Graphics
Vega FE
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ is it possible to boot into recovery mode via gui opencore 0.6.3 picker? or do we need to wait on bootloader devs to add this feature? it would be nice because that is one thing i miss from clover gui picker was the option to add or disable recovery partion disk...

edit: to access recovery partition press space in gui picker as per mentioned in opencore 0.6.1 update post for designare z390.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390 Thunderbolt 3
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Please use this EFI folder and let us know.
This is a correct EFI folder for your system, this should work if you have configured BIOS parameters like in Post #1
View attachment 496008
+ CFG-Lock disable
Thhkx a lot

I made your recommendations and I redid a usb key and I redone the bios configuration with an optimized load bios default and it is installed on a disk, I will keep you posted

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Is there any indication in Big Sur that it will support the new AMD 6800 XT video card that will be released next week?

Motherboard
Asus Tuf Z390 Pro wifi
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
Hello, just a message to thanks for this wonderful thread. I have Designare z390, I9 9900, 4 x16gb Kingstone 3733 MHZ, Samsung Evo Pro 1TB as SSD1 and WD Black NVME as SSD2, where I have a mirror installation of the system. Which, BTW, works perfectly with no issues known until now.

Anyway, I just updated to BigSur. First I had to migrate to or-encore 0.6.3 and in this matter the information in this thread was key.

Opencore is a little bit tricky to be installed, but honestly, It is way better than clover. I had everything working with clover, but with Opencore everything is faster and smoother. In my opinion is a 100% real Mac experience. So I recommend everyone to switch to Opencore as soon as possible.

Thanks again Casey.:clap:

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
I don't see my windows 10 ssd disk anymore
Is it because of the option in the other os bios?

is there a solution to have it again without changing this option?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I have been following the forum for a long time and so far I have not had a problem. Now the clean installation of Big Sur fails and I can't find a solution. I don't understand the reason either.

I have a working backup of Catalina so I can try different solutions.

The Big Sur installer USB starts (oc 0.6.3) and then the installation. However, after the first restart, about 23-21 minutes before completion, the caption shown in the image will be received. I tried another usb key, tried to download the Big Sur installer again. I tried port 2.0, port 3.0. But constantly, this message is the end result.

I've searched for the bug here and in other forums, but I can't find a solution. Maybe if I understood the error, I would find a solution.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Thank you very much for the answers

Peet

Attachments

• IMG_1906.jpeg
    IMG_1906.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 29

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't see my windows 10 ssd disk anymore
Is it because of the option in the other os bios?

is there a solution to have it again without changing this option?
Are you saying that Windows disk does not appear in OpenCore Picker? Try shutdown and turn off power switch on PSU for 10 seconds. Then try again.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Hi!

I have been following the forum for a long time and so far I have not had a problem. Now the clean installation of Big Sur fails and I can't find a solution. I don't understand the reason either.

I have a working backup of Catalina so I can try different solutions.

The Big Sur installer USB starts (oc 0.6.3) and then the installation. However, after the first restart, about 23-21 minutes before completion, the caption shown in the image will be received. I tried another usb key, tried to download the Big Sur installer again. I tried port 2.0, port 3.0. But constantly, this message is the end result.

I've searched for the bug here and in other forums, but I can't find a solution. Maybe if I understood the error, I would find a solution.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Thank you very much for the answers

Peet
I found this on a site I hope it can help you

Set the SUS server to the DeveloperSeed SUS URL.​

To resolve this issue we can use the nvram binary to set the SUS catalog to the correct one that has the BridgeOS update that we need.
sudo nvram IASUCatalogURL=https://swscan.apple.com/content/ca...n-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog
You can use sudo nvram -p to view all the nvram settings.
NOTE! When you are done with the upgrade, don’t forget to remove the value!
sudo nvram -d IASUCatalogURL

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

I followed all of the instructions but when I select the internal macOs Disk using the bootable usb it stays in the loading apple page and doesn't go forward is it ok?