Motherboard
Asus X99-A II
CPU
i7-6800K + (10.14.6) Mojave
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
What options are available under Thunderbolt Boot Support? If you only see Enabled and Disabled, have you tried both settings?

View attachment 494944

On Asus X99 we should use Thunderbolt header (THB_C) and we should not connect the middle and top pins.

Do you have any other Thunderbolt devices with which to test hot plug?

I have tried both options but with no luck

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900
Graphics
5700XT
Slightly off topic, but since I upgraded my bios I've been unable to have the POST/FastBoot screen or the BIOS display at a higher resolution - it's back to the horrible stretched low resolution mess.

I remember a while ago it went to a much higher res after I'd disabled CSM support (I'm running a 5700xt), but this is still disabled.

I can't see anything obvious in the BIOS settings, nor can I find much info on this around the web. Anyone have any tips? My custom splash image looks like hot garbage.

EDIT: I've just tried Windows 8/10 WHQL mode instead of Other OS and I now have full resolution again.
-> Does this cause any side effects? The system seems to be booting fine.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-9960X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello @CaseySJ ,
I have a flashed Thunderbolt and "Working" Z390 Designare i9 9900K , Vega 64.

Have 2 Universal Audio Devices. An Apollo Twin Audio interface and UAD 2 Satellite.

Works hotplug, works everything, but you cant connect both devices at the same time.
If you connect both, only one is detected. Happens the same in cascade mode or using the two Mobo ports.

Both appears in thunderbolt control panel in preferences, but not in universal audio control panel (only 1).

Any idea why could it be?
I Have tried all SMBIOS, different Bios versions, etc... Nothing changes....

I attach here all the files:

Thanks you so much!

Attachments

• iMac de Pedro.ioreg
    28.8 MB · Views: 17
  • Send me iMac-de-Pedro.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 1.png
    1.png
    411.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.png
    2.png
    514.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 3.png
    3.png
    214 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Motherboard
Designare z390
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
@CaseySJ I deleted the bluetooth plist file ,and that solved my bluetooth issue... but it also broke the wifi. Switching the fenvi away and back to the 1x slot, deleting the airport/networking/bluetooth plists, and resetting NVRAM on first boot set things back to normal. Worth putting this on the forum just in case anyone else has the bad fortune to also deal with this haha.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @CaseySJ ,
I have a flashed Thunderbolt and "Working" Z390 Gaming X, i9 9900K , Vega 64.

Have 2 Universal Audio Devices. An Apollo Twin Audio interface and UAD 2 Satellite.

Works hotplug, works everything, but you cant connect both devices at the same time.
If you connect both, only one is detected. Happens the same in cascade mode or using the two Mobo ports.

Both appears in thunderbolt control panel in preferences, but not in universal audio control panel (only 1).

Any idea why could it be?
I Have tried all SMBIOS, different Bios versions, etc... Nothing changes....

I attach here all the files:

Thanks you so much!
Hello @srmusico,

Are you using GC-Titan Ridge?

If you (a) boot the system with both Twin and Satellite connected, and then (b) reboot the system and log back in, then are both devices functional in macOS?

Motherboard
Thinkstation P330 Q370
CPU
i9 9900
Graphics
RX590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's what I suspected based on @dgsga's last post in this thread. Please flash the firmware indicated in the screenshot below, which can be downloaded from the Repository.

View attachment 494894
I have flashed the modified firmware for Asrock Z490 ITX/TB3 into my HP Thunderbolt Add-in-card, it is still NO hardware was found in the system info.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@srmusico

Ah, I was going to suggest that you try connecting the Satellite from the Apollo, but I think that unit only has one Thunderbolt port and not two of them.

Also, make certain that both units are running not ony the latest software, but the latest firmware or they won't talk to each other.

FWIW, I've had nothin' but problems with recording gear and Sleep, even on the realest, fanciest Macs. It's not worth the hassle:

etc, etc, etc...

Attachments

• Poke the buttons, there's a new update.png
    Poke the buttons, there's a new update.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
Last edited: