Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ Im about to apply the patch for 300 series Fix to current config to test it out. While adding it I noticed in my current config I have these 3 patches as well

- Change HDAS to HDEF
- Change HECI to IMEI
- Change Sat0 to Sata

The 3 are set as "disabled" within the patch section, when I looked at the "Catalina Fresh Install- AMD GPU" config file it shows them checked as active could any of these being disabled also be a culprit of my reboot after inactivity?View attachment 441865
  • HDAS to HDEF should be deleted because it's handled internally by WhateverGreen.
  • HECI to IMEI can remain. I don't use this personally, but you're welcome to test your system's reliability with and without this rename.
  • SAT0 to SATA should be enabled.

• HDAS to HDEF should be deleted because it's handled internally by WhateverGreen.
  • HECI to IMEI can remain. I don't use this personally, but you're welcome to test your system's reliability with and without this rename.

May I ask what they do? Just know better know what I can expect from them

Looks good! VideoProc screenshot shows that you're running the initial release of Catalina (10.15.0). If you update to 10.15.2, please remember to back up the boot disk ahead of time.

How do you enable the DGPU instead of the iGPU for video processing?

I'm running a i9-9900k with the Designare mobo and a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 with OS 10.15.1. I tried both iMac19,1 and iMacPro1,1 and while H264 processing and HEVC works with both configurations it appears that it only uses the iGPU. The first VideoProc screen shot is with iGPU disabled in BIOS and the second is with it enabled.
Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 11.55.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-24 at 12.02.59 PM.png

Just enabled the ones you mentioned and added the "300 series fix" left my computer inactive and it rebooted back to clover boot menu after about 5-10 mins. I haven't experienced this happening while I'm using the machine just if the computer isn't being touched for several minutes.

That explains it. The AE_ALREADY_EXISTS error is harmless in that case because SSDT_DTPG containing the duplicate Method will simply be rejected. However, it's better to set the Enable field for SSDT_DTPG to false.

I tried resetting NVRAM through OpenCore, but that didn't help. I'm attaching a few screen shots. If you spot anything obvious, let me know! (Sorry for the blurry one - I may be totally obtuse, but I can't figure out how to scroll back with my PC keyboard.)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    620 KB · Views: 87
  • 2.png
    2.png
    441.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1 MB · Views: 95
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
Thanks for the great Guide(s).

After Resetting the Memory Map to pass the memory allocating errors at boot, it worked great. So, as a beta tester, I want to give you some feedback on what also worked for me:

It worked on BIOS version F8 & F9b. It also works on SSD EFI and a 64GB USB 3 flash disk.

With unlocked MSR (native NVRAM) it was possible to uncheck:
DevirtualiseMmio & DisableVariableWrite in the Booter section and
also uncheck AppleCpuPMCfgLock & AppleXcpmCfgLock in the Kernel section.

Disable Watchdog & LegacyEnable also unchecked.
Regarding the boot-args only slide=0 & agdpmod=pikera were used.

BTW, when using Clover with unlocked MSR, it was also possible to use AptioMemoryFix.efi alone and remove FwRuntimeServices, OcQuirks and EmuVariableUefi.

Of course, I don't know if this can work for everyone. But I just registered to say thank you, and share what I have found with everyone.
That is exactly how I've been running my OC 0.5.3 under F6 BIOS. Everything works so far. I did try to add SSDT-DTPG and I lost bluetooth after a long sleep. So back to only DSDT.aml and SSDT-UIAC.aml (no USBX in it) in ACPI section.

@CaseySJ
I've just run CCC with EFIClone-v4.sh but it finished with an error. Checking the history I get "The postflight shell script exited with a non-zero exit status"

The CCC recommendation says "The shell script couldn't be executed because it lacks a "Shell Interpreter" line. Add "#!/bin/sh" to the top of your shell script, then try the task again."

As a point of note I am testing the clone to go to an external SSD which has 2 partitions.

@CaseySJ
I've just run CCC with EFIClone-v4.sh but it finished with an error. Checking the history I get "The postflight shell script exited with a non-zero exit status"

The CCC recommendation says "The shell script couldn't be executed because it lacks a "Shell Interpreter" line. Add "#!/bin/sh" to the top of your shell script, then try the task again."

As a point of note I am testing the clone to go to an external SSD which has 2 partitions.

I tried changing from #!/bin/bash to #!/bin/sh in the script but got exactly the same error message.

@CaseySJ

I tried changing from #!/bin/bash to #!/bin/sh in the script but got exactly the same error message.
Thank you for the feedback. Will check it on a family member’s Mac soon. (The script was edited on a Windows laptop.)

HDAS is the device name for High-Def Audio in Windows, but macOS prefers HDEF.

macOS prefers IMEI for Intel Management Engine Interface, but I’ve not witnessed any issues leaving it as HECI (host embedded controller interface). The purpose of HECI is described here.

macOS prefers SATA over SAT0 for the SATA bus.

Back