CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
  • In System Preferences --> Energy Saver, the option "Wake for Network Access" or "Wake for WiFi Network Access" should be disabled.
  • In System Preferences --> Energy Saver, the option "Enable Power Nap..." should also be disabled.
  • In BIOS, wake for network access should also be disabled.
  • It seems you're using Apple Magic Keyboard via Bluetooth.
    • If so, try this experiment:
      • Power off the Magic Keyboard.
      • Then use your mouse to put computer to sleep (Apple Menu --> Sleep).
      • Does it stay asleep?
Thanks for help. I tried all of it with no luck. Also, "Wake for Bluetooth Access at Bluetooth" settings disabled.
I disabled WLAN and unplug LAN cable. Still the same.

Attachments

Motherboard
HP Probook 450 G6-Clover
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is there any tutorial how to make all those SSDTS an DSDT for you’re own motherboard?
You'll have to do some googling and searching (start right here on TMX), and possibly allot of reading to get a basic understanding of ACPI... :)

To start you off with an easy one, start here for the custom USB ports layout SSSDT

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@CaseySJ successfully completed my upgraded build!

It's a miracle my previous hack worked for so many years, I didn't touch half the configuration settings and kexts setups and DDST's you figured out. Got audio, the Fenvi got me 100MB/sec download speed and bluetooth, all my Mac apps work. Only thing left to tackle which was the whole purpose of getting this board is getting my Lynx Aurora 16 converter to connect over TB. Need to install a card, deal with firmware and drivers, I'm reasonably confident seeing all the pro-audio TB successes on that list you compiled.

Internal pic was about halfway through the build. I reconnected a lot of wiring and added the Fenvi wi-fi/BT card. The cooler is super beefy, extra thick with double fans. Only plan mild overclocking, having looked into that yet. The back is with the Fenvi card and the TB3 > TB2 adapter and TB cable that will attached to my Lynx Aurora unit.

Anyway thanks not just for figuring all this stuff out, but documenting it so well so someone like me can literally follow every step word for word and get it done. Much appreciated!
I did quite a bit of testing with a silver(non-n) Aurora 16/LT-TB on my previous Z170 Hack. Worked fine, zero issues. No problems with small buffers/low latency.
I am not expecting any issues with a Z390, haven't tested it though.

Motherboard
Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello everyone,

I have a smooth system working on Catalina with a vega 64. Everything was working fine but since a few days I have a weird bluetooth behaving.

Last week I had changed my Mojave disk name to Catalina, and I had my Bluetooth broken, with this icon
bluetooth-not-available-mac-os-x-el-capitan-fix-problem-error.png
When I was trying to connect or configure Bluetooth it was freezing (not the entire mac, only Bluetooth related windows).

I changed the name back to Mojave and it seems to fixed it for a few days, but now I have a new issue. I cant connect to any device like my mouse, keyboard, AirPods... BUT continuity, airdrop and unlock with my apple watch still works. When I try to connect to a device it just says "Connecting..." then "Can't connect". I tried to delete bluetooth preferences, try to reset module, everything without success.

After that I decided to switch to iMac 19,1 with iGFX on so I can have Sidecar working and maybe it would fix my problem. It didn't. lol

So I'm finally posting here hopping that someone can help me.

I attach my IOReg and my config.plist.

Attachments

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I get the prohibited sign immediately after clover begins to boot my HD. Using AptioMemoryFix.efi. When igpu is disabled- no problems.
Please replace AptioMemoryFix.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (at least when IGPU is enabled). This is a common problem.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @CaseySJ, how are you?

I just got my FENVI card yesterday. The splitter is also working as expected. As requested, here are my IOReg file and the version of the USB SSDT than I'm using. On a side note, I've been testing the card with some audio devices and Apple mouse (1st gen) and while the audio works flawlessly, the Apple mouse has some choppy behavior from time to time.

Thank you very much!
Hello @nifranza,

Your system is configured correctly! Your internal USB devices (NZXT Kraken and Fenvi) are both connected to HS12, which (along with HS11) is set to Internal. If you plan to connect external devices to HS11 in the future, we can change HS11 to Type 0x0.

