Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I Have Z390 Designare, your Motherboard. With the internal Thunderbolt flashed with correct firmware.
everything have been followed .

Nop, anything work. If i just boot with them (as you do when you dont have hotplug ) also 1 only is dettected.
Also, if i delete the hotplug dsdt , any thunderbolt work (with or without hotplug) .

Before flashing was working both. and with a Titan Ridge PCie Card in other hackintosh that have here, works fine also. Only happens in the flashed Z390 Designare.

Regards.
Did this problem start recently or did it start as soon as the firmware was flashed?

If the problem does not occur with original firmware, you can always flash the original firmware back.

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-9960X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
It have appeared just after flash.
But why could it happen? Could you check at my system reports?
I had attached and ioreg and my files.

BTW, all the Z390 Designare have the same firmware as stock? Thanks.

Motherboard
Gigabyte designare z390
CPU
I7 9700K
Graphics
rx580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i attach the iorej file i would like you to see if everything is ok after flashing the thunderbolt when i close my computer it restarts all by itself. why can you help i have thermaltake fan conecte to the internal usb port of the designare z390.

Attachments

• Kevin hackintosh redg edit.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 29

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It have appeared just after flash.
But why could it happen? Could you check at my system reports?
I had attached and ioreg and my files.

BTW, all the Z390 Designare have the same firmware as stock? Thanks.
I checked your IOReg and screenshots. Everything looks fine in terms of system configuration. Thunderbolt is properly set up. Even Thunderbolt Switch at port 7 is enabled.

All Z390 Designares have the same original firmware. The "scratch" areas of the firmware will be different, but they have no effect. So you can flash anyone's original Designare Z390 firmware.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i attach the iorej file i would like you to see if everything is ok after flashing the thunderbolt when i close my computer it restarts all by itself. why can you help i have thermaltake fan conecte to the internal usb port of the designare z390.
Very good. Your Thunderbolt is properly configured.

If you disconnect the Thermaltake fan from the USB port, does it solve the problem?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just wondering if I could get some advice please.

I'm currently running a stable clover build running 10.14.6 after following @CaseySJ build (THANK YOU!!!!)

Its running really well but I'm getting nagged to death about the security update and supplemental OS update. Also I'm a little bothered about using it online and not having the security patches up to date....

Do I need to do anything to the build (update kexts etc) before running the updates?

I'm trying to avoid having to go down the whole OC route as this was my first Hackintosh and I use it daily for work. I'm pretty nervous about trashing a working build!!! I will go OC and Catalina if that's the only option but for now I'm happy on Mojave, its just the security updates and OS updates that bother me.

I do keep an up to date bootable backup but it does bother me!

So Mojave security update 2020-005 ?
OS Supplemental update?

Help!!!!!
I've taken control of "updates" –I've disabled "auto updates" so that I can test OS Mojave updates to make sure that it doesn't break my OC 0.6.3/Mojave Pro Tools system. SIP is enabled on my system only because I've switched to OpenCore. YMMV...
So far as Catalina is concerned, this is my method of quelling the nagging. But it's not permanent:

Using the Terminal utility:

sudo softwareupdate --ignore "macOS Catalina"

You can disable the red ‘badge’ with this Terminal command:

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences AttentionPrefBundleIDs 0

Press Return. Next use this command to relaunch the Dock:

killall Dock

You may want to save these instructions.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ

I am hoping you could help me out. I have the same setup as this guide except for the processor(i9900) and case (cooler master h500p mesh). I seem to be running into an issue.

Everytime I reboot/turn on my computer/un-sleep, my computer, extra non-active Type C + SW USBs are still being added.

I have already deleted them using Hackintool and loaded the proper kext, UIAC, USBX etc..

Do you have any suggestions?

Attachments

• 6. After reboot_unsleep.png
    6. After reboot_unsleep.png
    657 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ

I am hoping you could help me out. I have the same setup as this guide except for the processor(i9900) and case (cooler master h500p mesh). I seem to be running into an issue.

Everytime I reboot/turn on my computer/un-sleep, my computer, extra non-active Type C + SW USBs are still being added.

I have already deleted them using Hackintool and loaded the proper kext, UIAC, USBX etc..

Do you have any suggestions?
This might be a Hackintool issue. The definitive place to look is in IORegistryExplorer under XHC and XHC5. If in doubt, simply run IORegistryExplorer followed by File --> Save As... and post the saved file.

Last edited: