- Nov 11, 2018
- Gigabyte Designare Z390
- RX 5700 XT
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Here's something to try:Double checked all you mentioned above but still have that phantom display...
I'm running a PowerColor VGA - AXRX 580 8GBD5-3DH/OC connected to an LG UltraFine 5k which is connected to the motherboard TB out...
- The internal UHD 630 can drive the LG UltraFine 5K as well.
- If you're using a headless platform ID (0x3E920003 or 0x3E910003), try switching back to non-headless: 0x3E9B0007.
- Disconnect the cable from RX 580 to Motherboard DP-In Port.
- Keep the Thunderbolt cable connected between the motherboard and the LG UltraFine.
- No need to change SMBIOS (I hope!).
- Do you get a 5K or 4K display on the LG UltraFine?
- Do you get the same ghost desktop?