Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yeah, I had a total brainfart. Thanks
Three points:
  1. It’s been suggested earlier in this thread that Windows should be installed in the M2M slot (closest to CPU) so that it updates/modifies its own EFI partition. Just as Linux enumerates all disks as /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc, etc. based on an internal hardware order, Windows does the same thing. It enumerates them as disk1, disk2, disk3, etc. and will update the EFI partition on the first disk that contains it. M2M is disk1. M2P is disk2, and the SATA ports take it from there. (I have not tested this myself.)
  2. For all of its (many) faults, Windows has a few good features. One of them being its ability to download and install just about all the drivers it needs. If you set BIOS -> Windows 8/10 Features to Windows 8/10 or Windows 8/10 WHQL before installing, it might be able to do a better job of configuring itself on your system. I did not need to download anything from the Gigabyte website. But if something (such as Thunderbolt) does not seem to be setup properly, then download and install the appropriate driver yourself. But give Windows a chance do it automatically. When Windows installation is done, change that BIOS parameter back to Other OS.
  3. You can search within a thread by clicking on any post in that thread, selecting the magnifying glass at the top right of the browser window, clicking on “Everywhere” and changing it to “This thread”.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
VideoProc is prioritizing the iGPU probably because its name is alphabetically ahead of the RX 580:
  • Intel HD Graphics...
  • RX 580
But regardless, the iGPU should be recognized as "Intel UHD 630". If you use WhateverGreen, it will be recognized correctly.
I am currently using Sysdef iMac19,1 with Lilu + WEG in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other and /Library/Extensions but, even so, HEVC is not supported in VideoProc
VideoProc 2.png

If you can remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section of your config.plist and upload it, I'll check your audio configuration.
OK, Added the EFI/CLOVER folder and the IOreg file if it could be useful
The problem is that connecting monitor with the DVI port I no longer have audio connecting speakers with the green rear port of the motherboard
Thanks again for Your help

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Three points:
  1. For all of its (many) faults, Windows has a few good features. One of them being its ability to download and install just about all the drivers it needs. If you set BIOS -> Windows 8/10 Features to Windows 8/10 or Windows 8/10 WHQL before installing, it might be able to do a better job of configuring itself on your system. I did not need to download anything from the Gigabyte website. But if something (such as Thunderbolt) does not seem to be setup properly, then download and install the appropriate driver yourself. But give Windows a chance do it automatically. When Windows installation is done, change that BIOS parameter back to Other OS.
Do you have the most up to date drivers? Or are the ones on Gigabytes site newer? Just curious, because on my Windows machine, I recently changed it over from Windows 7 to Windows 10 clean install. Some of the stuff was there, but some of the stuff still needed to be installed. I think related to USB, it also did not install my Thunderbolt 3 card but that is an add-in.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am currently using Sysdef iMac19,1 with Lilu + WEG in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other and /Library/Extensions but, even so, HEVC is not supported in VideoProc
View attachment 408503

OK, Added the EFI/CLOVER folder and the IOreg file if it could be useful
The problem is that connecting monitor with the DVI port I no longer have audio connecting speakers with the green rear port of the motherboard
Thanks again for Your help
Please try copying the attached kext to /Library/Extensions and rebuild kernel cache by running Kext Utility. If this works, I'll add it to the build guide.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Please try copying the attached kext to /Library/Extensions and rebuild kernel cache by running Kext Utility. If this works, I'll add it to the build guide.
I tried installing dummy141.kext (reboot with/without RX580 SSDT). Unfortunately, it doesn't solve the problem.
Any idea about Audio problem on the Rear Green port (motherboard)?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Did I understand it properly, that 2 black USB 2.0 ports will be unavailable even after all patches? Also, is it real to turn on audio in and out ports on front of the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX case?

I have almost same build:
Z390 Designare
i9-9900k
Radeon VII
Samsing EVO 970 1TB
Phanteks Evolve case.

I have everything working beside 2 USB ports and Front Panel audio ports. Also Radeon VII has a raw drivers for now (OS doesn't detect it`s clocks and temp).

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Did I understand it properly, that 2 black USB 2.0 ports will be unavailable even after all patches? Also, is it real to turn on audio in and out ports on front of the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX case?
The two black USB 2.0 ports will work after the USB SSDT is installed (this SSDT works with USBInjectAll.kext). The audio In/Out jacks on the front panel should work with latest AppleALC, but you may want to try different layouts. For example, try Layout 16 (recommended) as well as 7.

If you’re running 10.14.5, the Radeon VII should be properly managed. Clocks and Temps should be shown in iStat Menus, but if not, have a look at this:

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I tried installing dummy141.kext (reboot with/without RX580 SSDT), unfortunately, it doesn't solve the problem.
Any idea about Audio problem on the rear green port (motherboard)?
Your config.plist and CLOVER folder look good. I would suggest downloading the latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC. All three were updated 4 days ago and they support PlatformID 0x3E980003 for the first time. Boot time with this platform ID has come back down to normal. Be sure to rebuild kernel cache by running Kext Utility after updating these three kexts.

I would also suggest re-reviewing the steps under “Final Steps in Post Installation” (note the addition of “shikigva=60” to boot arguments).

A more drastic alternative would be to install macOS 10.14.5 from scratch on a spare SSD mounted inside an external USB 3 enclosure to see if HEVC, H.264, and audio problems disappear.

Motherboard
gigabyte designware z390
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Other
Hello again,

i'm running FCPx with
-i9 9900k
-designware z390
-64gb ram
-asus rog strix vega64

and i recently changed to iMac pro1,1 from [iMac 19,1] to try and get the maximum performance outta my system
though now videoproc is showing my gfxcard as N/A

i'm wondering if i'd be better served by using a SMBIOS that is closer to my actual components?
I now the iMacpro uses X chips versus our H chips
and for FCPx arent 2 gfx cards [iGPU + PCI gpu] better for performance?

@CaseySJ i'm hoping you have a moment to check my config out?
I pretty sure everything is correct - though I'm no expert
and i followed your amazing guide to a T [huge thanks for this guide once again!]

Thanks!!

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
The two black USB 2.0 ports will work after the USB SSDT is installed (this SSDT works with USBInjectAll.kext). The audio In/Out jacks on the front panel should work with latest AppleALC, but you may want to try different layouts. For example, try Layout 16 (recommended) as well as 7.

If you’re running 10.14.5, the Radeon VII should be properly managed. Clocks and Temps should be shown in iStat Menus, but if not, have a look at this:
Thank you, I have all USB ports working wit USBinjectall.kext now.
I updated AppleALC with the fresh version in Library/extensions and in EFI/Clover/kexts/others but front ports are still unavailable. Will try alternative layouts.
Yes I am on 10.14.5 and Radeon VII is detected properly. I will wait for less risky method of getting it`s hardware info.

Attachments