RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Some general guidelines:
  • Download the correct version of AirportItlwm.kext for the version of macOS you're using. There are different builds for High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur.
  • Disable SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml
  • Set SecureBootModel to Disabled
  • Remove any other WiFi/BT card
For an example, please refer to the Z490 Vision D OpenCore 0.6.5/0.6.6 EFI zip files for OpenIntelWireless located here:
Thank you for the reply.

I did exactly as you wrote, copied the AirportItlwm.kext from the Z490 EFI (I'm on Catalina). But I still don't get my WiFi to show in the system report. I've got no prior WiFi BT card installed so I "only" need to work with the EFI and am not dual booting. Let me know if you'd need extra information.

Here are relevant screenshots of my config.plist.

The Kext Airportitlwm is added in OpenCore config. .
Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.14.59.png

Checked that SecureBootModel is set to Disabled (I couldn't find where to do this from in OC Configurator so edited the text with Sublime Text):

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.11.46.png

Device properties are set like the ones on the Z490.

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.15.13.png

My Wi-Fi in system report still doesn't show up.

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.16.45.png

edit: I managed to get wifi working using itlwm and heliport. But still would very much like to get AirportItlwm to work if I can. And learn something along the way.

edit-edit: After trying one last time with AirportItlwm and setting SystemBootModel to Default (not Disabled), it now works! Also speeds are the same as what I get with my WiFi router on other devices in the house, so it's a super win for me. I don't have a super fast internet anyways. Again @CaseySJ thank you for your help and finding out how to make this build.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.10.43.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.10.43.png
    272 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

edit-edit: After trying one last time with AirportItlwm and setting SystemBootModel to Default (not Disabled), it now works! Also speeds are the same as what I get with my WiFi router on other devices in the house, so it's a super win for me. I don't have a super fast internet anyways. Again @CaseySJ thank you for your help and finding out how to make this build.
Apologies, I fixed the original post to say “Default”. I’ve mixed up Default and Disabled several times before and will probably mix them up again. Anyway, glad it’s working.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Apologies, I fixed the original post to say “Default”. I’ve mixed up Default and Disabled several times before and will probably mix them up again. Anyway, glad it’s working.
I've worked it out while lurking the Aciendenthara FAQ and their mention of AirportItlwm. It was really what was needed to make it work.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've worked it out while lurking the Aciendenthara FAQ and their mention of AirportItlwm. It was really what was needed to make it work.
This is also stated in the OpenCore mini-guide in this thread:

D733AA13-7468-400E-AEA0-99B61F5D8DCF.jpeg

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is also stated in the OpenCore mini-guide in this thread:

View attachment 508636

Actually Default was the value needed to get AirportItlwm working. Disabled didn't "start" AirportItlwm.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Actually Default was the value needed to get AirportItlwm working. Disabled didn't "start" AirportItlwm.
That’s exactly what the mini-guide says. AirportItlwm is part of OpenIntelWireless. Just as Acidanthera is the group that makes OpenCore, Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC, VirtualSMC, etc., OpenIntelWireless is the group that makes both Intel WiFi and Intel Bluetooth drivers for Hackintosh.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Please try this:
  • Change Count from 0 to 1 as shown.
  • Double check that SATA Hot Plug is enabled in BIOS for the correct SATA ports.
  • Then please ensure that you are booting from the correct EFI partition (if you have more than one disk with OpenCore on it).
The Count I had already changed, but what fixed it for me was the BIOS setting. I didn't notice that had changed for some reason. Thank you!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
I am experiencing hiccups on my system drive lately. Write speed dropped to 450MB/sec, read speed at approx. 2100MB/sec. The only clue I have: When I run disk utility, it says that there's a problem with the partition table and the size of the EFI partition. Is that normal? The drive is: ADATA SX8200PNP

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What is your storage drive?
Have you tried to install Big Sur to another drive?

Yes, it's the Samsung 970 Evo. It previously had Mojave, but I wanted a fresh install. The Installer Log provides nothing helpful, just that thread 0 has crashed or something.

I'm now contemplating on making a Mojave usb then upgrading, but that seems like a pain in the ass.

EDIT:

@CaseySJ

This is pretty big actually. I figured it out. Basically, you can't install with any USBInjectAll-076.kext or USBInjectAll-071.kext preset. Although it seems you can upgrade just fine. I removed them and used the blue USB 3.0 ports on the back, and that seemed to let the installer proceed. Lots of the ports don't work, but I don't give a crap as long as I can install the damn thing.

I'm guessing there's something fundamentally wrong with the USB mapping. I'm attaching the EFI (minus serials) that finally let me select the disk and continue the installation.

I hope somebody smarter than me can figure out why this happened. It seems people have been upgrading a lot and not doing fresh installs so errors like this fall through the cracks.

EDIT 2:

It was the Commander Pro. You MUST disable the USB port it's on otherwise the installation things it's on reserved power. This was a waste of like 20 hours hahaha

Attachments

• OC-066.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro