Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

sometimes it happens when I pass files from one disk to another in large quantities, but when I reconnect it and re-pass the files it does not disconnect ...
other times leaving the computer idle and when I return I find that it has been ejected and reconnected ... what I mean is that it does it randomly ... I don't know what it could be ...

I send you the IORegistryEntry again with all the USB connected.
This one shows 1 Seagate and 2 Western Digital drives connected to the Blue USB ports (SS07). Are these drives powered by the USB cable or do they have their own power connector?

New WEG and LILU enables ATv :headbang::headbang::headbang: sweet.ATv now works like charm
Are you using SMBIOS iMac19,1?
Are you using any shikigva or shiki-id parameters in Boot Arguments?

using both shikigva or shiki-id would not let me watch anything on ATv even with shikigva=32 but since I updated to new WEB it works like a charm with those 2 boot args :clap:

Some suggestions:
  • I know you've re-flashed the BIOS, but try shutting down and flipping power switch on PSU for 10 seconds. Then flip it back and reboot.
    • Does M.2 appear in Clover Boot Menu now?
    • Does M.2 appear in Disk Utility after booting from USB Install disk?
  • Do you have Windows installed on this system?
    • If so, check whether it appears as a drive in Windows --> Manage --> Disk Management.
  • If you have an external USB enclosure for PCIe M.2 (such as this one), you can mount the NVMe SSD into the external enclosure and connect it to any other Windows or Mac to determine if the drive is recognized and format-able.

Just to follow up. I went ahead and removed the "Missing" hard drive and inserted it in a windows laptop. I ran a diagnostic on the laptop and it stated that the hard drive was not inserted. At this point, I just chalked it up to the driving failing. I did try it in my hack one more time just out of curiosity and again it was seen in the bios but showed it having 0.0GB and would still not show as a boot option, Disk Utility, nor in clover shell when typing the "map" command. I ended up replacing the drive with a new one. So I think its safe to say that if your drive shows in the bios but is not recognized anywhere else the drive is bad, in my case anyway.

The attached photos show the bios seeing that a drive is inserted in the m.2 slot. But, no dice elsewhere.

Attachments

• 20200111_001002.jpg
    20200111_001002.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 53
  • 20200111_000109.jpg
    20200111_000109.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
  • 20200111_001339.jpg
    20200111_001339.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 79
Just to follow up. I went ahead and removed the "Missing" hard drive and inserted it in a windows laptop. I ran a diagnostic on the laptop and it stated that the hard drive was not inserted. At this point, I just chalked it up to the driving failing. I did try it in my hack one more time just out of curiosity and again it was seen in the bios but showed it having 0.0GB and would still not show as a boot option, Disk Utility, nor in clover shell when typing the "map" command. I ended up replacing the drive with a new one. So I think its safe to say that if your drive shows in the bios but is not recognized anywhere else the drive is bad, in my case anyway.

The attached photos show the bios seeing that a drive is inserted in the m.2 slot. But, no dice elsewhere.
Because BIOS shows that the total size is 0.0 GB, that tells us the drive is bad.

Last edited:
  • What is the make/model of the monitor?
  • Are you using straight HDMI to HDMI (no converters or adapters)?
Dell U2718Q
UGreen HDMI 2.0 4K (HDMI to HDMI)

Back