CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Be careful not to use paragon on windows to access a mac system drive as i have seen many issues here because of that

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Be careful not to use paragon on windows to access a mac system drive as i have seen many issues here because of that
Yes, happened to me on my MBP 2011: OSX partition rendered completely unbootable. Paragon NTFS is safe but Paragon HFS, not...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. Quadra
  7. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay. Thanks everyone. To minimize this apparent risk of a brickpocalypse, I'll use a 1TB ExFAT SSD as an intermediary/transfer drive to the 1TB NTFS SSD.

Update: Well that was a treat: APFS to ExFAT to NTFS. It was faster with a Startech SATA to USB adapter than trying to do it over the network. I got all of the sample and SFX libraries safely moved onto a secondary NTFS SSD in Windows, then shut it all down and physically disconnected the NTFS volumes.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590

So what's the best/less dangerous alternative for using Mac drives on Windows?

Motherboard
z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone else had their Bluetooth and some USB ports just suddenly die? It keeps happening to me since the update. Everything works on a fresh boot then after a while the Bluetooth just loses connection and several of the onboard USB ports die as well. System is still up and if I switch to a different USB I can get wired keyboard and mouse to work.

Strange.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had Catalina 15.3:( do I need to upgrade or make a fresh installation?
Thanks for your fast response CaseySJ>
If you're on 10.15.3 then it's necessary to update BIOS to F9g or higher and set BIOS Setup --> BOOT --> CFG-Lock to Disabled.

Always start by making a full bootable backup! That will be your safety net if anything goes wrong.

If you are on Clover, it will be necessary to switch to OpenCore. Please see the sequence of steps in the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 11.41.27 AM.png

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Has anyone else had their Bluetooth and some USB ports just suddenly die? It keeps happening to me since the update. Everything works on a fresh boot then after a while the Bluetooth just loses connection and several of the onboard USB ports die as well. System is still up and if I switch to a different USB I can get wired keyboard and mouse to work.

Strange.
Has happened to me on and off since Mojave, but it has been worse for me on Big Sur. For me, the Bluetooth and USB tend to only crash when I'm using Zoom/Teams/WebEx and other applications.