Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am pretty new to this, but I followed this guide and got up and running. Everything worked great until I updated to 10.15.2. Now every time it goes to sleep for an extended amount of time I get a black screen and it freezes. I have to restart and everything is fine until it sleeps again. I am using a 9600k, Sapphire pulse Vega 56. Any help would be appreciated.
Have you tried disabling XMP Profile 1 or reducing memory speed to 2933MHz or 2666MHz?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ So tried to BOOT using my M2P slotted NVMe Main Clone- Same result as SSD.
about 10 mins of idle with no input and computer reboots back to clover menu.

Also tried, X.M.P- Disabled which dropped ram from 3200mhz to 2133mhz
Still gave me the same result as prior, 10 mins idle, reboot back to clover boot.

Im assuming the next item would be different GPU or iGPU test to see if its GPU causing the reboot after extended idle?

I may just grab another GPU tomorrow to test with rather than having to mess with BIOS and config to switch to iGPU

Anything else outside of that you would recommend I try? Was there anything within the EFI I shared yesterday that you would suspect?

Any thoughts on new clone and attempting to switch to OC?

Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
do I still need to install windows first and update firmware for Thunderbolt to work in Mojave ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi @CaseySJ, I have almost same config as your's, everything works for me, but I have a little strange problem:

I can enter the sleep, and say, If my computer entered sleep at 3:01 pm, then no matter how long it sleeps, when I wake up the system, the system time still remains 3:01 pm, like time time as stopped when it enters sleep, this is really annoying, and I'm also tried with opencore, the result are exact same, system wake up, but time stopped moving on, and stop at exact time when it going to sleep.

I've attached the clover folder, please help me with this tiny annoying problem. Thank you~

Attachments

• clover.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ So tried to BOOT using my M2P slotted NVMe Main Clone- Same result as SSD.
about 10 mins of idle with no input and computer reboots back to clover menu.

Also tried, X.M.P- Disabled which dropped ram from 3200mhz to 2133mhz
Still gave me the same result as prior, 10 mins idle, reboot back to clover boot.

Im assuming the next item would be different GPU or iGPU test to see if its GPU causing the reboot after extended idle?

I may just grab another GPU tomorrow to test with rather than having to mess with BIOS and config to switch to iGPU

Anything else outside of that you would recommend I try? Was there anything within the EFI I shared yesterday that you would suspect?

Any thoughts on new clone and attempting to switch to OC?
Let us know if you try with the iGPU!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
do I still need to install windows first and update firmware for Thunderbolt to work in Mojave ?
Windows is not needed at all for Thunderbolt to work on macOS. But if you plan to have a dual boot system, then it’s advisable to install Windows first and then macOS. Please see spoiler in Post #1 regarding tips for installing Windows.

Motherboard
GA-Z390-Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
hi @CaseySJ, I have almost same config as your's, everything works for me, but I have a little strange problem:

I can enter the sleep, and say, If my computer entered sleep at 3:01 pm, then no matter how long it sleeps, when I wake up the system, the system time still remains 3:01 pm, like time time as stopped when it enters sleep, this is really annoying, and I'm also tried with opencore, the result are exact same, system wake up, but time stopped moving on, and stop at exact time when it going to sleep.

I've attached the clover folder, please help me with this tiny annoying problem. Thank you~
for how long after the computer wakes up is the time frozen?