Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@CaseySJ "Buy a new high quality USB 3.0 flash disk from a reputable manufacturer." was one the best instruction sentences on your Golden Build. I bought a new Samsung BAR Plus 32GB - 200MB/s USB 3.1 Flash Drive Champagne Silver and I shocked how fast it builded the installer. Thanks so much for all the good advice.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
On my machine the F_USB was recognized as internal without this change.
Where do you see F_USB as being internal? Version 5 of the USB SSDT sets HS11 and HS12 to Connector type Zero, which is equivalent to 0x00. This means USB 2.0 (removable devices).
So what does it mean then if there‘s „Zero“ set instead of „0x00“ or „0xFF“? Does it mean unspecified?
Some ACPI grammar definitions:
  • Keyword One is defined as 0x01 ("One" and "0x01" are equivalent)
  • Keyword Zero is defined as 0x00 ("Zero" and "0x00" are equivalent)
Boolean Ops:
  • Keyword Ones is defined as 0xFF
  • Boolean True is defined as Ones
  • Boolean False is defined as Zero

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
*** USB SSDT Updated to Version 6 ***

On this system we are connecting permanent devices to the motherboard's F_USB (USB 2.0) header that controls HS11 and HS12. These devices include:
  • Bluetooth data cable from a Broadcom WiFi/BT card.
  • CPU coolers that require a USB 2.0 connection.
  • Wireless remote controlled Power and Reset switch (SilverStone switch described in Components section)
  • Other devices that will not be hot-swapped.
Up to now, USB ports HS11 and HS12 were configured for ejectable / hot-swappable devices. But for improved Sleep/Wake compatibility with a wider set of PCIe cards, ports HS11 and HS12 have been reconfigured as Internal. This means we should not connect F_USB to front-panel ports (ports on the PC case). Instead, we should only connect devices that will not be removed during use.

The new USB SSDT is available in the updated Post-Install Files.zip attached to the bottom of Post 1. The filename is:
  • SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V6.aml
Everyone is encouraged to replace earlier versions with V6, but to keep a backup of the previous version just in case unexpected problems are encountered.

To install, backup then delete the previous version and copy new one to CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder in the EFI partition of the Mojave SSD.

Thanks to @JimSalabim for the discovery of this issue.

Motherboard
Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX580 Pulse

On this system we are connecting permanent devices to the motherboard's F_USB (USB 2.0) header that controls HS11 and HS12. These devices include:
  • Wireless remote controlled Power and Reset switch (SilverStone switch described in Components section)
Up to now, USB ports HS11 and HS12 were configured for ejectable / hot-swappable devices. But for improved Sleep/Wake compatibility with a wider set of PCIe cards, ports HS11 and HS12 have been reconfigured as Internal. This means we should not connect F_USB to front-panel ports (ports on the PC case). Instead, we should only connect devices that will not be removed during use.

The new USB SSDT is available in the updated Post-Install Files.zip attached to the bottom of Post 1. The filename is:
Everyone is encouraged to replace earlier versions with V6, but to keep a backup of the previous version just in case unexpected problems are encountered.

To install, backup then delete the previous version and copy new one to CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder in the EFI partition of the Mojave SSD.

Thanks Casey! How does this affect people with USB 2.0 front panel ports also hooked into the header (in my case, I have a Fractal Define R6). Should I just stick with the Fractal custom SSDT?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
First things that come to mind:
  • Power down the system and remove power cable. (Yes, remove power cable.)
  • Check that all 4 DIMMs are seated properly in their DIMM slots.
  • Power the system back on and enter BIOS Setup.
  • Check that BIOS F6 is running. Under certain circumstances the motherboard will automatically switch back to BIOS F3.
  • If F6 is running, go to "M.I.T." section and enable X.M.P. Memory Profile 1.
  • If F6 is not running, flash to F6 and set BIOS parameters.
  • Check that all 4 DIMMs are detected by the BIOS. One of the BIOS pages will show this.

Hi Casey

Just found it:

If I use SMBIOS 18.1 the Slot (Empty) appears...

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS

Hi Casey

In V6 version is missing HS01.
Not in V3.
It's correct?
Max MJALT it's from V3.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Some ACPI grammar definitions:
  • Keyword One is defined as 0x01 ("One" and "0x01" are equivalent)
  • Keyword Zero is defined as 0x00 ("Zero" and "0x00" are equivalent)
Boolean Ops:
  • Keyword Ones is defined as 0xFF
  • Boolean True is defined as Ones
  • Boolean False is defined as Zero
Thanks for the definitions! This was exactly what I was looking for.
Where do you see F_USB as being internal? Version 5 of the USB SSDT sets HS11 and HS12 to Connector type Zero, which is equivalent to 0x00. This means USB 2.0 (removable devices).
Interesting! In Hackintool they were shown as internal using version V5 on my machine (but as USB 2.0 on my friend’s machine).
Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-13 um 12.58.13.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
My system is rebooting every 5-20 minutes now. Did a fresh install and the problem is persisting (though it wasn't an issue during the install procedure). Going to run Memtest86 to see if it's a memory fault (I hope not, cause its going to take forever for them to be RMA'd and replaced).

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just noticed, AppleALC is now available in 1.3.7 release version. Not sure if that helps but intro is written only 1.3.4 debug was available.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
For the Fractal Design Define R6 I've updated the corresponding USB SSDT (SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-FD-V2):
  • DSL: This is the source file. I've added some explanations to the HS & SS ports. You can use this file with MaciASL to adopt the configuration to your needs. In order to use it with Clover it is necessary to save it in "ACPI Machine Language Binary" format.
  • AML: This is the "ACPI Machine Language Binary" of the DSL file.

Attachments