Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
@CaseySJ
Hi.
Can you please tell me what I need to change after switching to the GPU?
I have been using the iGPU for over a year. I have now bought the rx570.
I don't have JPG preview working now.
Defined as Mac mini (2018).

Thank you!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ
Hi.
Can you please tell me what I need to change after switching to the GPU?
I have been using the iGPU for over a year. I have now bought the rx570.
I don't have JPG preview working now.
Defined as Mac mini (2018).

Thank you!
Are you using Clover or OpenCore?

Motherboard
Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
Graphics
Rx580
Please look inside the SSDTs and you'll find the answers.
I checked all of your SSDT's. I didn't find any similarity compared to AWAC in your SSDT's. I have 2 other open core EFI's to compare. Both like you don't have AWAC SSDT in there, but on dortania is mentioned to use it is very important...I really don't get it...Could you give me a direction?

Motherboard
ASUS WS Sage X299 / 10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
*** Thunderbolt DROM Micro-Guide for Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge V1.0 ***
Please do not quote this micro-guide in its entirety. Post a link instead.​
Posted this in a different thread- realized a week later that I’d probably get a response if I actually quoted the procedure I’m stuck on. Hopefully @CaseySJ or @djlild7hina can chime in :)

Here's what else is happening.

- Before I flashed it, I always had to unplug / replug the card right after I powered it up for the card to work. That still applies, but now, I can't even see the BIOS or any of the verbose mode during boot (which I always leave on). In fact, the monitors shut off due to no signal, then pop on once MacOS is booted. I guess this is a side-effect of using the flashed BIOS and the MiniDisplayPort cables routing from the video card to the Titan Ridge (if I need the BIOS, I can plug an HDMI in directly- so that's not the end of the world).

- If I follow what’s quoted, I can't get anything to connect to my Titan Ridge in any capacity. (I'm sure it's related to setting it to PC00 as @CaseySJ and I discussed previously in a different thread), but I'm wondering if I did the process wrong.

- In System Report on the Hackintosh, the speed shows as 20Gb/s x2. I'm assuming this is also normal?

- As stated at the beginning, hot plug is completely gone. Before the flash, if I unplugged/replugged everything came back normally. Now, I have to either plug in an HDMI or just hold the power button for 5 seconds .... then because of the connected Thunderbolt 3 dock not powering on boot (an issue I had when TB3 was fully functioning with the old firmware), I have to unplug the Thunderbolt 3 cable when I power up, wait a second or 2, then plug it in :lol:

Any advice would be great lol. As it stands now, I'm using the original AML files @CaseySJ supplied me earlier in the other thread and it's running all my devices like it did, except now with Thunderbolt 3 showing up in the System Report & no hot-plug at all.... so I'm getting SOMEWHERE LOL

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I checked all of your SSDT's. I didn't find any similarity compared to AWAC in your SSDT's. I have 2 other open core EFI's to compare. Both like you don't have AWAC SSDT in there, but on dortania is mentioned to use it is very important...I really don't get it...Could you give me a direction?

Please see the Dortania sentence shown below.
  • The word most does not mean "all".
  • If this SSDT was necessary, then Z390 Designare would not boot without it.
  • And yet it's booting and working very well.
ergo:
  • SSDT-AWAC is not necessary on Z390 Designare.
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.35.10 PM.png

Now contrast that with the version below for Comet Lake (note the word all):

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.40.46 PM.png

SSDT-AWAC is necessary for Z490 Vision D, which is why it is already included in the Gigabyte Z490 Vision D OpenCore EFI zip.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

- Before I flashed it, I always had to unplug / replug the card right after I powered it up for the card to work. That still applies, but now, I can't even see the BIOS or any of the verbose mode during boot (which I always leave on). In fact, the monitors shut off due to no signal, then pop on once MacOS is booted. I guess this is a side-effect of using the flashed BIOS and the MiniDisplayPort cables routing from the video card to the Titan Ridge (if I need the BIOS, I can plug an HDMI in directly- so that's not the end of the world).
This might be fixable with an HDMI Ghost Plug (the word "might" does not mean it will be fixable). Consider using something like this:
- If I follow what’s quoted, I can't get anything to connect to my Titan Ridge in any capacity. (I'm sure it's related to setting it to PC00 as @CaseySJ and I discussed previously in a different thread), but I'm wondering if I did the process wrong.

- In System Report on the Hackintosh, the speed shows as 20Gb/s x2. I'm assuming this is also normal?
Let's have a look at the following:
  • IOReg file
  • Thunderbolt SSDT

- As stated at the beginning, hot plug is completely gone. Before the flash, if I unplugged/replugged everything came back normally. Now, I have to either plug in an HDMI or just hold the power button for 5 seconds .... then because of the connected Thunderbolt 3 dock not powering on boot (an issue I had when TB3 was fully functioning with the old firmware), I have to unplug the Thunderbolt 3 cable when I power up, wait a second or 2, then plug it in :lol:

Any advice would be great lol. As it stands now, I'm using the original AML files @CaseySJ supplied me earlier in the other thread and it's running all my devices like it did, except now with Thunderbolt 3 showing up in the System Report & no hot-plug at all.... so I'm getting SOMEWHERE LOL
Let's come back to this after the first two above.

Motherboard
ASUS WS Sage X299 / 10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Let's have a look at the following:
  • IOReg file
  • Thunderbolt SSDT
Send it as it is now? (I’m running the old AML file for connectivity as it works) or use the files I generated from this thread?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Send it as it is now? (I’m running the old AML file for connectivity as it works) or use the files I generated from this thread?
Please post both SSDTs and the IOReg. But the preference is for IOReg with the “correct” SSDT (PC00) loaded at boot time.

Motherboard
ASUS WS Sage X299 / 10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please post both SSDTs and the IOReg. But the preference is for IOReg with the “correct” SSDT (PC00) loaded at boot time.
Here's the AML I'm currently using that's loading correctly and the current IOReg.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml
    8 KB · Views: 8
  • IOReg.ioreg
    23.2 MB · Views: 7