RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Replies above...
These results vindicate the RX580. I was worried that this particular model might have a problematic VBIOS, but that does not appear to be the case. I would like to audit your configuration before speculating about next steps. To that end, would you please upload:
  • Compressed CLOVER folder (you may remove Serial Numbers from SMBIOS).
  • Screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder.
  • IORegistry dump (simply run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As...).

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
arghhhhVimeo...

try this:
LOL!!! If there's a problem there I don't see it! :) When cursor hovers over a link, it changes from arrow to hand even for me.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE-F4
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Ouch, we cannot escape the laws of statistics. There'll be a defective DIMM every so often. If you are within your return/exchange window, please do so.

Edit: Just to confirm: did you run Memtest with just a single DIMM installed at a time?
I ran it with two DIMM installed, with the size of my cpu cooler and how hard it is to install I've ordered a cheap small cooler that is arriving with one new DIMM tomorrow so I can change it and test the new stick and the current sticks one at a time. I will order the second DIMM soon and I'm within my return period so I've already setup the return I just need to drop the memory off to pickup point.

So hopefully all the issues I was having recently was just because of the memory.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys,

Does anyone know these setups also work for high sierra or not?
I'm going to install high sierra on Designare Z390 + 9900k, because I have to use nvidia GPU.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Classic, iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, SE/30
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
@soundsgerman, I think it was you that PM'd me on Reddit but I figured I'd copy over my response.

Do you see "UA Mixer Engine" in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility?

View attachment 394551

If not maybe try clicking the little lock on the lower left, enter your password, press "+" and add "UA Mixer Engine".

"UA Mixer Engine" should be located in HD > Library > Application Support > Universal Audio > Apollo

Hope that helps!

Edit: Just caught up with the thread and it seems like you're using TB1 so that could also be another issue even if the software permissions are properly granted.
I think I may have spoken too soon: For the first time since I built this machine, today I started having problems where the UAD software/driver was attached to the Apollo 8 Quad, but the plugins weren't showing as being authorized. Even re-authorizing them successfully would "degrade" and I'd have to hit the button again. There is likely a problem with v9.8. I've had this unit for a few years with no problems until today. I'll uninstall/reinstall v9.8, but I'll roll back to v9.7 if there are lingering problems.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
LOL!!! If there's a problem there I don't see it! :) When cursor hovers over a link, it changes from arrow to hand even for me.
there is a mouse flickering on the 2 video...
you have to view in full screen.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS

Attachments