Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Here's everything you need! I've configured OcQuirks.plist to match the compiled settings in OcQuirks-4.efi. Everyone who wishes to try this is welcome to do so, as follows:
  • Mount EFI partition and backup these two existing files:
    • CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/OcQuirks-4.efi
    • CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/FwRuntimeServices.efi
  • Then delete the above two files.
  • Download the attached ZIP and copy all three included files to:
    • CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/
  • Reboot.
  • Does the system boot? Does it throw a memory allocation or runtime area error message instead?

Downloaded the files and installed.

Running Mojave 10.14.6 (18G2022)/Clover 5103 and I've done 3 successful shutdown->power off->boot ups. No problems thus far.

Hi CaseySJ,
First, thank you for this well documented build guide :thumbup:
Quick question. Can I use the SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-NO-CNVW.aml file with an Aorus Ultra motherboard?
Or do you have instructions on how to disable the Intel CNVi module?
Thanks
Hello @elskardio

The NO-CNVW SSDT can be used on the Gigabyte AORUS Ultra without any modification. If you like, you may rename the file to something more appropriate such as:

SSDT-Z390-GIGABYTE-NO-CNVW.aml

Here's everything you need! I've configured OcQuirks.plist to match the compiled settings in OcQuirks-4.efi. Everyone who wishes to try this is welcome to do so, as follows:
    • CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/
  • Reboot.
  • Does the system boot? Does it throw a memory allocation or runtime area error message instead?
Confirmed. Works!!

Just tested this and my system boots without any problem. But in my case I never had any problem, even with AptioMemoryFix.efi
Downloaded the files and installed.

Running Mojave 10.14.6 (18G2022)/Clover 5103 and I've done 3 successful shutdown->power off->boot ups. No problems thus far.
Confirmed. Works!!
You guys are awesome. Thank you for the quick test!

Hello @elskardio

The NO-CNVW SSDT can be used on the Gigabyte AORUS Ultra without any modification. If you like, you may rename the file to something more appropriate such as:

SSDT-Z390-GIGABYTE-NO-CNVW.aml

Thank you for the quick response!

• CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/
  • Reboot.

I replaced the old OcQuirks-4 bundle with your updated memory drivers and can boot into Mojave and Catalina without any problems. I added a Layout ID of 11 too and my headphone jack is working reliably!

Just tested this and my system boots without any problem. But in my case I never had any problem, even with AptioMemoryFix.efi

My motto ... if it ain’t broke don’t fix it....... its why I go around fixing all those imaginary problems ...hehe

I replaced the old OcQuirks-4 bundle with your updated memory drivers and can boot into Mojave and Catalina without any problems. I added a Layout ID of 11 too and my headphone jack is working reliably!

Sounds like the files I downloaded a week or so ago are out of date, have they been updated on page 1

Back