Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

It worked but still some issues
Please backup your existing EFI Folder and try the attached version. This one updates CLOVER to v5098, removes SMCHelper.efi (which should not be used with VirtualSmc.efi), adds EmuVariableUefi.64, and once again uses OcQuirks/FwRuntimeServices.

It's worth a try...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 87
TERMINATE the job right away!
  • Once the Carbon Copy Cloner progress bar moves all the way to the end, CCC runs the Post-Flight script (EFIClone-v3).
  • Running EFIClone-v3 should take about 10 to 15 seconds.
Please check the file:
  • /System/Volumes/Data/Users/Shared/EFIClone.log
How large is it?
Has your disk become full?
Disk wasn't full. I don't know what happened. The Terminal showed no more activity so I quit the operation and checked the new disk. It copied correctly and booted just fine.

I keep getting "Creating RAM disk for /var/log" I tried reseating my RAM, Im really not to sure what this is identifying, thanks in advance for any help to the noobie.

just before getting that error I had gotten this \/\/\/(picture)
I did not not make any changes in between, I only restarted the system.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 11.50.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 11.50.53 PM.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I keep getting "Creating RAM disk for /var/log" I tried reseating my RAM, Im really not to sure what this is identifying, thanks in advance for any help to the noobie.

just before getting that error I had gotten this \/\/\/(picture)
I did not not make any changes in between, I only restarted the system.
NEVERMIND!! FIXED!!!

Please backup your existing EFI Folder and try the attached version. This one updates CLOVER to v5098, removes SMCHelper.efi (which should not be used with VirtualSmc.efi), adds EmuVariableUefi.64, and once again uses OcQuirks/FwRuntimeServices.

It's worth a try...

@CaseySJ
Hey, is it okay that i got 2 monitors plugged in? Anyways i am getting this result now

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpg
    IMG_1265.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 64
@CaseySJ
Hey, is it okay that i got 2 monitors plugged in? Anyways i am getting this result now
Please try this:
  • Use the attached config.plist, which sets agdpmod=pikera.
  • In BIOS, set Initial Display Ouput to PCIe 1 Slot if not already set.
  • iGPU is set to headless mode so it will not drive a display monitor.
  • Connect only the HDMI cable to RX 5700 XT and boot.
    • Does it work?
  • If so, then hot-plug the DisplayPort cable (without rebooting).
    • Does second monitor also work?

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 78
Please try this:
  • Use the attached config.plist, which sets agdpmod=pikera.
  • In BIOS, set Initial Display Ouput to PCIe 1 Slot if not already set.
  • iGPU is set to headless mode so it will not drive a display monitor.
  • Connect only the HDMI cable to RX 5700 XT and boot.
    • Does it work?
  • If so, then hot-plug the DisplayPort cable (without rebooting).
    • Does second monitor also work?
Hey, did exactly as you wrote and got it working! whats the next step?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 14.50.15.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 14.50.15.png
    338.8 KB · Views: 78
I copied this EFI to my SSD and its working fine. I also tested only DP ports on both Displays, and its working also.

Hi all,

Firstly, huge thanks to @CaseySJ for this guide. I'm having a problem with USB - every now and then (at random intervals from very quickly after boot to several hours after boot) all of my USB devices stop working. Mouse, keyboard, any external disks etc. disappear from the system. I can still log-in via screen-sharing, so the machine is still working. I've done a lot of Googling, but can't find anything to help me resolve this. Any help/advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Hi, first thank you for this guide. I have 2 problems. I used this guide for my installation, and everything seems to be working except when I plug my Apollo twin Mk2 in the USB-c port with the Thunderbolt adapter. It gives me a message that my Mac doesn't support Thunderbolt over USB-c. And the other one is, after the post-install, my CPU name in About this Mac switched from the correct one which is i7-9700K to Intel core i9. My configuration is Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi, i7-9700K, RX 590, 970 EVO Plus.

Back