Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD7-TH
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
740GT
Mac
iMac
Okay, let me see if I can modify the hot plug SSDT for your motherboard. Please upload the following:
  • IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As... (upload the saved file)
  • MaciASL --> File --> New from ACPI --> DSDT
    • Then select File --> Save As... and upload the file.
    • In the Save As... dialog, you may select either Disassembled ASL File or ACPI Machine Language Binary
View attachment 419143
Here is my ioreg and System DSDT
Thanks a lot for your time!

Attachments

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Here is my ioreg and System DSDT
Thanks a lot for your time!
Well there's a pattern here!
  • Your motherboard has a Falcon Ridge Thunderbolt 2 controller on-board with two Thunderbolt 2 ports on the back panel.
  • Guess what? You have full Thunderbolt Local Node and Thunderbolt Bus as well!
  • So this suggests that for Falcon Ridge, macOS drivers are completely sufficient to enable full Thunderbolt capability.
  • Are you using a Thunderbolt SSDT right now? If so, please upload it. I am curious how ThunderboltDROM and pathcr got into your NHI device.
This shows you also have a full Thunderbolt device tree!
Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 6.10.40 PM.png

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have 2 files in my ACPI folder
I make them myself using KGP as a guide
That's what I thought:
  • ThunderboltDROM, pathcr, and Thunderbolt Config are being injected by the SSDT.
  • These parameters are not necessary for Falcon Ridge.
Please remind me of the problem you are having:
  • Your IORegistryExplorer looks correct and you already have these Thunderbolt devices attached:
    • Apollo 8 Quad
    • UAD-2 Satellite
  • Are you trying to enable hot-plug capability?
    • If so, I'm having that problem on my Falcon Ridge card as well, so as soon as I find a solution I'll notify you.

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD7-TH
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
740GT
Mac
iMac
That's what I thought:
  • ThunderboltDROM, pathcr, and Thunderbolt Config are being injected by the SSDT.
  • These parameters are not necessary for Falcon Ridge.
Please remind me of the problem you are having:
  • Your IORegistryExplorer looks correct and you already have these Thunderbolt devices attached:
    • Apollo 8 Quad
    • UAD-2 Satellite
  • Are you trying to enable hot-plug capability?
    • If so, I'm having that problem on my Falcon Ridge card as well, so as soon as I find a solution I'll notify you.
Yes i'm trying to enable hot plug for this board!
Cool! thank you! Hope you get this solution easy!)))

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello people

I am having problems with the Wifi network of this motherboard. From what I read, Mojave doesn't support Intel's Wifi network natively, so I want to swap for the BCM94360CS2 WiFi / BT card.

My question is if I can remove the original Intel CNVi card and put the BCM94360CS2 WiFi / BT card in its place, ie in the same slot?

Another question, but in relation to TB3. For the device to appear in the System Report, do I need to have something plugged into the motherboard's TB3 output?

Thanks for the help!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Apple
Mobile Phone
iOS
I relied on the guide and installed Mojave without any problems. I am using AMD RX Vega 64 8GB 8176 MB as iMac Pro (2017).

A few minutes after launching mac, the mac system freezes completely. It will not move at all after a while. The mac cursor is not moving at all, the upper right time is not changing. There is no pattern even if freeze occurs. You can not see the forced termination of the finder. Commands and periods also don't work. I'm forced to quit by pressing and holding the power button.

I do not know what causes such strange problems.

I compress EFI and paste it here.
Please give me some advice to solve it.

Thank you.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus P8P67 B3 3.0
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
In Disk Utility, are you clicking on View --> Show All Devices and then selecting the parent name of your Mojave SSD? When you click Erase you will then see 3 settings:
  • Name: Type Mojave
  • Format: Select APFS
  • Scheme: Select GUID Partition Table
Hi CaseySJ,

Super Thanks for your help! It turned that the Mojave I was using was corrupted (I run Unibeast on a 10.13 machine with a mojave image downloaded on a different machine). Everything works now.

I have two very fast questions:

1. I am thinking of getting 'Sapphire Radeon Nitro + RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI DVI Dual DP W/BP (UEFI) 256-bit 2.2slot Active'. Do you have any comment on the compatibility? Will I be able to use all the ports or is there some type of limit on the type/number of ports used?

2. I do not want to get banned but is there a way to support your great effort and work you have done? Perhaps donation/patreon or something like that?

Thanks!!!!!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
1. I am thinking of getting 'Sapphire Radeon Nitro + RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI DVI Dual DP W/BP (UEFI) 256-bit 2.2slot Active'. Do you have any comment on the compatibility? Will I be able to use all the ports or is there some type of limit on the type/number of ports used?
Buy a Sapphire Pulse card instead.