Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
z390 designaze
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 56
Your IOReg file shows that you have not installed SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml into the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder of the EFI partition of your Mojave SSD. Please see Final Steps in Post-Installation in the build guide.
Your IOReg file shows that you have not installed SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml into the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder of the EFI partition of your Mojave SSD. Please see Final Steps in Post-Installation in the build guide.
I am back @CaseySJ. Thank you for your support:D. Actually, I did put SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml into patched folder. However, I found that the “Automerges” in ACPI of clover configuration makes the boot skips it.
I did some fresh installations to figure out that.

However, I still cannot find anyway to fix my system in:
- random crashing/ cpu fan speed goes crazy/ OS shut/ hardware keeps running for nothing.
- Still no working shutdown/sleep/ wake
- And bluetooth cannot work also.

Can you please help me to identify this. :( I bought my build, finished it for a month already, and still cannot make it work probably. I am panic like a kernel for now.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am back @CaseySJ. Thank you for your support:D. Actually, I did put SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml into patched folder. However, I found that the “Automerges” in ACPI of clover configuration makes the boot skips it.
I did some fresh installations to figure out that.

However, I still cannot find anyway to fix my system in:
- random crashing/ cpu fan speed goes crazy/ OS shut/ hardware keeps running for nothing.
- Still no working shutdown/sleep/ wake
- And bluetooth cannot work also.

Can you please help me to identify this. :( I bought my build, finished it for a month already, and still cannot make it work probably. I am panic like a kernel for now.
Of course. Let me take a look at your CLOVER folder. Can you please compress and upload it from EFI partition of Mojave SSD? Also upload screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
@CaseySJ I am using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS now with Vega 64. In your spoiler on page 1 (see attached) you recommend keeping "framebuffer-patch-enable" line in Devices/Properties for iMacPro1,1 setup. What is the reason for it with iGPU disabled?
And do I retain the whole line entry "framebuffer-patch-enable 01000000 DATA" that I originally used for UHD 630?

Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 8.50.28 AM.png

Motherboard
ASRock Z390 Phantom
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@svandive - did you ever get Netflix working in Safari. I'm interested to close this in my system.

Motherboard
z390 designaze
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 56
Of course. Let me take a look at your CLOVER folder. Can you please compress and upload it from EFI partition of Mojave SSD? Also upload screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder.
Many thanks @CaseySJ ==" they are quite messy right now. Since I redo it many times, and gather all the resource that I could.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
On this board, what PCI slot is considered Slot 4? The top or bottom PCI X1.

Seems 1=top x16, 2=middle x16, 3=bottom x16.

I vertically mounted my GPU and moved my wifi card from the bottom to the top x1 slot now that it's not blocked by the GPU.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
I have a very similar spec machine as the main build with the exception of only Intel HD 630 onboard, so no dedicated GPU and an i9 9900k rather than the i7.

I've followed the guide including the HDMI and audio guide and frame buffer info but am really struggling to get the IGPU working correctly.

Can you help please?

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580 & WX7100
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I updated to 10.14.6 then after I shut down, the macos drive wasn't visible. I tried creating a bootable usb stick, followed all the steps using the usbinjectall with .aml method, but my usb stick doesn't appear on the boot manager either.
Do you kno what the issue could be?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
@CaseySJ I am using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS now with Vega 64. In your spoiler on page 1 (see attached) you recommend keeping "framebuffer-patch-enable" line in Devices/Properties for iMacPro1,1 setup. What is the reason for it with iGPU disabled?
And do I retain the whole line entry "framebuffer-patch-enable 01000000 DATA" that I originally used for UHD 630?

View attachment 419004
That's an error -- I'll correct it shortly. When iGPU is disabled, we do not need framebuffer-patch-enable. Also please Note that all 3 of those tips are outdated. They do not apply to 10.14.5 and later.