CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey @CaseySJ , did you chance upon a thread in another forum on OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. It's started by a guy called u/apianti. He's the developer for OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and strongly recommends against using it. Somehow had success with AptioMemoryFix-64.efi but for me I get a panic on reboot.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
I have this exact build with a Saffire RX580 and I've been having issues with Pro Audio Apps such as Ableton Live & Logic where I'm getting occasional audio glitches and drop outs when working in a project. The issue never occurred on this system when using Windows 10 with the same hardware. I've tried multiple USB Audio interfaces and I'm getting the same issue with both. (Scarlett 2i2 & Apogee Duet 2). If I run the audio to my monitor via the RX580 Display port output, it works fine. When listening to audio such as youtube or audio files, it works fine also. Any idea what it might be?

I'm running SMBIOS 19,1

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I wouldn’t say there’s a best memory kit because there are so many excellent choices. Because this is an Intel platform, we generally see the widest compatibility. AMD systems may be just a little more picky.

When choosing memory, l look for:
  • XMP 2.0 compatibility.
  • Memory speed. Anything over 3200MHz is generally unnecessary for content creation. Higher speed memory may have some benefits in intense gaming at high frame rates.
  • Choose a reputable manufacturer. Avoid no-name brands and unknown brands. Make sure it comes with Lifetime Warranty.
  • Also choose DIMMs with preinstalled heat sinks.
  • Choose Unbuffered DIMMs (UDIMMs). By default they are unbuffered. Buffered or ECC memory will clearly indicate that.
Having said this, memory capacities up to 64GB are no problem, but we’ve seen some one report of problems with 128GB in just the last couple of days.
Any thoughts on these? $145 shell shocker today https://www.newegg.com/ballistix-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820164116

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey @CaseySJ , did you chance upon a thread in another forum on OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. It's started by a guy called u/apianti. He's the developer for OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and strongly recommends against using it. Somehow had success with AptioMemoryFix-64.efi but for me I get a panic on reboot.
Came here to ask the same thing. I saw that post. Seems like some users there are able to successfully use AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.

The part about how the driver erases memory without checking is worrisome. I don't know the validity of the claims however.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock Z390 Phantom
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I managed to get it to work without the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. No crashes so far. The system definition had to be changed to iMacPro1,1 from 19.1 for me. I got it to work with the internal graphics and with RX590. Copy of my EFI is here without the serial/board numbers.
The ZIP has 2 folders.
Use this [EFI 20th July with new EFI updated - 4 and RX] with the RX and this [EFI 20th July with new EFI without RX - 5] without the RX - this has the Framebuffer patch applied.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I managed to get it to work without the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. No crashes so far. The system definition had to be changed to iMacPro1,1 from 19.1 for me. I got it to work with the internal graphics and with RX590. Copy of my EFI is here without the serial/board numbers.
Do you have any other PCI-e cards installed besides the RX590?

Motherboard
ASRock Z390 Phantom
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have the Wifi/Bluetooth PCI-e with Padarsey BCM94360CS2 in there. The RX590 is in slot 2. In addition there are 2 HDD and 2SSD (1 MACOS and 1 Win)

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I have the Wifi/Bluetooth PCI-e with Padarsey BCM94360CS2 in there. The RX590 is in slot 2.
Thanks. I've always been able to use AptioMemoryFix.efi with only my Vega installed. However, installing any other PCI-e card like my Fenvi T919 required the use of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. I'll give it another whirl with AptioMemoryFix.efi and multiple PCI-e cards and report back.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
EDIT 7/22/19 - I've reverted back to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, along with EmuVariableUefi.efi and RC scripts. While I'm able to boot with AptioMemoryFix.efi only, I don't get native NVRAM and KPs on reboot/shutdown. I was finally able to install EmuVariableUefi.efi along with RC scripts to emulate NVRAM, but it's so hit and miss; like once out of every 20 tries on boot I don't get an allocation error and am able to boot into macOS. I tried using various slide values per the dev's instructions, but it wasn't consistent either. Based on my board's memmap, it was either slide=0 or slide=229.

AptioMemoryFix.efi is working on my build. My parts are a little different than most in this thread..
PCI-e Cards
  • MSI Vega 56 Air Boost
  • HighPoint RocketRaid 2840A
  • Fenvi FV-T919
BIOS (F9) Changes after setting Optimized Defaults
  • XMP => Profile1
  • CSM => Disabled
  • Above 4G Decoding => Enabled
  • iGPU => Disabled
  • Windows 8/10 Features => Other OS
drivers\UEFI
kexts\Other

Last edited:

Rag

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
  • Internal Graphics => Disabled
I just do not use this setting:

Because when disabled, it generates a problem in PREViEW on the Mac with photos and PDF, they simply lock and do not open.
You have already tried using the preview to see if it works correctly with this option disabled. ?