- Nov 11, 2018
- Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
- RX 580
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
I do not have windows on this computerThis is very strange -- I really don't have an answer for you, but how about this:
- Do the mice work under either Windows or Linux (on the Designare Z390)?
- If they fail in Windows and/or Linux, then you can contact Gigabyte Tech Support or the store where you purchased the motherboard because it might be defective.
It's very easy to install Linux even on a USB flash disk and boot from it. This will tell us whether the motherboard is defective.I do not have windows on this computer
Hello @jaminutzCaseySJ, THANK YOU for this incredible guide. I was able to get my aging Hackintosh build upgraded to Catalina without issue and I am thrilled to be on a fresh install of the latest OSX release. With this guide, I was able to get a 100% functional build up and running in just a couple of hours. My singular issue is my BT Keyboard. Bluetooth is fully functional with anything I connect, except for a BT Keyboard. The keyboard cannot maintain a stable connection. I'm using the Matias Wireless Aluminum keyboard and Magic Trackpad 2. The trackpad has no issues. After trying various USB BT adapters, I installed the Fenvi FV-HB1200 in the hopes that a direct connection to the motherboard would do the trick but the issues persist. Everything works, just not the keyboard. If I connect the keyboard to my iMac or MacBook Pro, it performs like a champ, so I'm at a loss here. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Hello @m.figuerasHi @CaseySJ,
I left an update on my system issues an hour ago but now I can't see it, seems to have vanished hope I didn't break any forum rules.
Any way, a shorter version, after some trial&error I was able to solve my total system freezes on Catalina using shikigva=16 (parameter present on WEG manual at GitHub), and no other WEG boot flags.
Hope it helps, thank you again for your help,
Let's first assume it's a signal attenuation issue. The motherboard comes with a two-port outboard antenna. I believe the Fenvi FV-HB1200 also has 2 antenna ports. Therefore:
You can also try resetting the Bluetooth module as follows:
- Disconnect the fixed antennas on the Fenvi.
- Connect the Designare Z390 outboard antenna to the Fenvi.
- Now move the antenna around (closer to the keyboard) to see if it works reliably.
- Hold down SHIFT and OPTION keys, then click the Bluetooth icon on the Menu Bar.
- You will see a Debug option.
- The first sub-option under that will be Reset the Bluetooth module.
- Select it.
- Try the keyboard again.
Have you tried bringing the keyboard closer to the antennas on the Fenvi? If that helps, you can try this outboard antenna:Thanks for the quick reply. I am not using the Designare Z390, I'm running a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H. So, swapping antennas is not an option for me. I should have clarified my build components in my initial post. Resetting bluetooth module does not resolve the issue.