Regarding laggy performance of the Apple Mouse, the problem might be due to interference or obstructions between the back of the computer and the surface on which the mouse rests. If it's possible to temporarily bring the mouse closer to the antennas on the Fenvi, please see whether the lagginess goes away. If so, we can replace the attached antennas with an outboard antenna such as this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NKD6VS6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I also turned on the IGPU from the BIOS and removed the second entry in [Devices]-> [Properties]. However, this experiment failed. Also freeze after a few minutes.
(If IGPU is turned off, it will freeze immediately after mac starts up)
This might lead to a long protracted debug session, so let me propose the following alternative to getting a clean, healthy system. This procedure calls for:
  • Doing a fresh installation of Mojave on a spare SSD (a cheap external 128GB or 256GB SSD will work).
  • Copying the existing serial numbers (the same SMBIOS section) to the new installation.
  • If everything is okay, then install your apps to the new installation. You might be able to use Migration Assistant, but if you do, use a different login password on the new installation.

Preparation:
  • Locate or purchase a 128GB or 256GB SATA SSD.
  • Also purchase a USB 3 external enclosure for the SSD such as this one.
  • Install the new SSD into the external enclosure and connect it via supplied USB 3 cable to a USB 3 port.

Stage 1:
  • Follow the Build Guide to install MacOS 10.14.6 on the new SSD.
    • Mount the EFI partition of the existing macOS SSD and copy the existing config.plist to the USB Install Disk.
      • We will need to copy-and-paste from this file later on.
    • For extra safety, consider disconnecting / removing the existing macOS SSD/NVMe so that you do not accidentally damage it.
    • When formatting the new SATA SSD, give it a different name such as New Mojave.
      • You can change the name any time in the future.
    • Follow the Build Guide to install MacOS 10.14.6 on the new SSD.
      • Be sure to press F12 after every reboot to select the external USB SSD.
    • Be sure to press F12 after every reboot to select the external USB SSD.
  • Perform the Post-Installation procedure.
    • When the Post-Installation procedure is done, do not reboot.
    • Instead, mount the EFI partitions of the new macOS SSD. (EFI partition might already be mounted.)
    • Copy SMBIOS section from old config.plist (which you copied to the USB Install Disk) to new config.plist.
      • This ensures that both systems are identical for the purposes of software licensing and iCloud registration.
  • Now you may reboot and login.
    • Press F12 at BIOS Splash Screen to select the external USB SSD.
    • Boot the new macOS installation.
  • Confirm that the new system is running okay. Check:
    • Reboot, Shutdown
    • Messages, FaceTime, iCloud
    • Note that Sleep/Wake will not work when SSD is connected to external USB port.
      • You may install the new SSD to an internal SATA port if you like.
  • Basically, check everything to make sure the system is good.
  • This is your baseline.
  • Make a full backup of the new macOS SSD.
Stage 2:
  • Now you have 2 choices for how to install your apps and copy your data:
    • Option 1: Use Migration Assistant.
    • Option 2: Reinstall Apps and Data manually.
Option 2: Manual Installation of Apps and Data:
  • You will need your license codes.
  • Because the system's serial numbers are the same, all existing license codes should work just fine.
  • Don't rush to reinstall all of your apps at once.
  • Install your apps over time. Install the most important ones first, of course. Then make sure system is still stable.
  • Copy your Documents and Downloads and Desktop folders from the old SSD to the new SSD.
  • Copy your Movies and Pictures and Music and other user folders from the old SSD to the new SSD.
  • Reboot, login, and check system stability over a period of a few days.
Stage 3:
  • Backup. Backup. Backup.
  • This is your next baseline where everything is working.
Stage 4:
  • Transition to a working system is complete. You may consider backing up the old macOS SSD and then cloning the new system to the old NVMe SSD.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
@CaseySJ successfully completed my upgraded build!

It's a miracle my previous hack worked for so many years, I didn't touch half the configuration settings and kexts setups and DDST's you figured out. Got audio, the Fenvi got me 100MB/sec download speed and bluetooth, all my Mac apps work. Only thing left to tackle which was the whole purpose of getting this board is getting my Lynx Aurora 16 converter to connect over TB. Need to install a card, deal with firmware and drivers, I'm reasonably confident seeing all the pro-audio TB successes on that list you compiled.

Internal pic was about halfway through the build. I reconnected a lot of wiring and added the Fenvi wi-fi/BT card. The cooler is super beefy, extra thick with double fans. Only plan mild overclocking, having looked into that yet. The back is with the Fenvi card and the TB3 > TB2 adapter and TB cable that will attached to my Lynx Aurora unit.

Anyway thanks not just for figuring all this stuff out, but documenting it so well so someone like me can literally follow every step word for word and get it done. Much appreciated!
Glad to hear it, and welcome to the forum! Is that an old Mac Pro case? Was it necessary to modify standoff locations for mounting the motherboard?

If (or when) the Lynx Aurora 16 is working, please let us know so we can add it to the Thunderbolt 3 Experiences list.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone