1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cant see any attachments

BTW @CaseySJ I flashed the modified Osy's firmware (using CH341A) onto the TB controller on my Z390 ITx ASRock (cause why not :p). I took it from his GitHub (someone posted in the issues section). Ended up bricking the controller - Lost it in Windows and reinstalling the driver doesn't work in Windows - just like Osy said.
Got it back by re-flashing the the backup via CH341A - I had made a few backups - the checksum doesn't match on everyone of them (maybe the CH341A at fault ?) - so have to be careful.

Leaving it here for anyone out there thinking that this would work - it doesn't :)
Nice and not nice!! I have several questions about this experience...
  • Did it take many repeated attempts before you could read the ASRock Flash ROM?
  • Or could you read it successfully every time?
  • What is the ID printed on the chip?
    • Is it Macronix (MXIC) or Winbond?
    • What is the part number (printed on the chip)?
  • Did you use flashrom or the Windows CH341A Programmer GUI?

NorthAmTransAm

Motherboard
MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4
CPU
i7-12700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ha! LOL!

Been there, done that! The reason that (a) TbtForcePower and (b) ThunderboltReset are not needed is because the modified SSDT is actually performing both operations successfully every single time!
  • In BIOS we have disabled GPIO3 Force Power.
  • The SSDT uses the motherboard's Thunderbolt Power Gate registers to activate the Thunderbolt root port. This succeeds every time. This is done in the ICMB() method.
  • The SSDT also resets the Thunderbolt ICM (Intel Connection Manager) by writing a "1" to REG_FW_STS's ICM_EN_INVERT and ICM_EN_CPU bit fields. This is done in the ICMS() method.

Thank you! This can be enormously helpful.

Well...well....I'm gonna ride the pine on that one.

I will however try whatever draft you're on just to see if dumb luck is in my favor. I'll have to read back again because there were some name changes involved at one point if I remember correctly.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well...well....I'm gonna ride the pine on that one.

I will however try whatever draft you're on just to see if dumb luck is in my favor. I'll have to read back again because there were some name changes involved at one point if I remember correctly.
The SSDT we're working on is currently applicable only to built-in Thunderbolt controllers (Thunderbolt on PCH), hence the name SSDT-TbtOnPch.aml. Hopefully we can adapt it later on to Tbt on PEG (add-in-card).

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello @terry1958

Are you using iMacPro1,1 or iMac19,1?

Are you able to boot with IGPU enabled?
Hi CaseySJ,
Yes my stupid fault I forgot to enable the on board IGPU in the BIOS as I am using iMac19,1, stupid or what ?. Just a quick question while I have your attention, when Open Core is updated can you update the boot loader without reinstalling ?. Once again thanks for your help it is really appreciated.
Yours Terry.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Thanks for your response, Iam told Presonous Studio One DAW software uses the MAC address,

Some software developers use the MAC address from your main Ethernet port as part of the registration process, so if you change mobo you'll have to re register

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi CaseySJ,
Yes my stupid fault I forgot to enable the on board IGPU in the BIOS as I am using iMac19,1, stupid or what ?. Just a quick question while I have your attention, when Open Core is updated can you update the boot loader without reinstalling ?. Once again thanks for your help it is really appreciated.
Yours Terry.
Yes, when OpenCore is updated, we can just copy the new BOOTX64.efi and OpenCore.efi into the respective folders. But we may also need to modify config.plist if the new version changes a parameter name or introduces new parameters.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone experienced issues with legitimate software authorisations needing to be reauthorised after restarting the computer ?
Yes. I was struggling with an issue where Native Instruments plugins I legitimately own would need to be authorized every time I rebooted. After a long time of searching around online, I finally discovered that they were relying on the CPU's speed to do some kind of calculation for some reason, which isn't usually filled out by people in Clover.

I went in to Clover -> CPU -> and set my Frequency MHz to a value of '3700' (for 3.7ghz), rebooted, and reauthorized the software and the problem has finally went away. Seems kind of an odd parameter to use. I've talked to Waves who and a few other companies who have told me they use the ethernet hardware ID's. Native Instruments is the only one I've ever had a problem with. I was glad to have finally found a fix, and it was cool of them to actually give one/support the Hackintosh community.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Intel > Need version # > See Rules!
@CaseySJ , what SMBIOS are we using with Catalina? I just updated to Catalina and wanted to check in again. I am running iMac 19,1 supposedly with iGPU enabled, but I am not entirely certain how to test this. I am still using clover as this OpenCore business cropped up pretty soon.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390 Thunderbolt 3
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Hello every one i've got a Pb with my RX 5700 XT hdmi are ok but Display = no signal on catalina but ok in Bios setup

i have disable whatevergreen in boot

can you help me please ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
@CaseySJ , what SMBIOS are we using with Catalina? I just updated to Catalina and wanted to check in again. I am running iMac 19,1 supposedly with iGPU enabled, but I am not entirely certain how to test this. I am still using clover as this OpenCore business cropped up pretty soon.

Also, I am very impressed with shikigva=80, all DRM in safari is perfect with my iMac 19,1