Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

As it turns out I’m installing Mojave. Sorry I didn’t include that. Any thoughts on that?
Those keybag errors are often a distraction in that the real problem may lie elsewhere. At which step of the installation process is this happening? Is it happening after Step 17 but before Step 18? Please see the step numbers here.

Also list the hardware you're using:
  • Make/model of GPU
  • Make/model of Monitor
  • Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort?
  • Make/model of NVMe SSD

Hey, back again. I tested the sleep/wake again. I noticed that after it goes to sleep, my pc shuts down and then restarts again, but the screens stay black. If I move mouse, the login window is up, and I can log in. Normally I don't use sleep mode but just wanted to maybe fix it.

Hey, back again. I tested the sleep/wake again. I noticed that after it goes to sleep, my pc shuts down and then restarts again, but the screens stay black. If I move mouse, the login window is up, and I can log in. Normally I don't use sleep mode but just wanted to maybe fix it.
Please see Process of Elimination guidelines here:

Those keybag errors are often a distraction in that the real problem may lie elsewhere. At which step of the installation process is this happening? Is it happening after Step 17 but before Step 18? Please see the step numbers here.

Also list the hardware you're using:
  • Make/model of GPU
  • Make/model of Monitor
  • Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort?
  • Make/model of NVMe SSD
That's what I figured. Here's what I got:
- Gigabyte Z390
-Right now the monitor is a stand in. It's an old 43" Westinghouse POS It will be: AOC U3277PWQU 32" 4K UHD
-HDMI
-Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB

It happens as you asked after Step 17 but before Step 18. Thanks so much!!

That's what I figured. Here's what I got:
- Gigabyte Z390
-Right now the monitor is a stand in. It's an old 43" Westinghouse POS It will be: AOC U3277PWQU 32" 4K UHD
-HDMI
-Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB

It
happens as you asked after Step 17 but before Step 18. Thanks so much!!
Does your 970 EVO Plus have the latest firmware? Please see NOTE 5a from the build guide:
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 12.39.45 PM.png

A proposal for the guide: Clover from Version 5.6.0.0 on does not contain the option "Fixheaders" on the Acpi-Section, which is required while editing the config-list in the beginning.
It was kind of tricky to find a older Version (5.4.3.1) of clover which still got this option.

Maybe it would be great to either directly link onto an older Version of clover, or change the guide.
But anyway, great work here in the forum! So much information and exchange :)

A proposal for the guide: Clover from Version 5.6.0.0 on does not contain the option "Fixheaders" on the Acpi-Section, which is required while editing the config-list in the beginning.
It was kind of tricky to find a older Version (5.4.3.1) of clover which still got this option.

Maybe it would be great to either directly link onto an older Version of clover, or change the guide.
But anyway, great work here in the forum! So much information and exchange :)
Clover Configurator is downloadable from a handful of sites, which is why the Installation Notes section of the build guide provides the preferred download link (see below). The latest version is 5.7.0.0 and as you can see in the 2nd screenshot, it does contain Fix Headers. If Clover Configurator is downloaded from other sites, it may look very different!

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 12.55.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 12.54.12 PM.png

Hi @CaseySJ! Hope you are ok!

Sorry but I need your help again.

Updated the BIOS of my Aorus Xtreme, and after setting it up following your guide, when restarting just after clover boot menu, Mac won't boot. Please see attached picture of the error I get. Do you know how to solve?

Thank you in advance

EDIT:

I turned of internal Graphics and it booted now. I wonder how can I enable it again?

EDIT 2:

Also lost bluetooth

Attachments

• IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    895.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ! Hope you are ok!

Sorry but I need your help again.

Updated the BIOS of my Aorus Xtreme, and after setting it up following your guide, when restarting just after clover boot menu, Mac won't boot. Please see attached picture of the error I get. Do you know how to solve?

Thank you in advance
Please try the following:
  • Turn computer off and flip power switch (or unplug power cable) for 10 seconds.
  • Restart. Does the same problem happen?
If so, I would recommend switching from OsxAptioFixDrv to the new OcQuirks-4/FwRuntimeServices. This is described further in this post. Note, however, that we recommend updating to Clover 5xxx and using EmuVariableUefi. This allows iGPU to be enabled.
  • What version of Clover are you running? You can press A at the Clover Boot Menu to see the version.
  • Are you already using EmuVariableUefi in your CLOVER drivers folder?

Back