Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@WhosMac

That's more like it.

Regarding shikigva, my recommendation is to start with the values in the Catalina Mini-Guide, namely:
Code:
shikigva=32
shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94
Then see whether the DRM content you want to view is viewable. Also try WhateverGreen 1.3.6.

And have a look at this chart:

What DRM content should I be seeing if I have issues with? I will mention I am using iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS and I've always had access to AppleTV content, don't know if there is others I should try?

Also the update to WEG 1.3.6 seems to be what fixed the idle reboot and I finally can use dual DisplayPort monitors again! lol

Appreciate the link to the chart will look that over now, may I ask what the 2 shiki values are for that you mentioned from the mini guide. I don't see those on the chart what do they do for the system?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Also @CaseySJ had a question, or more I should say a weird occurrence and how can I check it?

So I have a Plex server on the build, and Plex allows for hardware acceleration for encoding using intel quicksync from the newer intel processors, however to my knowledge I assume I don't have IGPU enabled because its not registered anywhere in the system. However when I turned the feature on I noticed I was getting the tag on the encodings that it was using hardware acceleration for the encoding process. Is there a way to test whether I have hardware acceleration or was it possibly using the GPU somehow? the Plex support page mentions

"The following are required in general for Hardware-Accelerated Streaming, regardless of your operating system:

• A recent Intel CPU meeting these requirements:
    • 2nd-generation Intel Core (Sandy Bridge, 2011) or newer (we recommend 5th-gen Broadwell or newer for the best experience; Sandy Bridge, in particular, is known to sometimes have poor visual output on some systems)
    • Supports Intel Quick Sync Video (Not sure? Look up your processor)
  • Plex Media Server 1.9.3 or later
  • An active Plex Pass subscription"
So I don't know how it could have been the GPU

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
Intel i7-9700K
Graphics
Nitro+ RX580
For those of you that have your home folder on a separate drive from your OS, what are your backup/restore steps? I have a third drive I would like to carbon copy clone and make it a bootable backup but I'm not sure exactly how it works with two separate drives housing my data. Or, do I only clone the system drive (EFI folder included) and not backup my home folder drive? How do you all handle this?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68-UD3H
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 6850
I just tried your OpenCore mini guide, and I can't believe how easy that was. is it really just the serial numbers and everything works? no more kexts etc? man this is great if so.

I just realized the kexts are installed... is it the same method to upgrade? just replace kext and reboot?

The first thing I did was test NVRAM

sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld
reboot
sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar'
no output

What do I need to look at here? I'm trying to go through this thread but haven't come across any suggestions yet.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
This is great! We are now one step closer to unraveling this mystery. It looks like there is a diskutil command somewhere in there which is messing things up as it is receiving malformed input data from somewhere earlier in the script.
This goes hand in hand with the output it generates: disk1s1
Given the string "disk1", the script will gather all disks that start with a "1" (before the "s" part that denotes the partition) and contain an EFI partition, which in your case are disk1s1 disk13s2 and disk14s1, matching up with your original results.

We now have to figure out where exactly the script starts going wrong. To this extent I have attached a slightly modified version of the EFIClone-v3 script that adds additional debug output. I have also completely removed the actual file synchronization part so it's completely safe to run as it has no way of messing with the filesystem anymore.
If you could run this script the same way as before using the Terminal and supply both, the terminal output as well as the newly generated log file, that would be much appreciated :)
OK, here's the terminal output and the log file.

Attachments

• modified eficlone-v3.rtf.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 33
  • EFIClone.log.zip
    753 bytes · Views: 49
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm running CLover r4961 and am looking to get current (5103) and know there have been some changes I need to be aware of before updating. I've looked thru the threads on this post but was wondering of there was any guide somewhere
I may have missed for this update as I know things have moved around since r4961. I'm also aware that should replace replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with OcQuirks-4 and FwRuntimeServices. Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks in Advance.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Geekbench 4 stats for my build., I have full functionality of the Fractal Designs R6 case, full Ethernet, and full hot swap on UAD Apollo's TB2 - TB3. I don't use sleep but it works. I did not follow this guide to the letter but I used many references from it. I would describe mine as a pure-ish Vanilla build. Thanks to all for the help and advice.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 03.11.41.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 03.11.41.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 59
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Is anyone still fiddling around with OpenCore?
I'm probably late to the party, but since my Hackintosh was running great for a long time, I decided I owed it to myself to ruin everything by playing around with a new boot-loader.

I'm using a z390 Ultra. I got most things working, but the emulated NVRAM doesn't seem to be doing its thing.
When I run the LogonHook.command from a terminal I get:

nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0080': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootOrder': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootCurrent': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootNext': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0081': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0082': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0083': (iokit/common) data was not found
File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: ./nvram.plist
Volume EFI on 105A7812-C962-4546-BF99-39140A14C593 mounted
Volume EFI on disk0s1 unmounted

It DOES seem to write the variables to the nvram.plist file, but it that file never seems to be read.
Anyone have any ideas?

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Reboot, and, when you get to the clover screen, hit any key to stop the automatic booting. If you're booting from your USB stick, there will be an entry something like "boot macOS installer from (name of USB stick)". There may be another entry something like "boot macOS installer from (name of your Catalina drive". If so, that means only phase 1 of the install completed, and choosing that option will continue the install process. At the next reboot, try choosing your Catalina drive.
I kept plodding along and eventually got into a successful Catalina install. These Geekbench scores don't look very good compared to what I see above. (Geekbench 5 scores are not comparable to those obtained from Geekbench 4)

Current known issues:
Samsung T5 USB-C external drive not working through USB-C ports on the Designare.
RME UFX usb audio interface not being recognized by its software (TotalMix)...could be issue with RME software.

Attachments

• Messages Image(1164604649).png
    Messages Image(1164604649).png
    340.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Messages Image(1468887837).png
    Messages Image(1468887837).png
    306.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Geek bench 4 stats for my build, I have full functionality of the Fractal Designs R6 case, full ethernet, full hot swap on UAD Apollo's TB2 - TB3, I don't use sleep but it works, I did not follow this guide to the letter but I used many references from it, I would describe mine as a pure-ish Vanilla build. Thanks to all for the help and advice.

Hi,

Can you re-test with Geekbench 5.1 ?

Also, have you done any overclocking ?