ITX/TB3
CPU
i7 107000K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This pin mod (jump 3 to 5) has the same effect as Force Power (from the egpu.io forum). Where there’s a will there’s a way...
73D6B42E-E098-46A9-B757-C93AA4884BA1.jpeg

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This pin mod (jump 3 to 5) has the same effect as Force Power (from the egpu.io forum). Where there’s a will there’s a way...
View attachment 452357
Now I'm going to have to remove this card from the Asus X99 and move it to the Designare Z390 with jumper attached!

P.S. It's really spectacular to see this working so well.