[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Ok, I adjusted my USB disk config.plist to this:

View attachment 439446

Is it correct?

But I don't know where I can found these other settings that you mentioned:
  • HDMI port is enabled at Index 3 (port 7) with BusID=0x04 and Type=HDMI
  • DP port at Index 1 (port 5) is changed to BusID=0x01
Yes I have a full bootable bckp just in case hahahhaha :angel:
No no no!! The settings were already correct in the file you posted. The settings in this screenshot, however, are incorrect. Platform ID and device ID are specified in reverse byte order.

:thumbup: Regarding the bootable backup!

After a long while, I finally got around to getting OpenCore 0.5.3 working on this setup. Thunderbolt is not working, there's no entry under System Information -> PCI / Thunderbolt, but I don't currently use TB so that doesn't bother me. I've disable the iGPU (otherwise I couldn't get past the "error allocating pages" message) and I've switched to iMacPro1,1. Render speeds in Davinci Resolve as just as good as my previous Clover setup on iMac19,1 with iGPU and RX64. If anyone is interested I can write something up to get folks started on switching to OC?
I created an OpenCore 0.5.3 config just yesterday, but alas FwRuntimeServices doesn't work, resulting in the dreaded Couldn't allocate runtime area error. The same Quirk(y) settings that we used to compile our own FwRuntimeServices and OcQuirks-4 do not work when specified in the OpenCore config.plist. This is disappointing because we shouldn't have to disable IGPU and fall back to iMacPro1,1.

Nevertheless, I'll continue to experiment with each new release until hopefully it works with both iGPU enabled and SMBIOS iMac19,1.

Great thanks @CaseySJ for the works, I'm new to hackintosh and this is my first build,
my hardware:
z390 designare + i9-9900k + rx5700xt
with 1TB 970 evo plus, NZXT x62 water cooler, 16GBx4 tridentZ neo DDR4-3600, fenvi FV-t919, NZXT H510i case

I wanted to have a fresh install with Catalina 10.15.1. I tried the guide mentioned in #10821, which with I have no luck with rx5700xt and Fenvi installed.
I also followed page 1081-1088, removed the rx5700xt and fenvi wifi card,
trying to go for the iGPU method. I also added the 2 tables: DMAR, MATS in the config.plist already.

As I going through the first boot, quickly after the line: gIOScreenLockState 3
my screen go black completely and without response.

This is the video when the error occurred, if that's any help.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AVGNu00upxye8cyDf9owjjqWl28Lc82H

Thanks again and look forward for any new updates!
That's a nice configuration. On the NZXT X62 we can monitor and control the LEDs, connected fans, and pump speed. On the H510 Elite we can monitor and control the NZXT Smart Device V2, allowing us to monitor and control connected AER RGB accessories such as AER RGB 2 fans/lights, lighting strips, NZXT Under Glow, NZXT cable comb, etc.

It requires liquidctl from here:

The best part is that liquidctl now supports Homebrew on macOS. This means we can install current version and future updates as follows:
  • First, install Xcode from the Mac App Store.
  • Then install Homebrew from Terminal by typing:
    • /usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
  • Finally, install liquidctl from Terminal by typing:
    • brew tap jonasmalacofilho/liquidctl
    • brew install liquidctl
That's it. When new versions of liquidctl are released, just type:
  • brew upgrade liquidctl
To use liquidctl, please see the docs located here:

This is disappointing because we shouldn't have to disable IGPU and fall back to iMacPro1,1.
Do you view iMac19,1 as a better SMBIOS than iMacPro1,1? If so, why?
With OC on iMacPro1,1 w/o iGPU Netflix works straight away, something I couldn't get working in Clover + iMac19,1 + iGPU. Aside from SideCar support, are there any other reason why one would consider iMac19,1 superior over iMacPro1,1?

If I get around to it I can try and write something up on my OC config tomorrow afternoon!

Do you view iMac19,1 as a better SMBIOS than iMacPro1,1? If so, why?
With OC on iMacPro1,1 w/o iGPU Netflix works straight away, something I couldn't get working in Clover + iMac19,1 + iGPU. Aside from SideCar support, are there any other reason why one would consider iMac19,1 superior over iMacPro1,1?

If I get around to it I can try and write something up on my OC config tomorrow afternoon!
Not that one is better or worse, but for the specific components in this system, iMac19,1 is the closest fit.

Please do share your OpenCore experience when you get a chance. OC is quite intriguing.

** Catalina Fresh Install Mini-Guide Has Been Updated Based on Latest Findings **

I can boot my PowerColor RX 5700 XT with WhateverGreen and agdpmod=pikera, but it requires some voodoo magic that is present in the newly uploaded config files.
Works perfectly with my 5700XT here :)

Please replace your config.plist with the attached version. I've given you new serial numbers so please do not change anything -- just plug-and-play. Let me know whether it makes any difference. Rename the file to config.plist.
I'm going to try this now just got back home hoping it works. I’ll use the walk thru update, as well, you made for mini guide interested in this voodoo magic you mentioned. lol

** Catalina Fresh Install Mini-Guide Has Been Updated Based on Latest Findings **

I can boot my PowerColor RX 5700 XT with WhateverGreen and agdpmod=pikera, but it requires some voodoo magic that is present in the newly uploaded config files.
Hoping I have success this time I just want to see success and instantly make a bootable backup lol. After the first time I got thru it, all my issue was a kernel cache issue. I saw people saying I should have rebuilt my kernel cache and loaded kexts into /L/E/ folder and rebuilt after. I shouldn’t have run into that on boot. Is that correct? I just want to know what I have to do post install success to not have issues again.

Hoping I have success this time I just want to see success and instantly make a bootable backup lol. After the first time I got thru it, all my issue was a kernel cache issue. I saw people saying I should have rebuilt my kernel cache and loaded kexts into /L/E/ folder and rebuilt after. I shouldn’t have run into that on boot. Is that correct? I just want to know what I have to do post install success to not have issues again.

Of course, the first item on the list will be CCC.

Back