CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
If you look at Post #1, it's in his Post-Install Files.zip.
I seem to have read in some post that for "Designare" it is not necessary to install it...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
This Golden Build includes it in:

Now we need to install five (5) kexts to /Library/Extensions. All of these files are included in Post-Install Files.zip:
  • AppleALC.kext -- this enables onboard Realtek ALC-1220VB audio.
  • XHCI-Unsupported.kext -- this provides support for USB Controllers such as the 0xA36D controller on this motherboard.
  • FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext -- this modifies the sub-vendor ID of the Intel i211 to match Smalltree's sub-vendor ID.
  • FakePCIID.kext -- this applies the information provided in the kext above.
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext -- this contains a driver for the Intel i211 gigabit Ethernet controller.

Which are all for the hardware in this Build.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks Casey! How does this affect people with USB 2.0 front panel ports also hooked into the header (in my case, I have a Fractal Define R6). Should I just stick with the Fractal custom SSDT?
Good question. Some comments:
  • If you're not facing any Sleep/Wake problems with the existing USB SSDT for Fractal Design, then it's best to stay with the current configuration.
  • HS11 and HS12 are mapped to the two USB 2.0 front panel ports (labeled F2 and F3) on the Fractal Design Define R6. As such, the connector types are set to 0x00, thereby supporting removable / hot-pluggable USB devices.
  • However, if you are using HS11 and HS12 for Bluetooth, CPU cooler, or other USB device that will not be removed during operation, then it may be better to change connector type from 0x00 to 0xFF.
    • It's easy to make the change.
    • Download and run MaciASL.
    • Replace 0x00 with 0xFF as shown.
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 10.10.19 AM.png

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Casey

In V6 version is missing HS01.
Not in V3.
It's correct?
Max MJALT it's from V3.
Yes that's correct -- HS01 is the USB 2.0 virtual or logical port for the front panel USB 3.1 Gen 2 connector. We removed this because it would have exceeded the 15 port limit. And, of course, no one should be using USB 2 devices on a USB 3.1 Gen 2 port!

As for HS02, it does not exist on this motherboard.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just noticed, AppleALC is now available in 1.3.7 release version. Not sure if that helps but intro is written only 1.3.4 debug was available.

Thanks for pointing that out -- I've updated the build guide as follows:

"Onboard audio is controlled by the Realtek ALC 1220-VB chip, which is only supported by AppleALC version 1.3.4 and later. MultiBeast 11.2.0 or newer will be used during Post-Installation to install a newer version of AppleALC."

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
My system is rebooting every 5-20 minutes now. Did a fresh install and the problem is persisting (though it wasn't an issue during the install procedure). Going to run Memtest86 to see if it's a memory fault (I hope not, cause its going to take forever for them to be RMA'd and replaced).
Ouch... Memtest is the logical next step.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I seem to have read in some post that for "Designare" it is not necessary to install it...
I've found that the system will run without any apparent issues even without XHCI-Unsupported. But I would rather error on the side of caution and install this kext anyway.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Some suggestions:
  • Have you installed SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml?
  • Try deleting: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
    • You will have to add your network connections again in System Preferences --> Network
Yep - I did the post install of the NO-CNVW.aml and I also tried deleting and re-adding the network connection but the card is still acting really strange (and it seems to hang finder often too). Any other ideas to try or should I buy a new card/adapter and see if that works?

Also - an update - if I take the card out completely then Finder acts completely fine (so it's definitely an issue with the card/adapter but I can't tell if it's hardware or software)

Last edited: