Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
It is necessary once again to copy the following values into one of the new config files:
  • Serial Number
  • Board Serial Number
  • System UUID
Im planning to develop a web app to copy and past theme automatically from old.plist to new.plist

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
intel i7 9700
Graphics
Radeon 560 8G
@Lukey
@CaseySJ

Hi Casey, before updating to OC 0.6.1 my Aquantia 10gbe ethernet port (LAN1) was working however since the update to OC 0.6.1, my Aquantia port is not longer working. Any ideas what might have caused this. I have now switched to the second onboard ethernet port Intel GbE (LAN2)
Nothing changed on Catalina at least for Sonnet Solo SFP+ ( AQC107 )
If on BigSur :

patch : com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion
find : 6275696C 742D696E
replace : 62626262 62626262
MinKernel : 20.0.0
MaxKernel : 21.0.0

On the latest BigSur kernel version is 20.1.0

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Not having the problem in Logic with plugins being scanned at each startup, I'm on the current version of Logic, but all my Waves plugins are V11. I'm using OpenCore 0.60 and iMac19,1.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX-580
If i delete the audio cache, then on first run of logic it scans all my plugins and audio units. It creates the new cache file. However the next startup i get the updating audio units ... i don't think its scanning plugins it think maybe it's scanning audio hardware each time like it's finding new audio hardware??? I will turn off the onboard audio in the BIOS i don't think i used that before as it was causing my system to click from the motherboard relay when booting and i run my sound via either the Focusrite 4Pre or HDMI to my Yamaha receiver. I'm at work will try the motherboard audio when i get home... thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I just upgraded to OC 0.6.1 today to check an issue I have since I made a fresh installation of 0.6.0 still exists. The issue I have is that fcpx is working only if I open it when I power on my system and login. If I try to open it a little later, it's not. Actually it opens but it doesn't let me export anything. When I click the export button in the upper right corner it's showing "loading destinations". So I try to quit but it's not working either but only force quit works after I click 2-3 times. When it will quit then fcpx isn't opening also and a right click + command on the icon also shows again force quit option. That happens also with an app Im using called iskysoft video converter ultimate. Last thing to mention also is that when I will shut down my system, isn't shutting down but if I relaunch the finder 2-3 times then it completes the operation and shuts down. I had this experience a couple of years ago with a different system. The only thing that worked so far from the guide is the Mojave installation guide and then upgrading to Catalina (both guides from Casey's 1st post of this thread). I gave a try to Opencore and I have had many troubles since then. Today I tried 0.6.1 but the issue remains. I have to mention here that also copied Clover from my 2nd system which is identical to my main and it gives me random freezes. OC does not but I can't work and edit. Only solution that works as I mentioned above is to do a fresh installation of Mojave and then upgrade to Catalina. Im trying to avoid it to tell you the truth. If my system was meant for browsing, emails, office etc then it should be ok but as a filmmaker/video editor I have issues so far with OC. I would like to know if any of you who work with fcpx have similar issues. Best Regards.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 7.21.41 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 7.21.41 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 7.22.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 7.22.49 PM.png
    16.7 MB · Views: 10

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is there an easy way to hide the drives provided by default in the boot menu (using OpenCanopy) of Opencore (similar the option to the auxiliary tools)? I have successfully created custom entries for my two operating systems (MacOS Catalina and Windows 10) in config.plist under Misc(ellaneous)->Entries. Now I would like to only use my entries.
Although I haven't tried this myself, but we could experiment with Misc --> Security --> Scan Policy. Another option would be to create Path entries in Misc --> Entries for all drives and then check the Hide box the ones that should be hidden. Pressing <spacebar> will reveal the hidden entries.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright swapped my 1060 for a rx580, mobo doesn’t post and vga led is lit

EDIT
When booting with igpu as primary, the sustem recognize the rx
I encountered exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago on the Z490 Vision D after swapping GPUs.

After installing the RX 580 it might be necessary to do the following:
  • Disconnect monitor from any on-board video ports and connect monitor directly to RX 580
  • Perform CMOS Reset by shorting the two designated pins on motherboard with flat head screwdriver
    • Then configure BIOS parameters
    • If using BIOS version F9g or F9h, CFG-Lock is already disabled, but if using any other BIOS version, please unlock CFG-Lock (MSR 0xE2) once again
  • If the system boot up this time, enter BIOS Setup and:
    • Change IGFX --> Enabled (not Auto)
    • Change Initial Display Output --> PCIe 1 Slot

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I just upgraded to OC 0.6.1 today to check an issue I have since I made a fresh installation of 0.6.0 still exists. The issue I have is that fcpx is working only if I open it when I power on my system and login. If I try to open it a little later, it's not. Actually it opens but it doesn't let me export anything. When I click the export button in the upper right corner it's showing "loading destinations". So I try to quit but it's not working either but only force quit works after I click 2-3 times. When it will quit then fcpx isn't opening also and a right click + command on the icon also shows again force quit option. That happens also with an app Im using called iskysoft video converter ultimate. Last thing to mention also is that when I will shut down my system, isn't shutting down but if I relaunch the finder 2-3 times then it completes the operation and shuts down. I had this experience a couple of years ago with a different system. The only thing that worked so far from the guide is the Mojave installation guide and then upgrading to Catalina (both guides from Casey's 1st post of this thread). I gave a try to Opencore and I have had many troubles since then. Today I tried 0.6.1 but the issue remains. I have to mention here that also copied Clover from my 2nd system which is identical to my main and it gives me random freezes. OC does not but I can't work and edit. Only solution that works as I mentioned above is to do a fresh installation of Mojave and then upgrade to Catalina. Im trying to avoid it to tell you the truth. If my system was meant for browsing, emails, office etc then it should be ok but as a filmmaker/video editor I have issues so far with OC. I would like to know if any of you who work with fcpx have similar issues. Best Regards.
Let's summarize the issues here:
  • FCPX will only launch if it's left running in a previous boot session so that on next boot, macOS resumes it. Is this correct? Or FCPX will launch if it's launched immediately after logging in, but will not launch a minute or so later?
  • FCPX Export results in "Loading Destinations", but never comes out of this? The Export dialog does not appear?
  • iSkySoft Video Converter Ultimate also experiences similar problems? If so, does iSkySoft also fail to Export video?
  • The computer sometimes fails to shut down. By re-launching the Finder a couple of times it will eventually shut down?
Questions:
  • Are you using several third-party plug-ins?
  • Did this problem start recently? If so, was the system (and FCPX) working properly for some time before then?
  • Do you have the option to disable some or all third-party plug-ins?