Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A new OpenIntelWireless build was released earlier today. If you're using the 2.0.0-alpha driver simply download the latest version, rename the file, and replace the existing file in OC/Kexts.

How to rename files:
  • After downloading the Big Sur version, rename it to AirportItlwm-Big-Sur.kext
  • After downloading the Catalina version, rename it to AirportItlwm-Catalina.kext
  • After downloading the Mojave version, rename it to AirportItlwm-Mojave.kext
Click here for more detailed instructions (if needed).

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 1.54.18 PM.png

UPDATE: This build seems to drop WiFi connections regularly. Not recommended.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe (1.0)
CPU
i9-10940X
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Hi, you recommend in post #16393 for the TitanRidge PCI-Card (v1) the macos-Firmware for 11.3 and up. Any reason for this? I am still on Catalina but think about BigSur...

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Hi, you recommend in post #16393 for the TitanRidge PCI-Card (v1) the macos-Firmware for 11.3 and up. Any reason for this? I am still on Catalina but think about BigSur...
Hello @ol2003,

We found that the NVM23 we modified for GC-Titan Ridge works in Catalina, but not in the latest versions of Big Sur. Hence Big Sur users should flash the other firmware (by DSM2) that we uploaded to the Repository.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Mater
CPU
Intel 9900k
Graphics
RTX2080
Hi Casey!

Today I did a clean re-install of Big Sur 11.2.1 because I messed up with my Windows partition. I wipe my whole SSD in the BIOS and did a clean installation with my working EFI files. However, I ended up with two problems.
The first one was in the booting process. I copy my EFI from my old system which is fully tested and make an installation USB based on it. OC version was 0.65
After installation I have three boot option in my BIOS:
1. Old EFI USB
2. New installation USB with same EFI
3. SSD drive where the Big Sur was in, I put the same EFI folder into the EFI partition

I can only boot by #2. Both #1 and #3 will give me black screen with single blinking underscore before the OpenCore boot picker. The blinking underscore will show up right after I exit the bios menu.

The second problem which bothered me more was the LG Ultrafine 5K monitor. (I have a dual monitor set, one is DP based and another is the thunderbolt based LG) It worked perfectly with flashed titan ridge card before re-installation. All I needed was booting into OSX first, reboot, and did a hot replug.
But now, things changed. For the first cold boot, both monitors lit up, like before. Then I reboot, the DP monitor lit up, LG monitor won't lit up but all the USB devices work. At this step, everything is the same. But when I replug the LG display trying to activate the monitor, I wouldn't be able to lit up the screen, and I also lost USB peripheral devices.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated!!! Thank you, sir!

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
*** Mini-Guide ***
Catalina/Big Sur: Configure Carbon Copy Cloner for One-Key Bootable Backup

Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link instead.​
...​
Thank you for this @CaseySJ !!!

This is GOLD! Just got it all set-up and it ran perfectly.

For any not using this yet and looking for solid back-ups, this is amazing.

Thanks so much to CaseySJ, @byteminer and any others who contribute.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just read that there may be one last i9 Intel iMac coming. A stay of execution for our way?
There's a gold mine of Mac rumors today! Lots of exciting details. Let's see what the new Intel-based Mac features. It may be an update to Mac Pro or a speed-bumped 27" iMac.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you for this @CaseySJ !!!

This is GOLD! Just got it all set-up and it ran perfectly.

For any not using this yet and looking for solid back-ups, this is amazing.

Thanks so much to CaseySJ, @byteminer and any others who contribute.
Glad to hear it! But please see this:

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 10.06.09 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
For the USB Hub yes that's the one, the NZXT AC-IUSBH-M3. No issue with it so far, my internal USB layout is like this :
  • Z390 Designare USB 2.0 header (F_USB)
    • NZXT AC-IUSBH-M3
      1. Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge (USB 2.0 header)
      2. Fenvi FV-T919 (Bluetooth USB header)
      3. Corsair Commander Pro (for which I used this"UPS" fix, a band-aid solution but it works)
        • Lightning Node Pro
      4. Unpopulated
Not issue so far, all connected devices work as expected.

I'm not, what would be the purpose of this ? I do however have an actual second monitor that is sometime plugged directly to the GPU but not at all time and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
My video output layout is like this :
  • AMD Radeon VII
    • DisplayPort Out 1
      • Gigabyte Z390 Designare - DisplayPort In
        • Gigabyte Z390 Designare - Thunderbolt Out (to use the onboard TB ports as video out if needed)
          • Usually unpopulated, sometime connected to the Ultrafine 5k for testing (it works fine except it's in 4k)
    • DisplayPort Out 2
      • Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge - Mini-DP In 1
        • Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge - Thunderbolt Out 1
          • LG Ultrafine 5k
    • DisplayPort Out 3
      • Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge - Mini-DP In 2
        • Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge - Thunderbolt Out 1
          • LG Ultrafine 5k
    • HDMI Out
      • Usually unpopulated, sometime with a WQHD HDMI display as a second monitor.

Hi @zakinster,

Thank you for pointing all of us to the Corsair Commander Pro "fix" for Big Sur! I may be doing something wrong, but I put "CommanderProFix.kext" in EFI/OC/Kexts and updated the NVRAM boot parameters with "-revbeta".

It isn't working as Big Sur still believes a UPS is connected.

I do have a few "iCUE Lighting Node Pro RGB Lighting Controllers" install also. Not sure (without opening things up and disconnecting them) if that could be causing it as well.

Did I configure the kext correctly?

Thanks,
Lam