Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @CaseySJ . Thanks for this. As you can see from the attachment there is a blip in the GFX. I assume this is an indication it is working. Thanks for all your help - amazing! Now to backup my system!!
Yes, it's working. You'll mostly see iGPU activity when encoding/decoding HEVC (H.265) content. iGPU will be used for other tasks, but it may register only a faint blip in Intel Power Gadget. HEVC requires more heavy lifting, hence a more noticeable blip.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi
I have updated to 10.15.1 MAC OS
1. Now Igpu does not work anymore ( It seems I have to change anything)

2. I checked in your discription for updates. I have Fractal R6 and I am using all ports on top

View attachment 434659
  • SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml
  • I do not find for download!
  • Is the way I have it correct?

Thanks for the help
Upgrading to 10.15.1 should not affect iGPU if you updated WhateverGreen to 1.3.4. To check if iGPU is still engaged, run IORegistryExplorer and scroll the device tree on left side until you get to iGPU@2. Then see if the next item under iGPU@2 is AppleIntelFramebuffer. If so, iGPU is running.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I did as you said, but I got an error message. As a result, I started a reinstallation of Mojave, not without difficulty because the installer was defective and I had to download the one from the US Appstore. Finally, it worked, by doing the EFI again in the process. For the moment, it's working again, I can mount the EFI partition again! I hope that Bluetooth will never be talked about again.
In the meantime, I'm trying to install Windows 10 to access the EFI in case of a problem but it's impossible for me to boot on the installation key, the system doesn't see it. I checked my Windows installation key when I started my PC and it was working. I dropped the last Rufus who didn't give me any option to take version 2.15, trying in MBR, GPT, still in FAT32, without result. Whatever the option chosen, the key is not seen at boot via F12, the only thing that appears is my main SSD in UEFI (all other disks are unplugged). If I go beyond the boot screen and get to Clover's, the key is always called "boot Windows from legacy HD1", again regardless of the key creation option, and nothing happens if I choose the key. I would like to point out that I use Windows 10 ìso 1903 in 64-bit version. Secure boot is disabled by default in bios.
Let me see if I understand:
  • You're trying to install Windows 10 from a USB flash disk.
  • Have you used Microsoft's Media Creation Tool to create the USB installer?
  • If so, it should appear in the F12 BIOS boot menu. If it still does not appear, try this:
    • Shutdown the system.
    • Flip power switch on PSU (or pull power cable from the wall) for 10 seconds. This performs a soft CMOS reset.
    • Turn computer on again and check F12 menu.
  • Also note:
    • If installing Windows to an NVMe M.2 SSD, install the M.2 SSD into the top M2M slot.
      • Physically remove the macOS NVMe M.2 SSD.
      • Disconnect all SATA drives.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Let me see if I understand:
  • Let me see if I understand:
    • If so, it should appear in the F12 BIOS boot menu. If it still does not appear, try this:
      • Shutdown the system.
      • Flip power switch on PSU (or pull power cable from the wall) for 10 seconds. This performs a soft CMOS reset.
    • Also note:
      • If installing Windows to an NVMe M.2 SSD, install the M.2 SSD into the top M2M slot.
    [*][*]
    • Shutdown the system.
  • Also note:
My SSD is connected to the M2P unfortunately because I only wanted to lose one SATA connector (according to the user's manual), it means that I have no chance of the installation working if I stay on this connector? The original idea was to have Windows on the same SSD as Mojave. I have an unused SSD SATA that can be used if necessary, how do the two systems work together when the EFIs are on two different drives, does Clover allow you to choose Windows at boot time in this case?

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
The original idea was to have Windows on the same SSD as Mojave. I have an unused SSD SATA that can be used if necessary, how do the two systems work together when the EFIs are on two different drives, does Clover allow you to choose Windows at boot time in this case?

@Etyel,

It is far safer and easer to install Windows on to a separate SSD ... that way if something goes wrong with one of the operating systems (hardware or software) it wont effect the other.

You only need to boot Clover from one EFI partition, Clover will then scan all the drives/ssd's in your system and give you the option to boot MacOS or Windows.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac Pro
BTW, how are Adobe apps nowadays with AMD cards? A few years back I remember many would suggest to get NVIDIA card because Adobe favored their hardware/drivers...
I can tell you that Adobe has dropped CUDA support in the latest 2020 releases, they now suggest setting to 'Metal' so, moving forward, if you want to run Mac OS there's no decision (no Nvidia drivers), if you want to run Windows, pick the most powerful card (AMD or Nvidia) you can afford.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Probook 450 G6-Clover
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
I can tell you that Adobe has dropped CUDA support in the latest 2020 releases, they now suggest setting to 'Metal' so, moving forward, if you want to run Mac OS there's no descision (no Nvidia drivers), if you want to run Windows, pick the most powerful card (AMD or Nvidia) you can afford.
Interesting... THX for the 411 :)

That answers 1 of my other questions, as I know there's no NVIDIA drivers on macOS 10.14+ for newer cards, but wanted to see how a dualboot would be affected by this, glad to hear that Adobe works well on AMD on Windows as well!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac Pro
Wow, that's interesting, and leads me to a question: does the memmmap change when you install any drive on that bey? Or just the Windows drive? I'd assume any drive added would alter it since that seems to be a firmware thing, but I'm curious.
OK, question 2: In my experience, and based on discussions here, memory allocation is altered by ANY (and every) hardware change and can also be altered by BIOS settings and kexts used. Hence, the reason we're chasing our tails trying to get AptioMemoryFix working on every hardware combination in the world (it ain't gonna work for everyone/me)

Motherboard
HP Probook 450 G6-Clover
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
A quick (somewhat related) question: The WIFI cards on Z/H370 boards can be replaced correct? If so, anyone have any recommendations on what's available? I was looking for a DW1560, but MAN! prices are up there for it lol

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've been running Mojave for months with no problems and then Catalina 10.15 fine until I ran the beta 10.15.1 and then things got a little strange. I reinstalled 10.15 and everything was good again. Waited for the official 10.15.1 and everything installed fine but now for some reason, my system restarts every couple of hours for absolutely no reason. Is there some config parameter or boot argument that needed to change/be added in Catalina 10.15.1 that would cause random restarts? All extra kexts are the latest (AppleALC, Lulu, and whatevergreen).