Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@bluepr0

That thing, which shall not be named, is just yelling my name! Intel has debunked rumors of Ice Lake desktop products being delayed to 2022, so I would love to build an Ice Lake successor to the Designare next year with high-end desktop (HEDT) components to rival the new Mac Pro. What better housing for it than that which shall not be named!!
I cross fingers hoping the next chipset that will replace the Z390 is able to get "native NVRAM" and that the new Designare comes with 2 DP-in (or that we can somehow route the iGPU or dGPU to the TB3 connectors to make the LG 5k run at its full potential. Also will be interesting to see what Apple does with native Wifi 6 supports and Bluetooth, because if they add drivers then it will be Hackintosh-paradise!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
This came up once before but I’m not sure we got a definitive answer. My understanding is that PCIe buses and SATA buses are enumerated separately, so if MacOS is on the PCIe bus (PCIe NVMe SSD) and Windows is on the SATA bus, then, to quote Rudyard Kipling, never the twain shall meet..er, interfere.

Thanks Casey - I'll just stick with the M2M strategy for now for Windows.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I cross fingers hoping the next chipset that will replace the Z390 is able to get "native NVRAM" and that the new Designare comes with 2 DP-in (or that we can somehow route the iGPU or dGPU to the TB3 connectors to make the LG 5k run at its full potential. Also will be interesting to see what Apple does with native Wifi 6 supports and Bluetooth, because if they add drivers then it will be Hackintosh-paradise!
Yes I do expect to pick components that will allow full 5K support, even if that means using a motherboard with THB_C header and an add-in-card. Apple certainly will support WiFi 6, but not sure whether they will finally embrace the Intel modem. Apple acquired Intel's 5G Cellular Modem business so they do have a bunch of former Intel engineers who might be able to create Intel WiFi 6 drivers for MacOS... Here's hoping, anyway.

ModBot

Super Moderator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
@bluepr0 and @CaseySJ,

See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules and Policies:

Advertising
  • Posts containing links to price comparison web sites or services will be removed.
  • Members cannot post advertisements or notices for eBay auctions, Kickstarter projects, Craigslist listings, personal sales, sponsorships or contests.
Any references to Kickstarter projects will be removed from view. Repeated violations will result in suspension from the Forum.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Yes, all three front-panel USB ports have been working since Day 1.
  • If you have Windows or Linux on this machine, does the port work on that OS?
  • Are you using the standard USB SSDT from the build guide (SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml)?
  • Are you using SMBIOS iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1 or Macmini8,1?
    • Do not use iMac19,2 because USBInjectAll.kext will not work. (There are patched versions of this, however.)
  • Is the port physically damaged? If you use a flashlight to look into the good USB 3 port and compare with the bad USB 3 port, do you see any physical differences?
Hi @CaseySJ, thx for your detail info.
- I have dual boot and login to Windows, the middle port still doesn't work. Does motherboard's F_USB3.0 port support all 2 front ports? I noticed inside Phanteks case, there are 2 big USB 3.0 cables, and i use only one, wondering switching to another can solve this problem.
- I use SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
- iMac 19,1 always
- The port is still in good condition.
Thanks for giving me a thorough checklists.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[QUOTE =“ CaseySJ,帖子:2021350,成员:2134452”]
请运行IORegistryExplorer,然后选择文件->另存为...,然后上传保存的文件。
[/QUOTE]
Ťhis file was created after i removed the 9 Pin USB Splitter 1-to-2,Sleep is occasionally good but after a few hours later it may be wakeup automatically,Please check the file to help me and see where the problem is.thanks a lot.

Attachments

• neo’s iMac.ioreg
    5.8 MB · Views: 24
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  • Do you need to enable IGPU with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1?
    • The IGPU is currently set to Platform ID 0x3E920003 (headless), but you have also defined frame buffer connector patches which are not needed in headless mode.
    • I would recommend disable IGPU in BIOS and delete the 2nd entry in Devices --> Properties as shown:
    • View attachment 431843
  • Also delete SSDT-Z390-VEGA64.aml from CLOVER/ACPI/patched. This is no longer needed or recommended.
  • Then clean up the CLOVER/kexts/Otherfolder. Here's what it looks like right now:
    • View attachment 431844
    • Keep the files in the red boxes only.
    • Check whether the files in blue boxes are already in /Library/Extensions.
      • If they are not in /Library/Extensions, copy them there and run Kext Utility to rebuild the kernel cache.
      • Then delete them from CLOVER/kexts/Other.
    • All files that are not in red or blue boxes will already be present in /Library/Extensions. So delete them from CLOVER/kexts/Other.
    • Then change Inject Kexts to Detect as shown:
    • View attachment 431846

UPDATE: It seems you might be using the KGP version of FakeSMC and its plugins. Those kexts are no longer supported on this system. Please replace these files:
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • LPCSensors.kext
  • CPUSensors.kext
  • ACPISensors.kext
with FakeSMC which you can download by clicking here. If the above files also exist in /Library/Extensions, delete them from there and replace them with FakeSMC, then rebuild kernel cache by running Kext Utility.
When I disabled IGPU in the BIOS, it froze in the same way as soon as the mac started up. I am deleting the second entry in [Devices]-> [Properties] to enable IGPU from BIOS.
I have not changed / Library / Extensions because there are two places on mac. I have / Library / Extensions almost empty.
If there is a problem with this, I would like to change it as soon as possible.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ, thx for your detail info.
- I have dual boot and login to Windows, the middle port still doesn't work. Does motherboard's F_USB3.0 port support all 2 front ports? I noticed inside Phanteks case, there are 2 big USB 3.0 cables, and i use only one, wondering switching to another can solve this problem.
- I use SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
- iMac 19,1 always
- The port is still in good condition.
Thanks for giving me a thorough checklists.
The Designare Z390 has one F_USB30 and one F_USB31C:
  • F_USB30 supports two USB 3.0 ports
  • F_USB31C supports one USB-C port
    Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 6.52.22 PM.png
  • We should connect both of the cables, but for USB 3.0 you would only need to connect to F_USB30 (on left side of red box).

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[QUOTE =“ CaseySJ,帖子:2021350,成员:2134452”]
IORegistryExplorer,
This file was created after i removed the 9 Pin USB Splitter 1-to-2,Sleep is occasionally good but after a few hours later it may be wakeup automatically,Please check the file to help me and see where the problem is.thanks a lot.
The only strange thing I see is that Google Chrome is attached to every USB port:

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 6.57.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 6.57.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 6.57.50 PM.png

Are you running some Google development tool?

Many sleep/wake problems are due to USB configuration and USB devices. While this may not be the cause of your problem, it does look suspicious.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I disabled IGPU in the BIOS, it froze in the same way as soon as the mac started up. I am deleting the second entry in [Devices]-> [Properties] to enable IGPU from BIOS.
I have not changed / Library / Extensions because there are two places on mac. I have / Library / Extensions almost empty.
If there is a problem with this, I would like to change it as soon as possible.
We should not delete the standard kexts (those that are included with macOS) from /Library/Extensions. So yes, it would be best to copy all standard kexts back to /L/E and rebuild kernel cache. Then follow the rest of the advice from previous reply. Make a full backup of existing system before making any changes!