[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designaire z390
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Radeon 580x
Hello

I'm having some issues with the booting post-install. I followed all the directions very closely but it won't boot up besides from USB. Sometimes it hangs on this panic, other times it just goes black

I'm wondering if the USB patches are causing issues? I don't have a Fractal Design R6 so I didn't install the custom USB SSDT

Running 10.14.6 but open to using catalina or big sur if its less problematic

Attachments

• debug.txt
    51.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210113_173625.jpg
    20210113_173625.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 6
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming M
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Anyone know how to resolve the "Bluetooth not available" error with that squiggly line through the menu icon ?

I've tried every possible combination of unload/load/pkill, etc., etc., to no avail
I've written enough shell scripts at this point with various things to try & fix this.

sudo kextunload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetooth20703USBTransport
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport
sudo kextload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport
sudo kextload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetooth20703USBTransport

etc., etc.

I know a reboot fixes this issue, but its so intermittent its just annoying

This happens to me as well coming out of sleep sometimes. I keep a spare keyboard plugged in via USB when it does happen. If I put the computer back to sleep again and wake it back up, usually bluetooth will work again without restarting.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
I9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
If you use the latest OpenCore EFI, the unknown device should disappear because all SSDTs in that EFI folder are applied conditionally for macOS only. However, if you have a Broadcom WiFi/BT card such as Fenvi, it can appear in Windows Device Manager with an exclamation or question mark. Because Windows can use the Intel WiFi/BT module, we should actually not install Broadcom drivers in Windows.
@CaseySJ
I'm on Opencore .6.5, is this the one you are referring to? I also don't have a WiFi/BT card installed, I'm only using the standard one built into the Designare MB. So what should I do?

Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390 Plus Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Perhaps the lag is due to 30Hz refresh rate instead of 60Hz. Please do the following:
  • Open a Terminal window.
  • Type: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/MacOS/AGDCDiagnose -a > ~/Documents/AGDCDiagnose.txt 2>&1
  • In Documents folder you will find a new file called AGDCDiagnose.txt
  • Post that file
Here it is;

Attachments

• AGDCDiagnose.txt
    18.2 KB · Views: 4
Motherboard
z390 designare
CPU
Graphics
5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys.

I get strange bug — macOS starts very slow, loading on Apple logo(about 3-4 minutes). Then I turn it on and primary DP display that doesn't show anything, just black screen. Only works HDMI display.

Unplug and plug don't works. OpenCore 0.6.5, RX5700XT.

Any ideas?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
I was getting the same error with an older version of CCC. Are you running 5.1.25-b3 (build 6152)? This is a beta version, but still recommended. To be notified of beta releases, simply open CCC's Preferences dialog and select this option:
View attachment 504890
Done CCC Version 5.1.25-b4 (6153)!
Now working like a charm :headbang:
Thanks Casey ur the best

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks so much for the guidance!!! It worked like a charm .... first got the F9i firmware update from the gigabyte website. The only thing to note is that you need to save your BIOS params to an external disk, as a firmware update destroys that data. Not a big deal. So I re-did BIOS params setup, F7, disable VT-d, enable internal graphics, enable above 4G, set TB security level to no security, enable TB USB support, enable GPIO3 Force Pwr, enabled USB XHCI Handoff, window features set to Other OS, CSM support disabled and CFG-Lock disabled. On the USB EFI partition I copied over CaseySJ's OC 0.6.5, copied AMD to config.plist, edited the ROM, MLB, UUID, Serial Number and System type. Then copied over SSDT-GPRW.aml from Clover's EFi, and used the OC configurator to add a reference to it, and also created a patch for that SSDT. Except from some strange message about Deduplicate something when EFI boots - not sure what is - or if it matters, Catalina seems to be working perfect booting from OC. I'll play with the system a few days, make sure is completely stable, and I guess I can just use the System Preferences -> Software Update to update to Big Sur, after making a Catalina backup.

Thanks so much CaseySJ and all the other people that kindly helped me!

Just wanted everyone to know that using System Preferences -> Software Update worked without any issues to upgrade to Big Sur, no problems to report - except that Parallels stopped working, not a big deal, can fix that with an upgrade. I did that about 5 days ago and so far all works - sleep, sound, apps, scanning, printing, microsoft office 2016, website, wifi, bluetooth, continuity, etc. I didn't even bother to re-create macports, still using the same ports from Catalina, so far it all works ...

Thanks again so much CaseySJ and all the people that kindly helped me!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys.

I get strange bug — macOS starts very slow, loading on Apple logo(about 3-4 minutes). Then I turn it on and primary DP display that doesn't show anything, just black screen. Only works HDMI display.

Unplug and plug don't works. OpenCore 0.6.5, RX5700XT.

Any ideas?
Can you please provide more details such as:
  • What is the make/model of your monitor?
  • Are you running Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur?
  • DisplayPort connection from RX 5700 XT to your monitor does not work? Monitor stays black?
    • Even unplugging and reconnecting the DP cable does not help?
  • But HDMI connection to the monitor works correctly?
  • If you connect both HDMI and DP cables at the same time, do both ports work? Or only HDMI?
  • Was DisplayPort working properly with previous version of OpenCore?
    • If not, when did the problem first occur?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here it is;
Unfortunately there's no mention of refresh rate in the log. There are many reasons why we strongly recommend AMD GPUs and ask users to avoid using iGPU to drive a display monitor.

Nevertheless, please describe what you mean by this:
Cause when I setting full 4K UI much smoother. When I choose another scaled version UI starting lag.
  • At "full 4K" the UI is smooth?
  • At a different scaled setting, the UI starts to lag?
    • If so, which scaled settings cause the lag? You can post screenshot.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

I'm having some issues with the booting post-install. I followed all the directions very closely but it won't boot up besides from USB. Sometimes it hangs on this panic, other times it just goes black

I'm wondering if the USB patches are causing issues? I don't have a Fractal Design R6 so I didn't install the custom USB SSDT

Running 10.14.6 but open to using catalina or big sur if its less problematic
Some questions:
  • Are you saying that if you boot from the USB flash disk then Mojave 10.14.6 starts normally?
  • But when you boot from the internal Mojave SSD, then 10.14.6 either crashes or the screen goes blank?