- Sep 21, 2013
- Gigabyte Z390 Designare
- RX 580
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Aside from the Little Snitch 4 issue, is there any reason why we couldn't run the above-mentioned kernel extensions from the EFI?One of the kernel extensions is LittleSnitch. If you're running Version 4, it's necessary to upgrade to Version 5 for Big Sur:
View attachment 503005
If the same problem (kernel panic or similar) happens again, it may be necessary to remove one or more additional kernel extensions:
- Restore the main drive from the backup.
- Boot from the main drive to ensure Catalina is up and running properly.
- Upgrade LittleSnitch to Version 5.
- Disconnect all Thunderbolt and USB audio devices.
- Then try the Big Sur upgrade once again.