Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hey, everyone! I think I saw this question. However I am not sure if it was answered. When booting Clover, I’m getting a lower resolution causing my Clover Boot screen to look massive. I tried going in and adjusting GUI in config to 3840x2160 but no change occurred. Is there another way to get it to boot at proper resolution?

*** Carbon Copy Cloner Mini-Guides for Mojave and Catalina Have Been Updated ***

Thanks to @byteminer and @EliM, a serious problem in EFIClone script has been found and fixed. All users are encouraged to updated to EFIClone-v4 that is provided in the two mini-guides below.

Procedure:
  • Download EFIClone-v4.sh.zip from one of the mini-guides linked below, or from the bottom of this post.
  • Note that this script has TEST_SWITCH set to Y, which means no files will actually be copied. Please read the paragraph at the top of the Mojave or Catalina mini-guide (links below) for further instructions.
  • Run Carbon Copy Cloner and select Utilities --> Reveal CCC's Scripts folder.
  • Drag and drop EFIClone-v4.sh into that folder and authenticate when requested by entering your macOS password.
  • From Carbon Copy Cloner, select Utilities --> Secure CCC's Scripts folder.
  • At the bottom of the Carbon Copy Cloner main window you will see a section called AFTER COPYING FILES. It will be in the ADVANCED SETTINGS section.
  • Here you will see Run a Shell Script: EFIClone-v3.sh
  • Click the X next to it to delete EFIClone-v3.sh.
  • A file icon will appear in place of the X. Select the file icon.
  • Choose EFIClone-v4.sh
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 5.57.05 PM_resize.png

Links to Mini-Guides:

Attachments

• EFIClone-v4.sh.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
OpenCore Configurator:mrgreen::mrgreen: I TRIED IT IT WORKS

Attachments

• OpenCore Configurator.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 174
Hello again @CaseySJ! Wish you an excellent 2020! Hope you're well!

I recently updated my BIOS to F9b and also adopted OcQuirks-4.plist in conjunction with OcQuirks-4.efi and FwRuntimeServices.efi in order to replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. So far everything has been working great except for too small but kind of annoying issues:

1. When performing the BIOS update, I forgot to save my CPU settings for Overclock. I thought I´d pretty much remember all the numbers, so I dialed what I remembered back in for FREQ and VCORE voltage after the update. Now, my CPU is no longer able to reach 5Ghz anymore. I don't care too much about OC. Have you or anyone experienced something similar? The system is performing well. It just feels kinda lazy when pushed and freezes if I dial 5Ghz on FREQ and run a benchmark in OSX.

2. After the BIOS update, I'm getting an ACPI error as shown in the image below:

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 01.37.25.png

For what I can read, it says something like:

Code:
No arguments are initialized for method [_STA]

ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\TZ.TZ10._STA] (Mode ffffff"somerandomnumber"), SOMETHING_SOMETHING_INITIALIZED_LOCAL ("somenumber"/parse-632)
ACPI Error: Method execution failed [\TZ.TZ10._STA] (Mode ffffff"somerandomnumber"), SOMETHING_SOMETHING_INITIALIZED_LOCAL ("somenumber"/parse-632)

Do you have any idea what this might be referencing to? Perhaps SATA implementation?

I'm also uploading my IOreg file in case that might be useful and a screenshot of my EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 01.25.06.png

Hope you had a great holiday season,

Cheers!

Attachments

• iMac_nifranza.ioreg
    9.1 MB · Views: 102
Yep, I just did it as well. No luck.

OK! I emulated NVRAM to work with OC.
I rebuilt my config.plist from scratch after reading the config manual found at the github repository.
I think the culprit was ACPI->Quirks->DisableVariableWrite
That needs to be set to NO.

Attachments

• config.plist
    16.6 KB · Views: 105
@CaseySJ Thanks for a great guide. Everything seems to be working great.

Quick question - does anyone else's machine wake up and do stuff while asleep? I have Wake for network access and Power nap both disabled, Time machine isn't set to do automatic backups. It will wake up for maybe 20-30 seconds and then go back to sleep. Display doesn't come on.

I have Darkwake=0 in boot args.

Guys, do you have any experience with these internal USB splitter headers? I bought two of them from eBay for my two systems with Designares. Designare has only one USB header that is connected with Kraken X62. Now I'm waiting my 2x Fenvi T919, and they need additional USB header to work properly. I'm afraid if these 2x splitter may harm my motherboards. Also, they are made in China that's mostly I'm asking if anyone has experience with those.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 73
Hello @MACAK,

I'm not sure I understand the question...
  • You can always install Mojave from scratch on a new disk or an existing disk, login to the Mac App Store, then perform an in-place upgrade to Catalina.
  • My experience with in-place upgrade is posted here.
Hey CaseySJ,

Just wondering what the EFIClone Script is used for in CCC. I have been creating CCC backups of my system and they have seemed to work previously when I have had to do a restore. I currently do not use any scripts.

Back