- Nov 11, 2018
- Gigabyte Designare Z390
- RX 5700 XT
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Hello Mochimino,Hello CaseySJ, thanks a lot for the great guide! I want to build my first Hackintosh and i plan to follow your guide and instruction (with a Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB NITRO+)
I just have a few questions:
1. Will Corsair Vengeance LPX 4000Mhz 32GB (16GBx2) be compatible? The Gigabyte MB is, but does it work with Mac OS?
2. Both the Broadcom WiFi and Bluetooth Module -- BCM94360CS2 and PCIe x1 adapter card for WiFi/BT module are out of order in all the shop in my country. Do you maybe have an idea to replace it? I have found this one here but i can't tell if this gonna be compatible with your guide.
3. i plan to buy a Samsung NVMe SSD and also some Samsung SATA SSD. Does the brand matter for your build?
Thanks to anybody who can reply to me
- The Corsair Vengeance LPX 4000Mhz memory should work fine as long as it supports XMP. Any reason you want such a fast (and more expensive) memory? In BIOS, enabling XMP Profile 1 should be sufficient to run this memory at full speed.
- The Fenvi card in your link does *not* have Bluetooth. It's a WiFi-only card. A good alternative is the Fenvi T919. You should be able to find it on eBay. These cards ship from China so they will take some time to deliver. If you look at the Buyer's Guide in this website, you will find some USB Bluetooth and USB WiFi dongles that are compatible with Mojave. You can use those too, but I still recommend the Fenvi T919 over these USB devices.
- No problem to use Samsung M.2 PCIe SSDs or M.2 SATA SSDs. Brand does not matter; many owners are reporting excellent read/write speeds with Samsung EVO 970.