Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
Graphics
Rx580
Because you have the Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master, have you modified the USB SSDT or created your own custom USBPorts kext?

Sleep/wake behavior is affected by several factors, the most important being USB configuration.

Thanks, but yes i do have USB Port kext in place which worked fine under Mojave...Sleep for the same rig was not an issue in Mojave. Pleasefind attachedthe bug report, any idea? USB wake kext is in place as well...

Attachments

• Freeze after sleep.pdf
    37.3 KB · Views: 5
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Aorus RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please try a cold start and disconnect the Apollo UAD when booting.
Disconnected, still same.
If I plug a monitor in the gpu at start up theb I get login in that, and the igpu one stuck at load.
Hot plug the stuck one out of the igpu into the gpu, black screen on both.

EDIT
I tried with igfx as boot but with igfx disable on bios. I see boot screen on both monitors connected to rx. I can login to osx, but then one of the monitor which is upside down it actually is, but the mouse is moving opposite (as if it would be straight) and I have to get back to standard and then rotate 180 again @CaseySJ
Would an update to mojave fix anything?

Attachments

• 4CB37159-D425-4858-9735-3C3C08C2E247.jpeg
    4CB37159-D425-4858-9735-3C3C08C2E247.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
How is the latency in logic pro with this build? I'm thinking about upgrading and this is the closest I can find for what I want (music production build using logic pro and some plugins etc)

Latency issues are more frequent in Windows, Mac OS handles audio in a more efficient way, this build with Logic works as smooth as a real Mac

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Successfully updated to Big Sur Public BETA 3
macOS Big Sur Public BETA 3.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I'm not using Logic, but with Bitwig, I get 5.33ms at 256samples of buffer at 48k. I've also run sessions at 128 at 2.67ms and the CPU handling everything flawlessly. I'm guessing if you get a beefier CPU you'd get even better performances, but that's pretty ok for my practice.
Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 11.26.43.png
Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 11.26.35.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just ran Geekbench 5 on Big Sur Public Beta 2. CPU scores:
View attachment 487413

That's surprising. Even single core performance is better than my 9900k...

Cheaper than my 9900k too...

How are amd hacks in general? Usable as daily driver? Experimental? Drawbacks?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
That's surprising. Even single core performance is better than my 9900k...

Cheaper than my 9900k too...

How are amd hacks in general? Usable as daily driver? Experimental? Drawbacks?
Not sur if AMD CPU is a good idea for a professional build. Some apps need Intel to work well

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Casey,

Yes I did this immediately after changing over from 0.6.0 to 0.6.1 to ensure I had all the patches and kexts the same. All seemed to replicate and double checked. I don't think I ever had any specific settings or patches for it, it just always worked, from clover to OC 0.6.0.

EDIT: I have noticed that I have device properties for the Intel i211 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet listed in OC and in addition to this I have the SmallTree-Intel-211.... kext in my Kext Folder. As I understand it, my MB only has Intel i219v GbE and the Aquantia 10gb. See screenshots attached. Do you think my settings are wrong or might be impacting on why my Aquantia port is not working.

View attachment 487466View attachment 487467
View attachment 487468
View attachment 487469
View attachment 487470
The i211 DeviceProperties entry should be deleted for AORUS Xtreme. And SmallTreeIntel kext should either be disabled or deleted.

In other words, we have to compare Clover and OC settings, then ensure that OC settings conform to Clover settings.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Let's summarize the issues here:
  • FCPX will only launch if it's left running in a previous boot session so that on next boot, macOS resumes it. Is this correct? Or FCPX will launch if it's launched immediately after logging in, but will not launch a minute or so later?
  • FCPX Export results in "Loading Destinations", but never comes out of this? The Export dialog does not appear?
  • iSkySoft Video Converter Ultimate also experiences similar problems? If so, does iSkySoft also fail to Export video?
  • The computer sometimes fails to shut down. By re-launching the Finder a couple of times it will eventually shut down?
Questions:
  • Are you using several third-party plug-ins?
  • Did this problem start recently? If so, was the system (and FCPX) working properly for some time before then?
  • Do you have the option to disable some or all third-party plug-ins?
FCPX will work without issues if I open it when I login to macOS. If I do other things like browsing, emails etc it will boot again but I can't export and can't quit also (only force quit). Im not sure about the time after 1st login but if I say 20-30 minutes after login then its 100% sure that it won't work.
Yes the "export dialog" does not appear.
Yes iSkysoft has similar problems. It works when I login w/o issues but after a period of time it's not converting and the apple rotating circle is spinning forever (only force quit works also).
Yes the computer after relaunching the finder it will shut down at least. If when I login I will do shut down in the first minutes then it shuts down without issues.

Yes Im using mainly photography and videography plugins like Red Giant suite and Nik Collection. But I was using the exact same plugins when my system was running without issues for more than a year (with your guides installing Mojave and then upgrading to Catalina).
The problem was there after installing OC 0.6.0 (fresh installation). This was done twice recently.
I can't disable third party plugins but I can uninstall them. Im sure its not about them cause my 2nd system has the same plugins and its working also for more than a year w/o issues (installing Mojave and then upgrading to Catalina with Clover).

From my conclusion I think that all this is related either to iGpu or AMD Gpu acceleration.
That's why I would like to learn from other users on this thread that if they have similar issues with fcpx. Most ppl here have almost identical systems.