Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After experimenting with the @BoBo88 EFI (with small changes, see spoiler), I at first thought I'd made some progress: at least I was getting to the Apple Progress Bar before going black. But then I added "-v" for troubleshooting and I got the same result as before. In fact, I was able to go back to my own EFI, minus the "-v", and got the same Apple Progress Bar as with @BoBo88's EFI.
So now we know that the problem is not in my EFI -- or at least he and I are making the same mistake.
What next? Do I experiment with a Framebuffer patch? Other ideas?
Is there any way you could borrow or transplant an AMD GPU for a short period of time?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Have you ran across any issues with your 580 being a little jumpy? On my Dell Ultra Wide Monitor things sort of shake a little bit. Its almost like windows shift a tiny fraction to the left then back to the right.
On my normal aspect ratio monitors (all four of them) I do not experience this stutter at all. I'm using both HDMI and DisplayPort connectors.
  • AOC Agon 27" 1440p
  • Asus Designo 27" 4K
  • Dell UltraSharp 27" 4K
  • BenQ 27" 4K

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
** OpenIntelWireless 2.0.0-alpha Drivers Released Today **

The new drivers finally support WiFi 5 (802.11ac) and WiFi 6 (802.11ax). They are still in development, but are good enough to be released to the public for alpha testing.

On the Z490 Vision D with Intel CNVi AX201 module, the new driver provides 200Mbps download on my 200Mbps Internet service. It's the same speed as wired Gigabit Ethernet.

Read all about it...

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock W480 Creator
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Is there any way you could borrow or transplant an AMD GPU for a short period of time?
Weird but I have a Power Color 5700XT Liquid Devil, but not sure I can set up a radiator and pump needed to cool it! Interesting problem... Will take me a couple days to solve, I think.
What will be the purpose of the AMD GPU? This will allow me to install macOS and the EFI onto the internal SSD, but I'll still have the same black screen problem after I remove the card, won't I?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
** Guide to Using HackinDROM Application to Update OpenCore **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link instead

Credit: @Inqnuam​

WOW. That was the smoothest update that I have ever done!! Well Done @Inqnuam. One thing that I did note is when I initially clicked on the 'Update Opencore' button, the HackinDROM application crashed, but I just had to re-open it from the Applications folder and it ran flawlessly after that. Even worked with USB mapping kext & auto-disabled SIP per my current setup :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
** OpenIntelWireless 2.0.0-alpha Drivers Released Today **

The new drivers finally support WiFi 5 (802.11ac) and WiFi 6 (802.11ax). They are still in development, but are good enough to be released to the public for alpha testing.

On the Z490 Vision D with Intel CNVi AX201 module, the new driver provides 200Mbps download on my 200Mbps Internet speed. It's the same speed as wired Gigabit Ethernet.

Read all about it...

For version 2.0, if I am switching from Fenvi, do I have to still physically remove the device, or does the new version bypass it? Would be interested to try, but my case makes it difficult to remove the card. :crazy:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For version 2.0, if I am switching from Fenvi, do I have to still physically remove the device, or does the new version bypass it? Would be interested to try, but my case makes it difficult to remove the card. :crazy:
It is necessary to physically remove the Fenvi. Otherwise there would be a conflict between two WiFi modules and two Bluetooth modules.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Weird but I have a Power Color 5700XT Liquid Devil, but not sure I can set up a radiator and pump needed to cool it! Interesting problem... Will take me a couple days to solve, I think.
What will be the purpose of the AMD GPU? This will allow me to install macOS and the EFI onto the internal SSD, but I'll still have the same black screen problem after I remove the card, won't I?
The purpose is to determine whether iGPU is causing the boot problem. If it is, then the best thing would be to buy an AMD GPU if you can find one.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This one is pretty "simple" to know
the value of ROM isn't correctly set
In his case it is "Cw53kXtk" in base 64 format (= 0B0E77917B64 in HEX) instead of "Cw53kXtE+OJ44ng="

How to fix simply:
  1. Open Terminal.app
  2. enter the code below but dont hit enter
  3. Then drag and drop your "bad" config.plist into Terminal window
  4. Hit enter
  5. Restart your Hackintosh
Code:
perl -i -pe 's/Cw53kXtE\+OJ44ng\=/Cw53kXtk/g'

You are absolutely right, the value of the "ROM" was wrong.
Fixed and working.
Thank you!!

Motherboard
ASRock W480 Creator
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
The purpose is to determine whether iGPU is causing the boot problem. If it is, then the best thing would be to buy an AMD GPU if you can find one.
OK, I will try the dGPU tomorrow. In the meantime, in order for the Thunderbolt to work, do I need a kext or SSDT for that?