1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ firstly sorry for the OT and big big thanks for your great works
I have flashed your nvm50 Drom on my GC Titan Ridge, mounted on a MSI H270 Gaming M3 running Big Sur, the card is correctly recognized but the hot plug don't work, I have connected the pins but if I disconnect everything from the AIC I'm unable to reconnect, if I have one port occupied the hot plug works..
the motherboard don't have nothing related to TB in their bios.
Can you tell me some advice where I can investigate for this issue? if you want I can send you my EFI or other infos you need.
Hello @basett1,

Are you saying that Thunderbolt hot plug works when only one port is connected? So hot plug works only on that one port as long as the second port is not occupied?

Motherboard
MSI H270 GAMING M3
CPU
i5-7600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello @basett1,

Are you saying that Thunderbolt hot plug works when only one port is connected? So hot plug works only on that one port as long as the second port is not occupied?
yes, as long as I have one port connected the other works, the moment I disconnect everything from the card it no longer works and I have to restart the system by connecting something.

EDIT
Sorry for the bad info, this is true for usb C not for thunderbolt. the thunderbolt hot plug works even if I disconnect both port.

there is some fix for USB?

sorry again for the wrong infos

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP OEM
CPU
2x E5-2696 V2
Graphics
RX 5600 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good to know!

I wish we knew. Gigabyte introduced changes related to Resizeable Base Address Register (BAR), but even when we disable this feature the problem remains.

It would be a good idea to try one or two previous versions of BIOS.

By the way, with the original unflashed Thunderbolt firmware, do you see the two USB 3.x ports in IOReg (SSP1 and SSP2)?
Ok, I will try some previous FW versions. But before I do this, I will try it with the original TB FW. I haven't actually tested that yet.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
yes, as long as I have one port connected the other works, the moment I disconnect everything from the card it no longer works and I have to restart the system by connecting something.

EDIT
Sorry for the bad info, this is true for usb C not for thunderbolt. the thunderbolt hot plug works even if I disconnect both port.

there is some fix for USB?

sorry again for the wrong infos
Ok, that makes more sense because this is a known issue with NVM50 where Thunderbolt hot plug is okay, but USB-C devices must be connected prior to boot.

Please try flashing the Designare Z390 firmware into your GC-Titan Ridge (yes you read that right :)).
  • DESIGNARE-Z390-NVM33-Elias64Fr.bin
  • Click here for Repository

Motherboard
MSI H270 GAMING M3
CPU
i5-7600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok, that makes more sense because this is a known issue with NVM50 where Thunderbolt hot plug is okay, but USB-C devices must be connected prior to boot.

Please try flashing the Designare Z390 firmware into your GC-Titan Ridge (yes you read that right :)).
Thank you for now, I update you with results.
Another question, I have tried to transfer file from hack to nuc with windows 10 but the transfer rate is soooooo slow, about 30 minutes for 6gb. it's other common problems? in few days I have a thunderbolt name enclosure for other test, for now thunderboltIP it's the only test I can make :problem:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core I9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Please remind me which version of BIOS you are running. Also double check that BIOS --> Boot --> CFG-Lock is Disabled.
Running F9g. Confirmed CFG-Lock is Disabled

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 5.18.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 5.18.27 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
HD 630HD + RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
@CaseySJ - In the Thunderbolt repository, you have an NVM33 from the onboard Designare and there is also an NVM33 from the onboard Aorus Extreme. Were there any differences between the two, or were they very similar? I ask this because I got an itch to try NVM33 again, and this time I tried the patched Aorus Extreme version on my GC-Titan Ridge Rev2 card. I've had it installed for about a week now and I have to say it's behaving much better than the Designare version. I can even reboot into Windows and it sees all three monitors (2 via Thunderbolt).

Motherboard
MSI H270 GAMING M3
CPU
i5-7600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

Hey @CaseySJ glad to inform you as you said with this DROM the USB C hotplug works perfectly.
Unfortunately, the transfer between two devices is still very slow, and seems to slow down the hack.
Here is my Git where you can see everything regard this build Basett1 github

Motherboard
Asus X299-A II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
These files are correct. I would like to see the IOReg file when this exact same Thunderbolt SSDT is used with the flashed controller. I am puzzled why the Thunderbolt device tree did not appear correctly in the previous IOReg file.
@CaseySJ That's the IOReg "Antelope NO" I sent you already, I'm attaching it here again.
Please let me know...

Attachments

• Antelope NO.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

Do not hesitate to tell me if this shouldn't be posted here. As perhaps due to the beta nature of the kext this isn't the proper place to discuss it.

I'm trying to get Airportitlwm to work on by build, which is now with OC 0.6.5 and the very same as the one in the beginning of the thread. I can't afford a WiFi card now, and I am getting tired of tethering through my phone of my old MacBook which has become a glorified WiFi card. I edited config.plist with Sublime text. But I keep getting errors on boot. I'm wondering where I am doing wrong.

I tried following all of the instructions here: https://github.com/daliansky/XiaoMi...e-Native-Intel-Wireless-Card#use-airportitlwm.

After inserting in the kext the following:
XML:
<dict>
    <key>Arch</key>
    <string>x86_64</string>
    <key>BundlePath</key>
    <string>AirportItlwm.kext</string>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Intel Wi-Fi driver</string>
    <key>Enabled</key>
    <true/>
    <key>ExecutablePath</key>
    <string>Contents/MacOS/AirportItlwm</string>
    <key>MaxKernel</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>MinKernel</key>
    <string>17.0.0</string>
    <key>PlistPath</key>
    <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
</dict>

I also tried with disabling SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml as suggested by CaseySJ in a couple replies before.

I tried both changing DmgLoading to Signed & SecureBootModel to Default and the other option described by using the following options:
XML:
<key>Force</key>
<array>
    <dict>
        <key>Arch</key>
        <string>Any</string>
        <key>BundlePath</key>
        <string>System/Library/Extensions/corecapture.kext</string>
        <key>Comment</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>Enabled</key>
        <true/>