Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Oh. And can I buy a magic Keyboard and a Magic Mouse 2 ? Are they compatible with that hackintosh out of the box using Fenvi FV-T919 or Fenvi FV-HB1200 ??
I would bet lunch that an Apple Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse 2 will work just fine.
My Apple Magic Mouse gen 1 and Apple Magic Keyboard (early version) both work in BIOS and Clover Boot Menu after being paired with the system in macOS.

The latest Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard may not need to be previously paired (not sure).

More details here:
However, it may be necessary to install RC scripts in Clover (for EmuVariableUefi to work correctly).

However, it may be necessary to install RC scripts in Clover (for EmuVariableUefi to work correctly).
Well. Thank you but I'm so new that I can't undestand a word about that :-D

Well. Thank you but I'm so new that I can't undestand a word about that :-D
No worries. If you do buy the Magic Mouse & Keyboard and they don’t work in BIOS and Clover, I can tell you how to install Clover RC scripts.

I need 32bit apps, so I've stuck with Mojave so far... but I felt daring today, so I created a new APFS volume, downloaded the Catalina 10.15.1 installer, and began the installation from Mojave. Starting with all the latest and greatest goodies (Lilu, WEG, Clover, etc) stashed in the right places, everything went smoothly. After the install was finished, I just copied over my /L/E additions from Mojave, ran kext utility, and viola!

There is one tiny thing that I can't figure out. HWmonitorSMC2 (v2.4.9) doesn't display some of my stats... specifically, CPU utilization and anything related to graphics. I'm using the latest version of VirtualSMC (1.0.9), and all the kexts are installed to CLOVER/kexts/other (not 10.14).

Any ideas on what I should check? To confirm, all my stats are there when I boot into Mojave (with the same Clover + config I use to boot Catalina.)
Please post a screenshot of HWmonitorSMC2 with the chevrons expanded. I’ll check this on my end later this evening or tomorrow morning.

I've had a couple of hiccups this afternoon. After the install went so great and everything seemed to be going so good. I have tried to change the config.plist to make the system auto boot from the Catalina drive. I just pops up but with no countdown. Also sleeps seems to be broken. If I set it to sleep it will not wake. I have to hard reset. If I walk away from the system and it attempts to turn off the monitor it will lock up and I have to reset. Any suggestions. Thanks for all your help.

I've had a couple of hiccups this afternoon. After the install went so great and everything seemed to be going so good. I have tried to change the config.plist to make the system auto boot from the Catalina drive. I just pops up but with no countdown. Also sleeps seems to be broken. If I set it to sleep it will not wake. I have to hard reset. If I walk away from the system and it attempts to turn off the monitor it will lock up and I have to reset. Any suggestions. Thanks for all your help.
There was a mistake in Step 4 of the guide that was fixed an hour or two ago. Some questions:
  • When you modified config-AMD-GPU.plist, did you ignore the original incorrect instructions to copy it to USB and instead did you copy it to the EFI/CLOVER folder of your Catalina SSD?
  • What USB devices are connected both internally and externally?
    • If unsure, please run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then upload the saved file.
    • Sleep/wake issues are often due to USB issues.
  • Were you able to login to FaceTime and Messages?
  • Were you able to pair any Bluetooth devices?

Any suggestions on what could be causing the endless “code signing” ? This is the same file that I’ve been able to boot before now it won’t allow me in with the same steps so now I can’t even make it to welcome GUI. I reseated all ram reset CMOS and adjusted back to BIOS and presets set correct date and time on system. I am just getting an endless “CODE SIGNING”

also ran first aid on SSD to make sure no permissions issues or anything prior to installing.

Attachments

• 3F0D1C99-7E1E-486B-8021-CCA84D4C0D85.jpeg
    3F0D1C99-7E1E-486B-8021-CCA84D4C0D85.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 53
There was a mistake in Step 4 of the guide that was fixed an hour or two ago. Some questions:
  • When you modified config-AMD-GPU.plist, did you ignore the original incorrect instructions to copy it to USB and instead did you copy it to the EFI/CLOVER folder of your Catalina SSD?
  • What USB devices are connected both internally and externally?
    • If unsure, please run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then upload the saved file.
    • Sleep/wake issues are often due to USB issues.
  • Were you able to login to FaceTime and Messages?
  • Were you able to pair any Bluetooth devices?
I did copy to the Catalina SSD.
USB Devices
Anker Usb 3 Hub
Elgato Video Capture for capturing from old VCR for home movies
Logitech USB Receiver for Keyboard

I was able to login to Message with not problem.
I have an apple trackpad 2 connected via bluetooth with no issues.
Anker bluetooth speakers connected.
I attached the IOREG.
Thanks, again.

Attachments

• Scott’s iMac IOREG.ioreg
    19.1 MB · Views: 58
Hello @SR1200

Welcome to the forum!

The end randomseed++++ problem is usually due to an incompatible memory driver or the presence of more than one memory driver. Please post a screenshot of the CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder in the EFI partition of the USB install disk. If you're using Clover 5xxx, the folder will instead be CLOVER/drivers/UEFI.

I looked at your config and clover folder. There are multiple things that are missing. Your ACPI -> patched folder was completely empty. @CaseySJ has provided all the USB port matching and these types of things are needed if you're using the Designare board.

Back