Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ
Hey, unfortunately im still getting similar error. I also tried just to test, to boot from SSD Clover and it is saying the same thing.
No problem. Please compress and upload the CLOVER folder again.

@CaseySJ
No problem. Please compress and upload the CLOVER folder again.
I just want to again say that I really appreciate what you are doing, and I am very grateful. I've been up 3 days straight, because I want this system to run, all the work is on standby. Here is my CLOVER file

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 87
@CaseySJ

I just want to again say that I really appreciate what you are doing, and I am very grateful. I've been up 3 days straight, because I want this system to run, all the work is on standby. Here is my CLOVER file.
We should also add “slide=0” to boot arguments. I’ve done this in the attached config.plist. If this doesn’t work, we’ll switch you over to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. But please try attached file.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 80
We should also add “slide=0” to boot arguments. I’ve done this in the attached config.plist. If this doesn’t work, we’ll switch you over to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. But please try attached file.

@CaseySJ
Still the same error. Just in case I wanted to ask, I should be trying to run it with the 5700 XT Right? not with IGPU. Is there possibility that there might be something wrong in BIOS or the way I installed the software?

@CaseySJ
Still the same error. Just in case I wanted to ask, I should be trying to run it with the 5700 XT Right? not with IGPU. Is there possibility that there might be something wrong in BIOS or the way I installed the software?
This error is just due to memory driver. Let’s switch you to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. Delete OcQuirks-4 and FwRuntimeServices and copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 into the drivers64UEFI folder. This file can be downloaded from bottom of Post #1. And continue to use the config.plist sent just above (with slide=0).

This error is just due to memory driver. Let’s switch you to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. Delete OcQuirks-4 and FwRuntimeServices and copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 into the drivers64UEFI folder. This file can be downloaded from bottom of Post #1. And continue to use the config.plist sent just above (with slide=0).

It worked but still some issues

Attachments

• IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
OcQuirks / FwRuntimeServices Test

System Configuration:
  • Mojave 10.14.6
  • BIOS F8
  • Intel i9-9900K
  • CORSAIR Vengence LPX 4 x 16GB 3200MHz DIMMs with XMP Profile 1
  • Clover v5098 (*had 5033 and it did NOT work)
  • SMBIOS iMac19,1
  • iGPU enabled with headless platform ID 0x3E980003
  • Latest Lilu and WhateverGreen
  • M2M (top M.2 slot) = Samsung 970 Pro PCIe NVMe 512GB (Windows 10)
  • M2P (bottom M.2 slot) = Samsung 970 Pro PCIe NVMe 512GB (macOS)
  • Saphire PULSE Radeon RX 580 in PCIe Slot 1
  • Original Intel CNVi WiFi/BT module installed; using NO-CNVW SSDT to disable.
  • No additional BT/WiFi card
And this thing is LOADED with PCIe cards: AJA LHi, Firewire, Highpoint RAID 642L

At first I tested using my SATA SSD bootable backup, all test 1-4 worked.
Kept test 4 in the Drivers/UEFI folder and (made the mistake of) copied the SATA EFI folder to my NVMe boot drive.

When I re-booted to my NVMe I got the allocation error. Turns out my NVMe still had Clover 5033. Tried installing 5098 but it didn't take (who knows?). I then tried updating Clover through Clover Configurator and it worked this time.

All four test files worked when booting to NVMe with latest: Clover, Lilu, WEG
I'll leave OcQuirks-4 in my system to see how stable we are...

@CaseySJ,

This is certainly my "go to" thread for everything Hackintosh!

I have implemented Test-4 of your OCQuirks efi and I have 100% success. I booted with iGPU enabled at 64mb/Max just to test things out. It booted without issue. In addition, I plugged back in my Sata SSD with Windows. I have successfully booted into Windows via Clover and Mac Drive (NVME) without issue. So this test appears to have solved my final issue of having dual boot option with Windows.

Is there any reason to try any of the other OCQuirk test files? Just curious if there is anything in there that might effect my board (Aorus Master) differently?

Is there any reason to try any of the other OCQuirk test files? Just curious if there is anything in there that might effect my board (Aorus Master) differently?
Thank you for testing OcQuirks. The benefit of trying TEST-1, TEST-2, and TEST-3 is to get another data point for determining whether ForceExitBootServices is essential for this motherboard.

All four test files worked when booting to NVMe with latest: Clover, Lilu, WEG
I'll leave OcQuirks-4 in my system to see how stable we are...
Thanks also for testing this! Were you running AptioMemoryFix prior to OcQuirks/FwRuntimeServices?

Back