Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Some of the differences in your config.plist:
  • ACPI
    • All APCI Fixes are unchecked except FixRegions, FixMCFG, FixHeaders, HaltEnabler
    • PluginType is unchecked
    • All ACPI renames are disabled
  • Kernel and Kext Patches
    • AppleIntelCPUPM is unchecked
  • RtVariables
    • ROM = UseMACAddr0
    • No MLB specified
Native CPU power management is disabled.

I removed the MLB and items from RtVariables before posting you mentioned to remove serial info so I removed the same info that is normally removed.

I will mention since finishing I’ve been testing a few things out one of the things I’ve noticed is if I leave the computer on and idle when I return to it it’s back at clover boot screen I had this issue before and it was fixed using the DSDT files on the patch section however this time around I already have those files in patch folder of EFI so not sure what’s causing it to reboot. I recall recently somewhere in the thread it being mentioned someone else is having a similar issue I can’t recall whether it was solved but I did see someone mentioning leaving their computer on overnight and not having any issues was there a fix that was found? I haven’t run Io registry yet to see what all is being recognized

I removed the MLB and items from RtVariables before posting you mentioned to remove serial info so I removed the same info that is normally removed.

I will mention since finishing I’ve been testing a few things out one of the things I’ve noticed is if I leave the computer on and idle when I return to it it’s back at clover boot screen I had this issue before and it was fixed using the DSDT files on the patch section however this time around I already have those files in patch folder of EFI so not sure what’s causing it to reboot. I recall recently somewhere in the thread it being mentioned someone else is having a similar issue I can’t recall whether it was solved but I did see someone mentioning leaving their computer on overnight and not having any issues was there a fix that was found? I haven’t run Io registry yet to see what all is being recognized
Some constructive criticism... please punctuate! :) After reading the above paragraphs twice, here's what I think you meant to say:

"I removed the MLB and items from RtVariables before posting. You mentioned to remove serial info so I removed the same info that is normally removed.

I will mention since finishing I’ve been testing a few things out. One of the things I’ve noticed is if I leave the computer on and idle, when I return to it, it’s back at clover boot screen. I had this issue before and it was fixed using the DSDT files on the patch section. However, this time around I already have those files in patch folder of EFI so not sure what’s causing it to reboot. I recall recently somewhere in the thread it being mentioned someone else is having a similar issue. I can’t recall whether it was solved, but I did see someone mentioning leaving their computer on overnight and not having any issues. Was there a fix that was found? I haven’t run Io registry yet to see what all is being recognized."

To address the long-term sleep problem, we asked a user (arvids) to add a 300-Series RTC patch to Clover Configurator --> ACPI as described here. That seemed to work for a couple of days.
  • Find* [HEX] = A00A9353 54415301
  • Replace* [HEX] = A00A910A FF0BFFFF
  • Comment = Fix 300-series RTC Bug
Another user (totototo) reported no problems with long-term sleep when booting with OpenCore instead of Clover.

Okay, restart is still not working. It takes two presses of the reset switch to reboot.
I've attached what I hope are the proper problem reporting files if any one wants to look.
But I did see this, but IDK how to edit the cupsd time:
Dec 22 13:13:50 localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.cups.cupsd): Service has increased maximum shutdown time to 65 seconds. This will create a poor experience for the user.
Shutdown and Restart should work with Clover when EmuVariableUefi is present in the drivers folder. It may also be a good idea to install RC Scripts. The procedure is described in the Catalina Mini-Guide, Step 3, 9th Bullet.

*** Mini-Guide ***
Catalina Users: Configure Carbon Copy Cloner for One-Key Bootable Backup

@CaseySJ :

I have a USB3 3TB HHD that I have partitioned into two 1.5TB. One for Carbon Copy Backup, and the other for Time Machine backups. I have added the EFICline-v3.sh to my CCC.

OMG Your script just wiped everything, years of work and photos and projects from BOTH my CCC backup, Time Machine, everything.

This is terrible, and this is NOT a scam or joke. It destroyed my system!!

@CaseySJ :

I have a USB3 3TB HHD that I have partitioned into two 1.5TB. One for Carbon Copy Backup, and the other for Time Machine backups. I have added the EFICline-v3.sh to my CCC.

OMG Your script just wiped everything, years of work and photos and projects from BOTH my CCC backup, Time Machine, everything.

This is terrible, and this is NOT a scam or joke. It destroyed my system!!
Really sorry to hear this. The script has been downloaded over 500 times and is used by many.

The instructions call for the use of a single backup SSD that is formatted with scheme GUID Partition Map.

In any case I will put the script in TEST mode so users can check what the script will do. If satisfied with the result, they can switch off the TEST flag.

Sorry to hear About your problems.
The script and the guide that Caseysj has posted is supposed to be used with a separate hard drive.
I used it and it worked flawlessly

Prerequisites: These steps are only performed once on a new SATA SSD.
  • Purchase or use a 2.5-inch SATA SSD that is large enough to hold everything in your Catalina OS disk. If your Catalina OS disk is 256GB, use a 256GB SATA SSD. If it's 1TB, use a 1TB SATA SSD. These SSDs have become extremely cost effective and there is no excuse for not purchasing one.”

• Having all of your work on only one hard drive, is just waiting for a disaster to happen, as they do die eventually.

• I hope you can recover some if not all your work.

Hi! I had a question about this. I assume one waits to execute the Terminal command until the clone is finished ? I tried the Terminal command after hitting clone but I got an error message . Thanks!

Really sorry to hear this. The script has been downloaded over 500 times and is used by many.

The instructions call for the use of a single backup SSD that is formatted with scheme GUID Partition Map.

In any case I will put the script in TEST mode so users can check what the script will do. If satisfied with the result, they can switch off the TEST flag.

So after multiple attempts and failures at installing Mojave, I found that I needed to make some changes in Clover Bootloader > System Preferences. The two specific changes that i needed to make were:
1. The OS software version was defaulted to 10.10.10. I had to change this to the version of Mojave that i was installing (10.14.06). This let me proceed to the install mojave. From thereon, installing mojave was pretty smooth.
2. System integrity settings. I needed to enable a couple of check boxes. (will update the exact boxes checked once i capture screenshots).

I successfully managed to install mojave and migrate my old system to the new one. However, i am still facing severe stability issues where mojave keeps crashing/freezing. I have followed the post installation steps to the T. Not really sure what i need to do to fix this and get some stability. I am also not able to connect my audio interface (UAD Apollo twin MK2). But i guess i need to do some more research to get that working.

There have been multiple crashes while installing apps and while using the finder. I am guessing that this has something to do with my GPU performance (i think?); specifically horizontal lines or rays that appear while watching 4k content and random issues like the screen turning yellow with only the mouse cursor being normal.

I am attaching my EFI folder here. Any suggestions to what i need to do to get a more stable experience?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.3 MB · Views: 80
Back