1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for all test results !

I note that when GPIO3 Force Power is disabled, all device is OFF. The SSDT draft 7 can't powerup it ... because I have a little mistake on ICMB method, we shall remove the following lines , nothing to return in this case and power up is not done :
If ((Local2 == 0xFFFFFFFF))
{
Return (0x02)
}

I have tested it on my Asus Zenbook, found same result and is OK when I delete theses lines.
For the Maximus Z270, there is no problem because partial device (XHC2) is always ON (confirmed on Windows10).

For the differences between all 3 last draft, you can see but I don't think is about last modifications.

I think that all tests without GPIO3 Force Power OFF is required because my Zenbook laptop and Maximus Z270 (last BIOS) haven't this feature on BIOS... and work WITH all Thunderbolt tree and WITHOUT any Thunderbolt firmware modification. Even with the simplified version which include only full method MMBA to WTDL (no PS3, no PS0, no PCED...).

Thanks for you availability :clap: !
@Elias64Fr

I have nearly infinite patience for this kind of work! :)

I'll be happy to remove the lines indicated below and re-test with Draft07 later this evening. Will first test with GPIO3 Force Power turned off, then again with it turned on.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 7.49.32 AM.png

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi augustopaulo and thanks for you interest ! You have inspired and motived me with one of your post on another website last summer ;)

For your motherboard Z390 Aorus Xtreme, which device-id have you on UPSB and NHI0 ? If Alpine Ridge I can send you SSDT file to test on your configuration (Near to mine with RP01) !
Unfortunately the Z390 AORUS Xtreme has the same Titan Ridge as Designare Z390! :)

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I was experiencing freezes with my z390 Designare but somehow was able to solve them with a different shikigva value (16). Doesn't seem to be working for a lot of people, but there must be something enabled/disabled?

posting my EFI (without sn) so maybe someone can solve the mistery.

My systems is using:

19.1 smbios
latest versions of WEG
Clover 5103 with installed RC scripts
compiled latest (at the time) versions of virtualSMC
ocquirks4 and fw runtime
8x16gb ddr4 3000, running at 3000 XMP profile1
radeon vii, igpu enabled headless mode
Bios CSM disabled

Good luck all,
m
Although I haven't looked inside the EFI.zip, I hope you removed your serial numbers from SMBIOS section of config.plist.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sure thing, attached and thanks Casey. Shall I go ahead and remove the serial numbers?
Please try the attached file:
  • It requires Lilu and WhateverGreen.
  • Platform ID 0x3E980003 (headless) has been added to in Devices --> Properties.
  • Internal Audio has been added to Devices --> Properties as well, with Layout ID 11.

Attachments

• config-chevron.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 67
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Thank you Casey, I added that back to the EFI Folder. I can see some information now in the System Infromation/PCI.

I also removed both the System Serial Number, and Board Serial Number from SMBIOS.

Logic Pro is still crashing before getting to any kind of startup window. With the attached Crash Log

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 17.28.25.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 17.28.25.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 71
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Logic Pro is still crashing before getting to any kind of startup window. With the attached Crash Log
Interestingly enough, I often see the same HITToolbox and CoreFoundation issues, but with Ableton. Same exception message and SEGFault.

I have had very frequent crashes in Ableton on my last Hackintosh build, and I was hoping would be resolve with this, but unfortunately I still get them fairly frequently and I'm not sure why. This is a radically different build and newer OS than I was using before when I experienced these issues, and considering they are happening here on a completely clean install/new build - I'm guessing it's perhaps something related to a setting/bootloader/something that the Hackintosh is doing differently from a legit Mac.

I don't have constant crashes, but it often happens when saving a project file. I'm thinking it likely is related some some plugin that doesn't play nice; just not sure which.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you Casey, I added that back to the EFI Folder. I can see some information now in the System Infromation/PCI.

I also removed both the System Serial Number, and Board Serial Number from SMBIOS.

Oh, we should only remove serial numbers when we are posting config.plist to this or any other website so that no one "steals" your serial numbers. But serial numbers must be present is the working version of config.plist.

Based on the following post earlier today...
I have installed a bunch yeh after it was working, I hadn't launched it for a week or so. Then today I tried and not working - I did try removing all the plug ins from the Components folder and trashing Logic prefs, restarting but no success.
...it seems Logic Pro was working when it was initially installed (before any plugins were installed)?

The Big Question:
  • Did you make a full bootable backup right after installing macOS and/or before installing the Plugins?
  • If so, don't modify that backup disk in any way. Instead, clone it to a cheap spare SSD and boot from that spare SSD. Install only Logic Pro and check if it's stable. If so, install only one plugin at a time and check whether Logic Pro starts up normally.
If you don't have a backup of the system prior to installation of Logic Pro or the plugins, then it might be a good idea to quickly perform a fresh installation of macOS on a spare low-cost SSD. Then install only Logic Pro by itself to check whether it starts up normally.

This might seem like a brute force method, but it may lead to some answers more quickly than other methods. Feel free to ask for help at any stage of this.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Oh, we should only remove serial numbers when we are posting config.plist to this or any other website so that no one "steals" your serial numbers. But serial numbers must be present is the working version of config.plist.

Based on the following post earlier today...

...it seems Logic Pro was working when it was initially installed (before any plugins were installed)?

The Big Question:
  • Did you make a full bootable backup right after installing macOS and/or before installing the Plugins?
  • If so, don't modify that backup disk in any way. Instead, clone it to a cheap spare SSD and boot from that spare SSD. Install only Logic Pro and check if it's stable. If so, install only one plugin at a time and check whether Logic Pro starts up normally.
If you don't have a backup of the system prior to installation of Logic Pro or the plugins, then it might be a good idea to quickly perform a fresh installation of macOS on a spare low-cost SSD. Then install only Logic Pro by itself to check whether it starts up normally.

This might seem like a brute force method, but it may lead to some answers more quickly than other methods. Feel free to ask for help at any stage of this.

Ah thank you, no worries. I made a note of the Serials and I assume I can re-enter the same Serial nos?

Yes Logic was working, it was actually the first app I installed to run a benchmark project before any 3rd party plug ins (which worked with flying colours!). I have also tried removing all the Audiounit plug ins from the components folder, but still get hard crashes.

I do have a full bootable backup, made before I discovered Logic wasn't working but after I have installed a bunch of plug ins. My logic was to make a bootable back up after I had installed the plethora of plug ins I use - lessoned learned!

Still, I will give that a go and also try a fresh installation and see how I get on and report back - thank you :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi augustopaulo and thanks for you interest ! You have inspired and motived me with one of your post on another website last summer ;)

For your motherboard Z390 Aorus Xtreme, which device-id have you on UPSB and NHI0 ? If Alpine Ridge I can send you SSDT file to test on your configuration (Near to mine with RP01) !
Hi Elias64Fr,

Thanks for kind words ;-)

I believe it's a Titan Ridge.

On my system, hackintool shows the following:
Captura de ecrã 2020-01-22, às 17.24.04.png

Also, I've attached my original ACPI files, capture with Clover at boot with F4.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    87.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited: