Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Critical Question!
I just bought 2x Fenvi T919 for my 2 hackintoshes which run by Z390 Designares (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VCCZS54/?tag=tonymacx86-21). The main purpose of my purchase is that I'm already tired with 3rd party keyboards and mice (already tested a few of Microsoft and also Logitech). I also I want full support experience with my iPhone 11. That means Handoff, Airdrop and ofc Sidecar support with iPad 2019. As of keyboard and mouse ofc, I'm willing to get soon Magic Mouse and Magic Keybaord. So, the Critical question is: am I gonna get full support without issues with Apple mouse and keyboard and also native experience with iPhone 11 and iPad 2019? Happy NEW Year to everyone and I wish you all Good Health for you and your families!
For me the WiFi worked immediately. Played with kexts and all sorts of stuff and never had Bluetooth. So I sent it back. It worked on Windows. So I know my USB header was connected properly.

What model of 5700 XT do people have working? I have already tried the Sapphire RX 5700 XT and it suffers sleep issues. I tried a 590 XT and one works, one doesn't.... I don't want to buy every video card under the sun. But I need something in the $600 range, that is great.

Critical Question!
I just bought 2x Fenvi T919 for my 2 hackintoshes which run by Z390 Designares (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VCCZS54/?tag=tonymacx86-21). The main purpose of my purchase is that I'm already tired with 3rd party keyboards and mice (already tested a few of Microsoft and also Logitech). I also I want full support experience with my iPhone 11. That means Handoff, Airdrop and ofc Sidecar support with iPad 2019. As of keyboard and mouse ofc, I'm willing to get soon Magic Mouse and Magic Keybaord. So, the Critical question is: am I gonna get full support without issues with Apple mouse and keyboard and also native experience with iPhone 11 and iPad 2019? Happy NEW Year to everyone and I wish you all Good Health for you and your families!
Apple Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse should work with the Fenvi FV-T919 in BIOS, Clover Boot Menu, and macOS. They may or may not need to be paired in advance in macOS. I have the older generation Magic Mouse and Apple Wireless Keyboard, which do need to be paired in advance.

What model of 5700 XT do people have working? I have already tried the Sapphire RX 5700 XT and it suffers sleep issues. I tried a 590 XT and one works, one doesn't.... I don't want to buy every video card under the sun. But I need something in the $600 range, that is great.
Does your system fail to enter sleep, or fail to stay asleep? My PowerColor Red Dragon RX 5700 XT introduces no such issue (sleep works just fine).

As seen in the post below, YouTuber Jonathan Morrison got a GeekBench single-core score of 1162 and multi-core score (12 cores I believe) of 20,869.

GeekBench 5 Designare Z390
8-cores, 8-threads
2019 Mac Pro
12-Cores, 24-threads
Single-Core 1207 1162
Multi-Core 7835 20,869

I just ran my setup with Geekbeench 5: Singlecore-1275, Multicore-9367. I think I scored 40,000-41,000 on GB4. I don't have the CPU overclocked, but I do have XMP enabled.

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 8.55.59 PM.png

Does your system fail to enter sleep, or fail to stay asleep? My PowerColor Red Dragon RX 5700 XT introduces no such issue (sleep works just fine).
It wont wake from sleep, and completely freezes at 6 minutes if i am not using it. I sorta solved it by swapping out for my brothers RX 570 and it works great. So I bought myself a RX 590 but it wont boot. Now I am looking for something that has at least a bit of confirmed reliability behind it.

If it's any consolation, I've had similar sleep and standby issues with my MSI Radeon VII, too. Even with sleep disabled, my Radeon VII becomes a bit unstable when my monitors go into sleep mode. In Mojave this would usually mean a 30 second 'freeze' (background tasks still run, music still plays, mouse can move, but display output is frozen) and then resume as normal, but since Catalina it's a 50/50 chance of a kernel panic. I've figured there's something up with the p-states for the GPU, but I need to collect more debug info before I can determine for sure. I've considered just selling it off and buying a 5700XT instead since the VII is just so damn loud when under load.

@CaseySJ, thank you for putting together the EFIClone script. I've followed all steps however when tailing the log after clicking Clone (with `TEST_SWITCH="Y"`) I see:

Code:
- ***** EFI Clone Script start
- working directory = /System/Volumes/Data/Users/Shared
- Running /Library/Application Support/com.bombich.ccc/Scripts/EFIClone-v3.sh
- The operating system is Catalina
- Called From Carbon Copy Cloner
- 1: Source Path = / but changing it to /
- 2: Destination Path = /Volumes/Catalina Local Backup
- 3: CCC Exit Status = 89
- 4: Disk image file path =
- CCC did not exit with success, the EFI Clone Script will not run

Any ideas? I paged through + searched this thread but could not find anyone else reporting the above. I'm on 10.15 (English), running CCC 5.1.14.

Is it a pronounced jumpiness or a subtle jumpiness? Feel free to capture a few seconds with your smartphone and post the video clip (or a link to the video).

@CaseySJ attached is a quick video. Thx!

Attachments

• IMG_0117.MOV.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 83
Apple Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse should work with the Fenvi FV-T919 in BIOS, Clover Boot Menu, and macOS. They may or may not need to be paired in advance in macOS. I have the older generation Magic Mouse and Apple Wireless Keyboard, which do need to be paired in advance.
Thank you very much CaseySJ for once again! I have to try as it seems.. and share the results. My main issue is that Im left handed and I haven't find any lefthanded or ambidextrous wireless mouse that provides side buttons and good support with macos. Now that 32-bit softwares are not supported in Catalina it is more difficult for 3rd party software and drivers. Keyboard isn't behaving well also.. for example caps lock needs to pushed twice to work. From the other hand single click on mouse is working most of the times as double click. Its so frustrating and apple products are so expensive! :(
One word... Native Support.

Back