- Oct 30, 2014
- Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
- RX 580
Holy Crap! I feel like such a noob. I apologize profusely, I must have been at the end of my mental capacity after 3 days of sitting in front of this computer and I had not plugged two of the 8 pin power connectors in properly. Plugged in. And she fired up straight away. There was a bit of a clitch and blackout when the white apple loading bar was about half way, purple and white pixel thin lines and then black for about 5 seconds and then back to the white apple loading bar, which competed booting!The Sapphire card is fine.
Do you see the BIOS splash screen through the Sapphire RX 580? And the Apple Logo during boot? But the monitor goes blank just prior to the Mojave Login prompt? Have you connected the extra PCI power cable(s) to the Sapphire card?
Attached file enables your HDMI port. It must of course be renamed to config.plist.
You should not see ??? in the bottom section of Hackintool --> Patch. If booting from the Mojave SSD results in a black screen and therefore you are forced to boot from the USB flash disk, then please try again with the attached file as follows:
- Connect the USB install disk to your Mac.
- Mount the EFI partition of the USB install disk.
- Rename and copy the attached file into the EFI/CLOVER folder.
- Eject USB
- Connect your monitor to HDMI port on the Hackintosh motherboard.
- In BIOS, set Initial Display Output to IGFX.
- Also ensure that IGFX is ENABLED in BIOS.
- Boot Hackintosh with the USB disk. Press F12 at BIOS Splash screen to select it.
- You should get accelerated graphics from the iGPU.
Is there a good methodology for checking through everything to double check that it's working?
About this Mac seems all correct info. Info tab in Hackintool all seem filled in correctly. Including VDA Decoder Fully Supported (important for me as I am a film editor).