Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

NVRAM: I believe I had NVRAM on OC5.3. I will go back there to verify.

Booting: OC always takes "his" first entry, which is Windows and boots from there.
I see -- you have Windows as the 1st item. If anyone with OpenCore knows how to change the default boot volume, please let us know.
With OC Mini Guide, do you mean: OpenCore 0.5.4 (pre-release) Experimental Setup for Designare Z390 or is there something I missed?
Yes.

This might happen if there are a large number of USB devices connected (including USB hubs). A good place to start is to run IORegistryExplorer, select File --> Save As..., then post that file.
I send you.

Attachments

• Yapi’s iMac.ioreg
    6.8 MB · Views: 88
I see -- you have Windows as the 1st item. If anyone with OpenCore knows how to change the default boot volume, please let us know.

Yes.
Even if not Windows as first, Catalina 2, which is my experimental disk, is on place 5.

i send you¡¡..
The USB device list looks okay. You do not have many USB devices connected at this time. Have you noticed any patterns to the USB lockups, such as:
  • Do USB ports lock up when running a certain application?
  • Do USB ports lock up when doing nothing at all (computer is idle)?
  • Do USB ports lock up when playing video or performing some other A/V task?
  • Any repeatable pattern?
Have you also tried the process of elimination, as follows:
  • Disconnect all USB devices except keyboard and mouse.
  • Do the USB ports lock up?
  • If not, then connect one additional USB device and test the system.
  • If not, then connect one more USB device and test the system.
  • Repeat the process until USB ports lock up.

Yes. Native USB and All Power management patched in DSDT. I tested config.plist nothing changed. After finished verbose signal loss.
Can you temporarily remove those 3 SSDT/DSDT files and reboot the system?

The USB device list looks okay. You do not have many USB devices connected at this time. Have you noticed any patterns to the USB lockups, such as:
  • Do USB ports lock up when running a certain application?
  • Do USB ports lock up when doing nothing at all (computer is idle)?
  • Do USB ports lock up when playing video or performing some other A/V task?
  • Any repeatable pattern?
Have you also tried the process of elimination, as follows:
  • Disconnect all USB devices except keyboard and mouse.
  • If not, then connect one additional USB device and test the system.
  • If not, then connect one more USB device and test the system.
  • Repeat the process until USB ports lock up.
Sometimes it happens when I pass files from one disk to another in large quantities. But, when I reconnect it and re-pass the files, it does not disconnect.
Other times leaving the computer idle, and, when I return, I find that it has been ejected and reconnected. What I mean is that it does it randomly. I don't know what it could be.

I send you the IORegistryEntry again with all the USB connected.

Attachments

• Yapi’s iMac.ioreg
    7 MB · Views: 80
This is a USB keyboard driver. It won't do any harm and it's okay to keep it.

Did you have native NVRAM before the switch to this build of OpenCore 0.5.4?

In my case, OpenCore is already doing this. When the OC boot menu appears, it automatically selects my Catalina boot disk and begins the boot process. If I press any key, I can interrupt it. Please check the parameters in your OC config.plist with those in the OpenCore Mini-Guide.

Yes we should rename both containers. This is not strictly necessary, but it is necessary for EFIClone script.
OK, checked 5.3 and 5.4. I don't have NVRAM in both. But I am pretty sure, that I had when I tried first few weeks ago.

New WEG and LILU enables ATv :headbang::headbang::headbang: sweet.ATv now works like charm

Back