Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I should be able to test as well once I get home.

Interesting changes this week in my build. No longer need the SMBIOS spoof for 32GB UDIMM, no longer need to recompile OcQuirks, and I got native NVRAM working. Just need to fix sleep, which I broke last night with all my changes.

If I get more time, I was hoping to take a Clover dump of my native DSDT, and apply changes bit by bit from the custom DSDT until NVRAM works, to figure out what the fix is.

Something I did do, because I'm hoping we can someday isolate what makes NVRAM work and not need DSDT.aml, is I removed the parts of the DSDT.aml you put in to replace needing the SSDTs, so that I could use the SSDTs. Makes it easier to manage changes for me. The one I posted yesterday did not have that removed, just has a modification that should keep Windows from getting EC and UIAC as Unknown Devices, by turning power off to them if not booted into Mac.
if you could document and share all the DSDT patches you need to apply to your vanilla DSDT, that would be great for those of us who have other boards--such as the Z390 Aorus Pro I have. just for fun I tried the patched Designare DSDT but nogo, not surprisingly.
thanks!!

If I get more time, I was hoping to take a Clover dump of my native DSDT, and apply changes bit by bit from the custom DSDT until NVRAM works, to figure out what the fix is.
I converted both the original DSDT and modified DSDT to dsl (disassembled) format, which turns them into text files that can be read by any text editor. Then I used DeltaWalker to open the two files side-by-side and iterate through each change. I was on vacation at the time so I did this casually instead of carefully. Time permitting, I'll give it another try.

I converted both the original DSDT and modified DSDT to dsl (disassembled) format, which turns them into text files that can be read by any text editor. Then I used DeltaWalker to open the two files side-by-side and iterate through each change. I was on vacation at the time so I did this casually instead of carefully. Time permitting, I'll give it another try.
where can one find your DSDT´s?

where can one find your DSDT´s?
  • The original DSDT is obtained by running MaciASL --> File --> New from ACPI --> DSDT.
    • The "actual" original DSDT is obtained by pressing F4 at the Clover Boot Menu. It will then be in the CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder when you boot into macOS and mount the EFI partition.
  • The modified DSDT (with NVRAM support) is included in the ZIP file downloadable from here.

Here's everything you need! I've configured OcQuirks.plist to match the compiled settings in OcQuirks-4.efi. Everyone who wishes to try this is welcome to do so, as follows:
  • Mount EFI partition and backup these two existing files:
    • CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/OcQuirks-4.efi
    • CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/FwRuntimeServices.efi
  • Then delete the above two files.
  • Download the attached ZIP and copy all three included files to:
    • CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/
  • Reboot.
  • Does the system boot? Does it throw a memory allocation or runtime area error message instead?

I was able to boot successfully.

Though, realizing that I have iGPU disabled, I tried turning it on and got the runtime area error.

So, I booted my old backup that still uses OcQuirks-4, and that also fails to boot with iGPU enabled, so something in my other build updates broke.

Thinking that would be a good time to update to BIOS F9b as it should clear my memmap, I did so. I still couldn't boot with iGPU enabled, so I turned it back off.

So, I can boot on F9b BIOS, Clover 5103, NVRAM fix DSDT.aml (I don't know if this needs updates or not for F9b), iMacPro1,1+iGPU off, with both OcQuirks latest release, and OcQuirks-4, but neither work with iGPU on (and OcQuirks-4 used to be the only thing that would boot with iGPU on for me).

So, something changed in my build that broke that. Someone who only changes out OcQuirks-4 with your new copy, with no other recent/significant changes should test and see if they can boot with iGPU on with both.

I just use VS Code's compare, though a bit slow on a file that big, it works. There's a lot, but I figure the easiest way is to apply changes little by little until it works, then see what can be removed.

Whatever the minimal number of changes needed to fix NVRAM may then be able to be another SSDT patch.

Though, realizing that I have iGPU disabled, I tried turning it on and got the runtime area error.

So, I booted my old backup that still uses OcQuirks-4, and that also fails to boot with iGPU enabled, so something in my other build updates broke.
This might be a good opportunity to try MemoryAllocation.efi by copying it into the CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder without deleting existing OcQuirks/FwRuntimeServices. iGPU should be enabled.

Attachments

• MemoryAllocation.efi
    2.1 KB · Views: 76
Going through the guide, I started playing with Hackintool and going through the "Idiots gGuide to Lilu". At the WEG portion, they talk about the patch section and choosing a platform. Being I have an i9-9900K I believe I have the UHD 650 iGPU. However, things seem a bit off. Can I get some direction if this needs to be fixed, and, if so, how?

Attachments

• hackintool.png
    hackintool.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 62
Has anyone had success with managing Corsair RGB RAM with icue? I have a virtual machine running Win10, and I am able to edit the RGB on my fans as well as my H100i. The problem is I'm not sure of a way to get the VM or icue to recognize the RAM. Any suggestions?

Going through the guide, I started playing with Hackintool and going through the "Idiots gGuide to Lilu". At the WEG portion, they talk about the patch section and choosing a platform. Being I have an i9-9900K I believe I have the UHD 650 iGPU. However, things seem a bit off. Can I get some direction if this needs to be fixed, and, if so, how?
If you installed Catalina by following the Catalina Mini-Guide, then this has already been done. It can be seen in Clover Configurator --> Devices --> Properties. The iGPU is UHD630 and it's configured in headless mode with Platform ID 0x3E980003.

hmmmm. I followed the guide, but doesn't look like I have it

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 9.39.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 9.39.15 PM.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 73
Back